Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

Pat runs through Sonic 1 while possibly having a long-lasting stroke or some other brain problem

Around late Labyrinth Zone he starts to break, and basically immediately into Scrap Brain Zone he has totally shattered as a person, eventually chuckling softly to himself as he runs right into death after death and having to savestate repeatedly to make progress. It's wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS7tgWrz-Z0&hd=1

I got in watching it live during Marble Zone Act 3. Yeah Pat broke. Pat just broke and it was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

What kind of fish have you tried? There's a kinda crazy variety. Tilapia, cod, salmon and tuna can all be incredible when prepared properly(no canned poo poo for starters), cod is the easiest with some simple bread crumb breading and lemon squeezed onto them, it's very tasty and pretty cheap. Try it sometime! If you have salmon make sure it's not farm raised, that stuff is bad and also has dyes that can make you sick. I'm literally allergic to the dyes they use in some farmed salmon and beef, which super sucks.

Stuff like swordfish and the like are a very different kettle of fish, literally. I can't stand swordfish, at the very least.

It's really just the texture. I've had tuna (not canned), anchovies, shark, tilapia, swordfish, salmon, flounder, catfish, cod, and for all of them something about the way the flesh flakes combined with the flavor puts me off. If it's mixed with something I don't mind it as much; sushi I can do, though I still prefer shellfish or vegetable sushi over fish. I think sushi/sashimi helps because it's more solid, too.

My fiancee's suggested I try smoked salmon, which I haven't yet, so we'll see how that works out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Salmon is the best fish.

Bar none.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Catfish actually

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

Salmon is the best fish.

Bar none.

Salmon is great and I wish I could eat salmon everyday.

I'm kinda the opposite of "eats seafood but not fish" since the only not-fish water thing I like are shrimps. Paella is a waste of good rice. :colbert:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
We have these tiny sardines here that we fry and eat whole, those are pretty good. Basically served like fries.
But no it's salmon.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rodyle posted:

Catfish actually

We're not talking about your love life, smoked salmon or bust :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I do like salmon!

Also walking dead is over so the dark age of LP is at last over, hopefully

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Grilled eel kicks rear end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
what the gently caress happened in that last twd episode

why are there horse samurai

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That's not even so much a blame the game thing, TWD in general got real dumb and also bad after a bit.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

That's not even so much a blame the game thing, TWD in general got real dumb and also bad after a bit.

Kirkman's whole premise for the TWD was "what if the zombie movie never ends?"

He probably forgot that maybe it's a good thing that there's an end point.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
TWD's overall message of "actually no you can't trust anybody better just kill any strangers you meet" makes it loving exhausting to engage with on any level

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Honestly if zambie stories actually ever just stayed about surviving hordes of mindless monsters, it'd probably be 100x better than everything about them now just being an excuse to play another "MAN IS THE REEEAL MONSTER" reel.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The real problem with a zombie invasion story is that

Well

Shaun of the Dead has it on lockdown.

We'd get that poo poo under control in fairly quick order. Things would never be the same, but society would march on

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
unless the zombies are magic or some L4D mutating super zombie thing

that'd be a problem

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, but the Walking Dead ones explicitly aren't.

Straight up old school Romero zombies are only a threat to society back in the era they were made. And the hilarious thing about that is, even Night of the Living Dead knew it.

By the end of the movie, society is running over the zombie invasion pretty handily and are making a game of the whole loving thing.

Notably we never see how it got worse in the following two films, just that it did, and in absurd ways too.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly if zambie stories actually ever just stayed about surviving hordes of mindless monsters, it'd probably be 100x better than everything about them now just being an excuse to play another "MAN IS THE REEEAL MONSTER" reel.

I'm also just burnt out on the whole hopelessness/no cure stuff. I'd like to see more settings where the apocalypse happened, but a solution was found before a point of no return so you're kind of that 'picking up the pieces" phase? Dead Rising I guess is an example - there's a treatment for and society sorta just marches on with zombies existing, But I haven't really looked into the games past 2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

what the gently caress happened in that last twd episode

why are there horse samurai

Who the gently caress at telltale stole my fourth grade stories?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Yardbomb posted:

I mean, if you do that, then zombie stories just become an uncomfortable metaphor for mowing down hordes of undesirables again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Like the types of zombies that appear in the walking dead and a few others things simply would not be a problem after a while. Seriously the entire thing should only last around a month or shorter depending on the season. Simply if it's a hot season or a hot place the zombo's would decay very fast. If it's cold then they will freeze to uselessness and if they are thawed will become mush.

If you go to a hot place or a cold place you should be completely safe in the walking dead honestly. Even if you don't all of them should decay to uselessness within a month. Eventually only stragglers would be left and easily put down.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like the types of zombies that appear in the walking dead and a few others things simply would not be a problem after a while. Seriously the entire thing should only last around a month or shorter depending on the season. Simply if it's a hot season or a hot place the zombo's would decay very fast. If it's cold then they will freeze to uselessness and if they are thawed will become mush.

If you go to a hot place or a cold place you should be completely safe in the walking dead honestly. Even if you don't all of them should decay to uselessness within a month. Eventually only stragglers would be left and easily put down.

