Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Erenthal posted:

Noted documentary MGS5 disagrees with you that it is merely a conspiracy.

I'm halfway through 4 in my playthrough, everything from here on out is new to me and I can't wait. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

This does not deserve to get buried in the last page.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Great, now we're never going to win the Japan Series again.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:trumppop:

e: missing the garrison signature tho

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 17, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

:piss:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It's really depressing, but not that surprising, that the thread favorites would pick up Trump's BOTH SIDES BAD! line. Or coming dangerously close to "actually, people who oppose Nazis are worse than Nazis."

Like how do you even get to this point? Where devotees of racist genocide are given so much deference and benefit of the doubt? A person is dead, another was beaten, many more injured, at the hands of people wrapped in Nazi regalia, and all some of these assholes can say is ":byodood: ANTIFA ARE SCARY THUGS!"

Oh, of course, because Nazis are far-right, and 'Right = Good, Left = Bad', even if they're so far right they're literally neo Nazis.

I want each one of them to read those accounts from local church goers basically saying "that poo poo was terrifying but thankfully the Antifa were there to help defend us."

Edit:

This is glorious.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Wait for me! I just have to grab my Taliban briefcase.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

:wow:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Erenthal posted:

And the nazis couldn't have been more upfront about their agenda too. They shouted "jews will not replace us", and "white sharia". They had swastika banners and guns. They murdered a counter protestor. What else is required before someone goes "hmm, anything but unequivocal condemnation will make me look like a fuckhead nazi"

It's because they don't disagree, they just know they can't say so out loud.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

I love the disingenuous "no statues" sign. Yes. The left hates statues. That is our one goal.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:vince:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

Oddly enough, we have a colonel statue at the entrance of a KFC in Mongolia. I remember being struck by it the first time I saw it because I had no clue what the Mongols must think of it.

Yeah, it's more in Europe that it's an issue. When I was in Japan the guy was all over the place.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

We in America should just adopt this as Sander's official uniform.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

There is a difference between documenting atrocities rather than glorifying them.

Destroying monuments of evil organizations is cathartic, sends a public message, and removes tribunal objects from public spaces.

It's suddenly an affront to decency to destroy evil, golly gosh.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is it okay to want political cartoonists dead when they portray the victims of terrorists as just as bad as terrorists?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Ah yes, that overwhelmingly white and middle-aged group of people pulling down statues. You disingenuous gently caress.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ikanreed posted:

Is it okay to want political cartoonists dead when they portray the victims of terrorists as just as bad as terrorists?

The answer I would have given two weeks ago and the one I would give today is very different.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I don't recall any political cartoons about how bad it was to tear down the statues of Saddam Hussein.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I love the disingenuous "no statues" sign. Yes. The left hates statues. That is our one goal.

I'm beginning to, the more I think about it. Kind of dumb to reduce complex historical lessons into an idol of some person staring in the middle distance. Take the money that would have gone to the statue and donate it to charity.

Keep the Statue of Liberty and that one of the guy fighting babies, that's all you really need.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It seems like the one thing for which Stantis will never forgive Hillary is that she lost the elections.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

tyblazitar posted:

Ah yes, that overwhelmingly white and middle-aged group of people pulling down statues. You disingenuous gently caress.

If a philosophical zombie draws a strawman destroying a statue it is haram

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cabbit posted:

I'm beginning to, the more I think about it. Kind of dumb to reduce complex historical lessons into an idol of some person staring in the middle distance. Take the money that would have gone to the statue and donate it to charity.

Keep the Statue of Liberty and that one of the guy fighting babies, that's all you really need.

No, statues serve as a very important focal point to culture in reminding us what society builds its historical foundation on and what it cares about. We just don't want those being white supremacist individuals.

Can't quote this enough.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Radish posted:

We in America should just adopt this as Sander's official uniform.

And have McDonalds dress up Ronald as Superman so kids can argue which would win in a fight.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"Robert E. Lee? He was a famous baseball shortstop, right?" -- a dumbshit cartoonist

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ramos posted:

No, statues serve as a very important focal point to culture in reminding us what society builds its historical foundation on and what it cares about. We just don't want those being white supremacist individuals.

Apparently what we do want is huge phalluses:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cat Mattress posted:

It seems like the one thing for which Stantis will never forgive Hillary is that she lost the elections.

He had 8 years of easy cartoons setup and she had to go and ruin it by losing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragnar34 posted:

There's got to be a closet furry goon around here who knows more than they're telling re: Garrison's furry alter-ego. To that goon I want to say you can snitch on Garrison without hesitation here. It's been established that juggalos are cool if they're making GBS threads on neo-nazis, so I don't see why furries can't get in on that.

I haven't seen anything anywhere. Did eat a probation on the big art site though for calling out fascists. The likely dude who reported me called me a pedophile, and then he cries to the admins.

I've kept an eye out though.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 17, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

Apparently what we do want is huge phalluses:

What is this? It looks like something out of a Junji Ito novel.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ikanreed posted:

Yes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What is this? It looks like something out of a Junji Ito novel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogner_Park

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I haven't seen anything anywhere. Did eat a probation on the big art site though for calling out fascists. The likely dude who reported me called me a pedophile, and then he cries to the admins.

I've kept an eye out though.
Thanks for letting us know?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Somebody's triggered now that they can no longer access the Daily Stormer.

D.N. Nation posted:

do these people not know what the FA in antifa stands for

My money is on them thinking it's some sort of Spanish Mexican word. These are mostly the same peabrains who gleefully called themselves "tea-baggers" right after the Tea Party became a thing.

B-But...drones?

Gary is quite concerned about equality in the workplace.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I like the little mannequin doing an old-timey fall-out-of-the-frame-at-the-punchline bit

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
As someone who heard of Anglin years before he was big (when the daily stormer was called totalfascism and he had just broken away from the 9/11 conspiracy crowd) I couldn't be happier to see him on the run.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sandpuppy posted:

Gary is quite concerned about equality in the workplace.
Huh. What prompted this? Is it because Google took out Der Sturmer and he's mad about it? I'm genuinely confused here.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Huh. What prompted this? Is it because Google took out Der Sturmer and he's mad about it? I'm genuinely confused here.

Google Is The Real Racists

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The Google guy who got canned for being a sexist dork.

Sad thing is, Gary's actually right! It's total crocodile tears in the service of s-s-s-s-sssslammin' the libs, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I don't often say this, but gently caress you Latuff. Israel is lovely, but they don't really have death-to-arab groups who get state sanction.

• Locked thread