Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
What happened to poor single people around 30 in the civil war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Rushi posted:

Maybe I should never go to Europe :(

The nature of terrorism (assuming that's what this is, which seems fairly unlikely). Casualties from attacks in Europe are statistically not particularly significant in terms of the danger. Doesn't make things any less tragic, terrible or terrifying, especially when they happen in your backyard (Manchester for me).

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
It sounds like the hostages are confirmed in the bar/resteraunt

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

mormonpartyboat posted:

well actually it's classist to say that you have to be poor to be a juggalo or that being a juggalo implies being poor

*Rolling down the partition in my limo*

Driver you know this isn't the type of Faygo I like

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Inspector Hound posted:

I just

He named his kid after the fake media publicist he would pretend to be when he talked to reporters in the 80s, and no one talks about it

trump used his daughter as leverage to make his second wife divorce with no contest and made sure his nephew died by removing him from the family insurance, naming a child after his alter ego is kind of mild in comparison

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Has anyone ever streamed a hostage negotiation?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

just buy a ruger 10/22 and be done with it.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Rushi posted:

You've heard of 'field rations'?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Rushi posted:

ICE hooked em up (Incel Co-habitation Enforcement)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Joementum posted:

"the president has just endorsed neo-nazis and now the juggalos are joining with the wobblies to fight them, also the president is donald trump", a time-travelling version of me screams to people in the 90s as he's led away in a straightjacket

this is the plot of 12 monkeys isn't it?

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
I just heard fox reporter say "fanboy accounts"

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

It sounds like the hostages are confirmed in the bar/resteraunt

ok thank you wofl blitzer

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yeah that's the point

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gravy Jones posted:

The nature of terrorism (assuming that's what this is, which seems fairly unlikely). Casualties from attacks in Europe are statistically not particularly significant in terms of the danger. Doesn't make things any less tragic, terrible or terrifying, especially when they happen in your backyard (Manchester for me).

yea from an objective sense you're no more at risk in europe than you are in any other western area, but yea obviously it's hard to make that case compelling when the whole point of this poo poo is to be visceral and scary even if they're very rarely doing major 'damage' in the grand scheme.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mayor Dave posted:

except the no-go zones, as paul joseph watson showed me

thats where the best döner kebabs are

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Rolf Blitzer

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

He also gets angry if an advisor tries to educate him on an issue. Everyone around him is walking on eggshells.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

just arrange the nazi and non-nazi ones in two teams, let the chess grandmasters determine fate

please barron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sm_-vJNCHk

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

:colbert:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Okay but how far east until it's too likely I'll die to terrorism/dui

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

spain is fun to play around in in ck2

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Rushi posted:

Okay but how far east until it's too likely I'll die to terrorism/dui

uh chicago

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Rushi posted:

drafted. both sides needed more manpower, so everyone was pushed into service. the rate of desertion, especially for the South, was horrendous.

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

too many characters illusion destroyed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

"the president has just endorsed neo-nazis and now the juggalos are joining with the wobblies to fight them, also the president is donald trump", a time-travelling version of me screams to people in the 90s as he's led away in a straightjacket

nice 12 monkeys ref yes I know about la jetee

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
wtf does isis even have against spain? not like they've had a n active foreign policy in the last two hundred years

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

a.lo posted:

Yeah that's the point

he's blowing a dogwhistle labaled WHITE GENOCIDE :sun:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cargo cult posted:

wtf does isis even have against spain? not like they've had a n active foreign policy in the last two hundred years

ISIS Got some Spainin to Do

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rushi posted:

Has anyone ever streamed a hostage negotiation?

twitch plays: hostage negotiation

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

cargo cult posted:

Re-reconquista

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Next-Gen posted:

too many characters illusion destroyed

I once posted a very obvious fake tweet on Twitter because I thought people would instantly pick up on the point I was making.

I got inundated on both sides for the next 3 days by people screaming "FAKE NEWS!!!!!" so I try to make it obvious now.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

theory: the main reason donald became friends with steve bannon is because he initially misread steve's name as "steve barron"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rushi posted:

Maybe I should never go to Europe :(
Don't let isis turn you into a massive pussy

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

That DICK! posted:

ISIS Got some Spainin to Do

Lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rushi posted:

They got hired to fight instead of rich people who had better things to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

The_Raven posted:

From the joint statement - "they were not responsible". Bullshit. gently caress them and gently caress the ACLU.

aclu still a good litmus test of peoples opinions

quote:

Until now, every lawsuit trying to hold people accountable for the CIA torture program has been dismissed at initial stages because the government successfully argued that letting the cases proceed would reveal state secrets. But unlike previous cases, this time the Justice Department did not try to derail the lawsuit. The defendants attempted to dismiss the case multiple times, but the court consistently ruled that the plaintiffs had valid claims.

quote:

“Drs. Mitchell and Jessen assert that the abuses of Mr. Salim and Mr. Ben Soud occurred without their knowledge or consent and that they were not responsible for those actions. Drs. Mitchell and Jessen also assert that they were unaware of the specific abuses that ultimately caused Mr. Rahman's death and are also not responsible for those actions.

People who did this bad thing couldn't be held accountable. Now they can. The government can't go "State Secrets!" and be immune, nor can the people that they hire. This is good for future cases.

• Locked thread