Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/897898539983880192

Too loving late, Felix. Too loving late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

guys I heard nazis are real and they kill people?? what how is anyone supposed to know that that's not fair

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
One of the many things wrong with human nature is the inability for a great number of people to take something seriously before there's bloodshed.

You can give them all the evidence in the world but it'll take deaths to make them believe you.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Why would somebody draw himself to be so insanely punchable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think it's been easy for white people to think that, while neo-Nazis exist, they must be a fringe group that nobody takes seriously and a small minority that don't represent a real threat. It required one to be pretty myopic to believe that, but, well, as a white person, we're fantastic about just not seeing anything that makes us uncomfortable.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Meh, for some people, it takes a real shock to the system to break them out of their world where a bunch of lame-o libtard SJWs are being too sensitive. I agree that he should have stopped doing this poo poo earlier, but better late than never, imo.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

It's not all bad to be a youtube intellectual these days. You get to be on top 10 lists on how to achieve "success". Tip number 1. Stop doing the wrong things. I cant tell you the nine others because I followed the first one to the letter, but I am assuming the second one is 2. Water is wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jN1ckK2YBA

Midig fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 16, 2017

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3hr0iONQ5A

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

STOP! Please lose the gimmick. If you were talking about retro games or comics or something this is fine. For political discussions. Just no. I don't need a pallet swap of Deathstroke in a top hat talking about anarcho capitalism in my life

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

My WWE 13 CAW has come to life!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

BigRed0427 posted:

STOP! Please lose the gimmick. If you were talking about retro games or comics or something this is fine. For political discussions. Just no. I don't need a pallet swap of Deathstroke in a top hat talking about anarcho capitalism in my life

Basically I'm escaping into a virtual cyber utopia because the world has become too complex OK. Basically don't wake the dreamer OK.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

BigRed0427 posted:

Au contraire, I enjoy my opponents' gimmicks.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I just realized that Baked Alaska guy used to work for Buzzfeed. He was in their food videos and other poo poo. what the gently caress. Why would you even go work there if you're a white supremacist, that has to be one of the most left-leaning workplaces in America

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
also enjoy some chuds ranting about buzzfeed, which appears to be an entire sub-genre of content on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE5sYtIKoHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYYK5cG7nEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY1ylS-0lqc

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

For reactionary politics, he's supposed to be a still drawing that cycles between 3 and 6 poses.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

The pinnacle of society: getting high, drinking raw milk, and fully utilizing my 2 kilometer maximum effective range.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i like the gramphone next to the bong. luv 2 get blazed and listen to ragtime records. very steampunk

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Mr Interweb posted:

Meh, for some people, it takes a real shock to the system to break them out of their world where a bunch of lame-o libtard SJWs are being too sensitive. I agree that he should have stopped doing this poo poo earlier, but better late than never, imo.

I mean I would have figured he would have said that after the disney firing thing and go "oh poo poo yeah no yeah that's bad" instead of doubling down on it.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Earlier this year, YouTube’s biggest star sparked controversy after Disney severed ties with him over jokes about Jewish people and Nazis. At the time, Felix ‘Pewdiepie’ Kjellberg apologized but continued to make many Nazi references in defiance to the outrage. Months later, Kjellberg says he has a different perspective about those jokes and says he’s no longer going to make them.

“At this point, I’d really just want to distance myself from all of this,” Kjellberg said. “I remember back when everything happened in February, I was sort of like, ‘I mean, they’re just jokes. There’s not actual Nazis out there, what are you talking about?’ And then I look at this, and I’m like oh, I see. OK!”

The “this” he is referring to are the events in Charlottesville, Virginia, when torch-wielding white supremacists held a rally that got violent and resulted in a counter-protester being killed. Like many of us, Kjellberg watched in horror, and in a recent vlog update, he says that the events at the rally made him reconsider his approach to humor.

“It sort of gave me a little bit of perspective, because technically I got grouped in with these people somehow,” Kjellberg said.

“Believe it or not, I want nothing to do with these people,” Kjellberg continued. “I have no hate in my heart. I only have hate for hateful people.”