Yeah, but if you let too much realism into your show then you can't have a show. I mean, the Walking Dead universe must loving reek to hell and back.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
The zombies in TWD are not a problem because all they do is just walk. Get enough distance from them and you're good. That's why there are teleporting zombies in the game and the show. I'm still shocked at how bad the series got. Characters act weird and nonsensical simply for manufactured drama. Then there's the thing where if someone's life is dependent on your choice, they will eventually die. It's was alright in Season 1, but then we see it again in Season 2 and now in Season 3. There is no catharsis regarding Joan. She's just this big shrug. At least in Season 2, Carver got the poo poo kicked out of him no matter what and it was up to you to see it or not. And where the gently caress is Christa? I was hoping she'd come back at some point, but I guess she's dead.

Now that I'm thinking about season 2, I would've rather had Christa vs. Kenny instead of Jane vs. Kenny.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The writers really gave Christa the shaft. In the game's timeline Clementine knew Lee for a little over 3 months before he died. She was with Christa for about 2 years before they got separated. You'd think Christa would have had a bigger impact on her life that what's depicted in the game.

I found it especially weird in the season 2 episode where Rebecca gave birth. Obviously Christa's pregnancy didn't end well and Clementine had to have been there when that happened. You'd think that would have come up at some point.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Season 2's plot where Kenny wants to raise a baby and protect Clem and is emotionally a mess feels like it was written for Christa at some point but then the writers just decided to bring back Kenny instead, but this time more crazy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maybe I missed it but fun thing about season 3 is that you can't get the good ending unless Clementine hates you. If you make her too fond of Javi you are FORCED to get the bad ending.

Basically if she dislikes you she'll decide to split away from Javi and choose the option you don't. Go with Kate? She goes after Gabe and David. Go after them? She goes with Kate. This leads her to saving Gabe while you keep Kate safe and vice versa. It's such a colossal dick move from the writers that you can't help but laugh.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nope nope nope not reading any of this Walking Dead Season 1 is self-contained lalalalala

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have never felt more like I'm seeing a different game from the people playing it than I have in this marc ecko getting up LP

e: holy poo poo this segment of woolie talking about his art teachers is intolerable

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 18, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God I didn't realize it until now but how the gently caress did David die "fighting to save" Gabe? Dude broke his skull open in a car crash and died in the seat.

Like he didn't even get out of the automobile. At absolute most he punched a zombie in the head with his bare hands while gabe got chomped and ran out of the truck to go sit by a building or... something. I don't get it, please explain how he fought.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

God I didn't realize it until now but how the gently caress did David die "fighting to save" Gabe? Dude broke his skull open in a car crash and died in the seat.

Like he didn't even get out of the automobile. At absolute most he punched a zombie in the head with his bare hands while gabe got chomped and ran out of the truck to go sit by a building or... something. I don't get it, please explain how he fought.

Telltale

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

theCalamity posted:

There is no catharsis regarding Joan. She's just this big shrug.

I mean with the other option she plain old gets blasted, that was on Pat for being a dummy and taking the giant rear end in a top hat groups deal.

Also the good ending in S3 is whatever gets rid of Gabe or Kate depending on who you hated more, optimally there'd be a way to get rid of both but alas.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 18, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Walking Dead Season 1 is also bad. It's just not a tire fire like the rest of the games the brand zombie themed media.

The only Telltale games worth player are Wolf Among Us and weirdly the Borderlands one.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 18, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So when are they going to ruin that by making poo poo sequels to them

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Burkion posted:

So when are they going to ruin that by making poo poo sequels to them

Well Wolf Among us already has a sequel in the works.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TWD 3 was...impressively bad. Like, well beyond Telltale's usual failings. None of the characters are that distinct - let's face it, would you even begin to care about Season 3's Clementine if she were named Charlotte or something? - motivations change with the wind, the plot is a Greatest Flops arrangement of all of TWD's most cynical and predictable subplots, the choices are even more transparently and cluelessly meaningless than most modern telltale games, and even the engine seems to be struggling not to dry heave.

I wasn't crazy about season 2, but at least there were elements of Clem and Kenny's story that were genuinely really compelling and interesting moral dilemmas. Nothing in Season 3 really justifies the season's existence. David's story comes the closest, but the strongest beats in his plot are the ones that have the most in common with Kenny's with regard to the whole "This is a fundamentally violent and maybe irredeemable person who you have a complicated relationship with" angle.

Most modern Telltale games just strike me as mediocre at worst, but TWD3 was simply bad start to finish. Fun LP though.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I liked the Sam and Max stuff. :(

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
What church Woolie was in that he couldn't eat pork?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Deleter posted:

I liked the Sam and Max stuff. :(

Looking forward to that and Ratchet and Clank

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I've never watched/played the TT walking dead stuff, part of me's wondering if I should just watch part 2 and 3 of the let's play and just pretend that part one never existed, so I won't be as disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Forgall posted:

What church Woolie was in that he couldn't eat pork?

Seventh Day Adventist is a quick one that comes to mind, mostly for personal reasons.

There may be other iterations or sects though, but that's the one big one in Christianity that follows more Judaism traits than the others.