Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

if anyone is looking for a nice definition of alt lite
https://twitter.com/dril/status/898206546492100609

Do the drops also enlarge Ed Balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/898151888977350656

"Owning SJWs by their own logic with good ideas" is my favorite school of alt-right jiu-jitsu.

:stare:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Owning SJWs by their own logic with good ideas" is my favorite school of alt-right jiu-jitsu.

not to mention Trump would absolutely be on board to be the one to rebuild the white house. wow pjw is bringing the country together I never thought a gnome cursed to stay in his 1 br flat by an ancient gypsy woman could be the one to do it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:ironicat:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

shiksa posted:

not to mention Trump would absolutely be on board to be the one to rebuild the white house. wow pjw is bringing the country together I never thought a gnome cursed to stay in his 1 br flat by an ancient gypsy woman could be the one to do it.

:golfclap:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I feel like this one's reaching a bit. Yes he said the n word which he shouldn't have done, but his heart seems to be in the right place even if it is smothered in white privilege and ignorance. He's not exactly sieg heiling and calling for lynchings or anything here.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the original white house burned down in ww1... what an idiot

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Darkman Fanpage posted:

by that logic the nazis were also good

I don't want to tell him, somebody else do it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

russians turning on trump before the republicans do lol

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

russians turning on trump before the republicans do lol

It isn't happening organically, this is the result of Putin's latest orders.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Mansion posted:

Uh, good?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Pale Horse posted:

I feel like this one's reaching a bit. Yes he said the n word which he shouldn't have done, but his heart seems to be in the right place even if it is smothered in white privilege and ignorance. He's not exactly sieg heiling and calling for lynchings or anything here.

He's being a loving dumbass and needs some disciplinary action and sensitivity training from the school, but denying him admission is a bit much. Unless he was actually marching in Cville.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also saying the confederates were good because they didnt launch launch a guerrilla campaign is false. that's what the kkk was initially for, that's what many of the violent insurrections against reconstruction efforts were. elements that used to be part of the csa army used violent means to sustain and restablish white supremacy throughout the south. fuckers never stopped fighting their war they just took it underground.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
black americans might have been freed from forced servitude but they sure as gently caress werent free from white supremacy continuing to keep them at the bottom of society.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I mean. . . okay? I'm not really attached to the White House, at all, so if this was a serious idea I'd be basically okay with it. I don't think it's necessary, but whatever.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
can we get the canadians to burn it down again? i think they'd like that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

I mean. . . okay? I'm not really attached to the White House, at all, so if this was a serious idea I'd be basically okay with it. I don't think it's necessary, but whatever.

You can break down and rebuild the most iconic and historical parts of the WH like the Oval Office and Kennedy's sex room from Mars Attacks, and rebuild them in a museum. Then we could have an even bigger and better White House.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

tbf the british know a thing or two about demolishing the white house maybe we should hear him out

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Like if the US was serious about owning up to its past we would pay prisoners real fuckin' money for their work instead of perpetuating constitutional slavery forever. Then we'd revamp our criminal justice system to actually be equal rather than "equal". basically nobody would give two shits about the confederate statues if we had a legitimately equal society, but we don't, so all they represent is the current system of racism and oppression we've got going on.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Charles Mansion posted:

the propaganda wing of Russia is heavy into playing all sides at once. they take controlled opposition to the max and anything coming from state media folks is coordinated. well, probably. if they die suddenly then odds are they were actually shooting their mouths off.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/connorsouthard/status/898199733281460224

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
*juggalo slidding down an incline quickshotting arrows into the faces of nazis.*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's Gimli wielding the hatchet 3/10

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's Gimli wielding the hatchet 3/10

he made it very loudly and needless clear that it was, in fact, his ax.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Lol, security land is full of "Libertarians" who are really excited about military hardware to the point where I expect to see them goose step in excitement. On the positive side, they'll *never* join a rally out of fear of losing their ticket to a well paid job with super low expectations.

Seriously half of these guys are low six figures and essentially retired in place.

Source: A DSA member with a security clearance.

:same:

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Basically the entire existing White House is an imitation from the 1950s.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:siren:WARNING! UNIVERSE BRAIN DETECTED:siren:

LePage: Removing Confederate statues is like taking down 9/11 memorial

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Darkman Fanpage posted:

*juggalo slidding down an incline quickshotting arrows into the faces of nazis.*

*drives a car into a crowd of Nazis*

"That still only counts as one!"

Too far? :ohdear:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

A Pale Horse posted:

:chloe:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
e: im not going there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
loving this false narrative of "BUHHH YOU'RE ERASING HISTORY BY REMOVING THE STATUES!"

there are no statues to hitler or nazism in germany yet everybody still has a good idea of what they are/were about. statues are for the glorification of something. museums books and plaques are for history. if you cant realize that building statues to men who defended the institution of slavery by going to war with the rest of the country over it a century after the fact is wrong and that glorifying it is wrong then maybe you shouldnt be the one getting to dictate what is history.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also it should be pointed out thay yes george washington and thomas jefferson owned slaves and they were lovely for it. but they also were instrumental in building this nation. there was push back by members of the party that drafted the constitution but in the end they were pushed aside because slavery wad the status quo of the western world and the western hemisphere. by the time of the american civil war the majority of western nations and independent new world nations had outlawed slavery. the atlantic slave trade was at that point an outlaw operation as the british navy was preventing the transfer of slaves to the americas. the southern slave system relied on trading slaves amongst itself more than bringing in new slaves from africa.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

loving this false narrative of "BUHHH YOU'RE ERASING HISTORY BY REMOVING THE STATUES!"

there are no statues to hitler or nazism in germany yet everybody still has a good idea of what they are/were about. statues are for the glorification of something. museums books and plaques are for history. if you cant realize that building statues to men who defended the institution of slavery by going to war with the rest of the country over it a century after the fact is wrong and that glorifying it is wrong then maybe you shouldnt be the one getting to dictate what is history.

there was a guy in the trump thread who was saying we shouldnt destroy the statues because the secrets to metallurgy might be lost like damascus steel

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

shiksa posted:

Boston is racist, but not really Nazi racist. plus I'm sure a lotta southie sullys are looking for some nerds to beat up at any given time

Boston is racist but there is no way in hell a bunch of Southie boys are going to let nazi out of towners come be racist in their city.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
THESE FUCKERS KNOW NOTHING OF OUR NATION'S HISTORY. THEY GOT THEIR WHITE WASHED HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY AND THAT'S IT

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Al! posted:

there was a guy in the trump thread who was saying we shouldnt destroy the statues because the secrets to metallurgy might be lost like damascus steel

lmao holy poo poo the dumbest take got

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

*very SC2 adjutant voice* Alert! Class 12 galaxy brain wave form detected.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
we might lose the metallurgy techniques of this statue cast in... *squints to read inscription* 1973!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

we might lose the metallurgy techniques of this statue cast in... *squints to read inscription* 1973!

the loss of the knowledge on how to blow pig iron into concrete forms will devastate humanity, especially since confederate monuments were the only statues ever built in america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

oh yeah the human crouton is a p bad poster

The Human Crouton posted:

A confederate statue put into a museum today is a reminder of the civil war, the circumstances and date under which it was put up, and the circumstances and date under which it was taken down. It also gives insight into the metallurgy and art of the time. It's a great tool for the offspring of those who actually have the chance to have sex to learn from mistakes and make a better future.

But we're angry about certain haircuts now, so let's destroy them.