“So I thought now would be a good time as any to say, I want nothing to do with these people,” Kjellberg said. “I don’t think anyone that watches me think I’m an actual Nazi, but I know that some people might have some doubts, mainly because of all the jokes that I’ve been making.”

In the past, Kjellberg has jokingly pretended to have a cardboard cutout call him a Nazi, and also made a running gag out the Nazi salute. Many of these references were attempts at irony, or winks to an audience who “knew” he wasn’t a Nazi. But in a world where Nazis and other white supremacists are not only real, but feeling emboldened right now, it’s also pretty easy for such jokes to become co-opted. Infamously, earlier this year, white supremacy website The Daily Stormer put up a banner that said it was “The world’s #1 PewDiePie fansite”

Charlottesville, Kjellberg implied, made him realize that white supremacy is not just an edgy internet joke, but an actual thing that people have to deal with. So, he says he’s giving up the tired shtick. In response, he has supporters online commending him for the statement, skeptics saying surely he had to be aware of the evils and reality of Naziism all along, and disappointed fans who seem to believe he is giving in to overly sensitive critics.

“You are letting liars dictate what you say,” one commenter wrote. “You’re apologizing for something you’re​ not... I liked you because you didn’t let lies change you and didn’t treat your fans like idiots (who couldn’t tell what’s a joke).”

“PewdieCuck!!,” another wrote. “Get your own voice PewdieCuck!! Now you have got to be careful with every word you say just to not upset the others. Boooo.”

“I’m gonna stop doing it,” Kjellberg said. “Nazi memes are not even that funny anymore. It’s sort of a dead meme. So, just to make it clear. No more. OK? It’s not me censoring myself, it’s more like, I don’t want to be a part of this. OK? Just want to move on with my life.”

--

lol dude is a loving idiot

CelestialCookie
Oct 23, 2012

I See Dead People
It takes a special kind of doofus to think that white supremacy movement is just a bogeyman invented by esjews or something.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol what kind of incel robot thinks sex isn't special? it's the driving force of most things we do. it's literally a subconscious need on the level of eating and drinking and sleep.

and the reason you need consent for it is because i'm physically putting another part of myself into another person. i don't do that when we play volleyball. and usually i would go "hey wanna play volleyball?" before we do it, it doesn't just happen randomly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol what kind of incel robot thinks sex isn't special? it's the driving force of most things we do. it's literally a subconscious need on the level of eating and drinking and sleep.
That sounds like some kind of deprecated Freudianism. It's the incels who seem to think sex is special, which is why they're so bitter and twisted up about how ~those bitches~ are withholding it from them. If they didn't think it was special or some kind of necessity, they wouldn't be incels, they'd just be cels, they'd go hiking instead or join a seminary. Instead society has convinced them that they need to be winning at sex to have any kind of social status, and they're too weak or lack any other sort of anchoring that they can't laugh that off, so they end up as bitter losers floating in an aimless chan-board void until someone comes along and tells them that it's feminism's fault that they aren't getting laid.

What they're really missing that makes them angry is genuine human connection, but they reduce that down to a physiological need for sex because that's the garbage way that a lot of pop-culture puts it and also because they're angry entitled manboys.

CANON
Jun 7, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

That sounds like some kind of deprecated Freudianism. It's the incels who seem to think sex is special, which is why they're so bitter and twisted up about how ~those bitches~ are withholding it from them. If they didn't think it was special or some kind of necessity, they wouldn't be incels, they'd just be cels, they'd go hiking instead or join a seminary. Instead society has convinced them that they need to be winning at sex to have any kind of social status, and they're too weak or lack any other sort of anchoring that they can't laugh that off, so they end up as bitter losers floating in an aimless chan-board void until someone comes along and tells them that it's feminism's fault that they aren't getting laid.

What they're really missing that makes them angry is genuine human connection, but they reduce that down to a physiological need for sex because that's the garbage way that a lot of pop-culture puts it and also because they're angry entitled manboys.

