Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cargo cult posted:

wtf does isis even have against spain? not like they've had a n active foreign policy in the last two hundred years

if it is isis, it's about spreading distrust and terror to get countries to crack down on islam (socially or legally) and thereby provide more recruits for ISIS. disaffected and pushed out young Muslim men/women might turn to ISIS for refuge and, in so doing, strengthen them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just saw two ladies leave a white boy hanging for a high five and he didn't know how to handle it and just started spastically shaking his hand..... this is the oppression men face

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

That DICK! posted:

ISIS Got some Spainin to Do

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/terebifunhouse/status/898206260780290048

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is trump still a one term

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

That DICK! posted:

one more strong geopolitics pun from you and it's a pattern

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898136462385979392

Flake Jeff FLAKE

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

cargo cult posted:

wtf does isis even have against spain? not like they've had a n active foreign policy in the last two hundred years

granada never forgets

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

That DICK! posted:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rushi posted:

Has anyone ever streamed a hostage negotiation?
Yeah the ATF held the Branch Davidians hostage until they decided simply killing them all would be more expedient, before the eyes of the world.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

That DICK! posted:

:lol:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I genuinely can't tell if Trump is legit a white supremacist just too dumb to see himself beimg puppeteered by them. Why would anyone from New York go to bat for loving Robert E Lee of all people if they weren't a closet KKK

Lol I really hope he dies soon

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I genuinely can't tell if Trump is legit a white supremacist just too dumb to see himself beimg puppeteered by them. Why would anyone from New York go to bat for loving Robert E Lee of all people if they weren't a closet KKK

Maybe he was a huge dukes of hazzard fan

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

if u wanna see some white supremacists head on up to central and northern new york state. no state in the union is without its branch of the kkk.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Glorifying a monster responsible for the deaths of millions

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

well his dad was a kkk

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I am a failure just like my president.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

trump is a white supremacist because trump is white

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

trump used his daughter as leverage to make his second wife divorce with no contest and made sure his nephew died by removing him from the family insurance, naming a child after his alter ego is kind of mild in comparison

Yeah no one talks about these either because there's too many parts

Why can't American news have the impartial cynicism of like last week tonight or the "that's bullshit, what's the real answer" gumption of the journalists at the bbc, maybe without the weird culture worship that comes through randomly. CNN should be a constant stream of multi hour shows composed of 20 minute in depth pieces that provide context for dumb Americans and the politics-as-sport should be on hln. Fox and msnbc are op ed channels beyond saving and fbn and cnbc are what serial killers watch while they chop up bodies but cnn is just hollow enough that it could maybe be filled with something good

There, I think that void is sufficiently howled-into

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

wow, i had no idea that donald j trump was able to engage in the formal critique of minimalism on such an intellectually robust and rigorous level

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

aclu still a good litmus test of peoples opinions

People who did this bad thing couldn't be held accountable. Now they can. The government can't go "State Secrets!" and be immune, nor can the people that they hire. This is good for future cases.

:yeah: :)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

It's a tough call, for though he is the dumbest motherfucker of all time, that doesn't mean he isn't also incredibly racist.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Glorifying a monster responsible for the deaths of millions

Leave Truman out of it!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

ArmZ posted:

well his dad was a kkk

The sins of the father are not the sins of the son

unless that father's name is Frank Christ

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i saw trump barely touching a black woman once

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

granada never forgets

you got me as ((((i assume????)))) designed, two reads as "grandpa" lol

ok eclipse bag

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

trumps golden rule: don't let others do unto you what you've done to them

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Donald trump first mention in national news was for discrimination. The only reason he isnt in the kkk is they accept poors as members.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

He's been an open racist for decades now.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a.lo posted:

i saw trump barely touching a black woman once

hey DJ roll that poo poo back

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pathetic little tramp posted:

I once posted a very obvious fake tweet on Twitter because I thought people would instantly pick up on the point I was making.

I got inundated on both sides for the next 3 days by people screaming "FAKE NEWS!!!!!" so I try to make it obvious now.

dogggg

http://www.snopes.com/alexandria-shooter-james-hodgkinson-protested-with-sign-rand-paul-tweet/

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

jBrereton posted:

Yeah the ATF held the Branch Davidians hostage until they decided simply killing them all would be more expedient, before the eyes of the world.

they lit the compound on fire themselves I thought?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

it's a mystery all right :thunk:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The_Raven posted:

From the joint statement - "they were not responsible". Bullshit. gently caress them and gently caress the ACLU.
\

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The_Raven posted:

From the joint statement - "they were not responsible". Bullshit. gently caress them and gently caress the ACLU.

That's kind of what a settlement is. They don't admit to anything; they just give you a bunch of money and pretend that they're not actually monsters.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

repostin'

eta: imo the aclu is one of the few times where "oh yeah?? let's see YOU do a better [and more morally pure] job" is a valid response to criticism, but i'm hella biased because i wouldn't have rights if not for the aclu

if that's what it takes to get me to see that they're good :shrug:

juche avocado has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Aug 17, 2017

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

The sins of the father are not the sins of the son

unless that father's name is Frank Christ

lmao always forget his fathers middle name was Christ and his mother was Mary. His parents were some world class ghoulish motherfuckers

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

ArmZ posted:

well his dad was a kkk

Well yeah I mean like he's obviously racist a. f. But the lines about needing the statues to learn from history and we will lose their beauty are boiler plate whiye supremacist pablum but usually it's with the wink nudge inner narrative of keeping them to uphold the white state and values, and that requires at least some awareness and guile. So I guess is it feels like Trump would be too stupid to see through the laughable veneer of the arguments he's repeating and just thinks they are correct on their face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The_Raven posted:

ACLU continuing to honey pot morons

• Locked thread