It takes a good deal of thought and introspection to come to terms with these kinds of things, so much easier to leave hateful comments on feminist cringe compilations and h3h3 videos.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there is a physiological need for it (science shows it's a subconscious urge on the level of hunger etc) but you are right that they miss that part of that is an emotional connection. i'll never grasp sleeping with someone who doesn't enthusiastically want to get down.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

there is a physiological need for it (science shows it's a subconscious urge on the level of hunger etc) but you are right that they miss that part of that is an emotional connection. i'll never grasp sleeping with someone who doesn't enthusiastically want to get down.
Maybe there is a physiological need, varying from person to person, but as proto-goonlord Diogenes put it "If only it were as easy to banish hunger by rubbing my belly."

They're not ferrets, they're not going to die without full intercourse as with food or water or sleep, they could just jerk it in their basements instead of commenting on feminist videos and the world would be better for it. The problem comes from all the other toxic poo poo surrounding the idea that somehow they're entitled to HB9s and being 'denied' sex by feminazis and, yeah, lacking all of the other emotional connections that too much of pop-culture and chan-culture dismisses as unmanly.

If they could get over their entitlement and boyrage and form constructive interpersonal relationships they'd feel better even without the sex. Paradoxically (from their worldview) they then might even get laid.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
checked out "mundanematt":

quote:

I do not want to defend these people [nazis] at all... I hate having to defend them
wont someone think of the nazis :911:

e: this comments section is normal:

crime weed fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 17, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe there is a physiological need, varying from person to person, but as proto-goonlord Diogenes put it "If only it were as easy to banish hunger by rubbing my belly."

if jerking off were anywhere near as good, no men would have sex.

all the rest you say is true tho.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That's because you don't form an emotional connection with your hand

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

psh speak for yourself.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

if jerking off were anywhere near as good, no men would have sex.
I mean yeah, but chanlord incels don't actually know that firsthand. :v:

Their main problem seems to be that they think they need sex to become a fully rounded 'successful' person and that Chads are successful because the invisible handjob of the sexual marketplace or some poo poo, rather than that maybe they should try that the other way around.

That's also why you get geniuses saying "I know, I'll make a rambling public video about how consent is crap because that will make women want to spend time with me in isolation."

It's like some Buddhist koan or something, to get the thing they want, they need to stop wanting it to the exclusion of all else.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I know Total Biscuit is a non-entity because I'm pretty involved in the game journalist sphere and the only time I hear about him is through this thread.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Verisimilidude posted:

I know Total Biscuit is a non-entity because I'm pretty involved in the game journalist sphere and the only time I hear about him is through this thread.

is his cancer in remisson?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BigRed0427 posted:

Nobody needs anarcho capitalism in their life comrade

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Verisimilidude posted:

He's not involved in making much videos these days, but he is involved with helping others. Like he was asked by Valve to help with their Greenlight poo poo, and he's slightly helping the Alex Mauer DCMA storm.

boner confessor posted:

is his cancer in remisson?

Not sure, he is looking better than he was a few months ago.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

happyhippy posted:

Not sure, he is looking better than he was a few months ago.

That's good. Cancer's a loving horrible way to go, so it'd be nice if he beat it.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Beyond never, ever, ever having had the sex, the one thing that stood out was how his me-as-Captian-Jean-Lue-Picard-in-Universe-Mauve was fairly good with respect to his long head.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's literally a subconscious need on the level of eating and drinking and sleep

The thirst is real.

Guavanaut posted:

If they could get over their entitlement and boyrage and form constructive interpersonal relationships they'd feel better even without the sex. Paradoxically (from their worldview) they then might even get laid.

Which'll take a lot of work and/or time. Normally, I'd assume these kinds of people would grow out of it (being a "late-bloomer" and all that), but this nonsense has made these feelings acceptable. I also doubt they'd get help to fix their lives because of all the stigmas associated with counseling, which include society's general resentment and toxic masculinity.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Is this real, last I checked Milo wasn't on Twitter

Edit : oh wait that's from 2014, nvm

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Kjoery posted:

checked out "mundanematt":

wont someone think of the nazis :911:

e: this comments section is normal:

lol at the literal Nazis in that comments section weeping over how they have to start acting like actual terrorists now. :qq:

edit: not to trivialize terrorism, but I think it's funny how they cry about how the left is forcing them to be more violent and more dangerous because no one wants to listen to their rants about white mediocrity.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
MundaneMatt has always been an apologist for police brutality, it's not surprising he'd jump to the defense of literal Nazis as well.

• Locked thread