Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I like how suddenly Australia is talking about us like we're North Korea or something

the hostile foreign power of New Zealand
It's not really that sudden when you consider they've been actively cutting our citizens off from benefits negotiated on the basis of reciprocation and putting them in concentration camps for the last couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

It's not really that sudden when you consider they've been actively cutting our citizens off from benefits negotiated on the basis of reciprocation and putting them in concentration camps for the last couple of years.

You could say they're giving you... The Doubt of the Benefits :D

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

the hostile foreign power of New Zealand

Are we still in a state of war with Israel?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Mate of mine quipped that NZ had a conspiracy to destroy Australia

Australian Govt beat us to it looooong before that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Somehow New Zealand is to blame for Australia's isolationist and xenophobic legislation banning dual citizens from office.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I just lol@australia and a little bit at Chris hip

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Kennedy Graham can still go gently caress himself. (He just made a pompous, self - aggrandizing farewell speech).

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Heh, go out blazing taking his party with him

[Not Colin Craig]

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Right-wing turning on Right-wing. It's like Stalin vs Hitler all over again!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/ColmarBruntonNZ/status/898062247871758337

drat son

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:drat:

How are the polls translating into seats?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Without considering electorates that's 49 seats for Labour, 58 for National and 13 for New Zealand First.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Landline only poll. Greens will be underrepresented

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

loving Christ we're headed for a repeat of 2005 aren't we?

Something tells me seeing the greens below 5% might scare some people back to them from Labour though.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Pollsters account for landlines, polls were pretty accurate last election, etc

My biggest question is: with TOP steady on gently caress all, will media stop trying to boost them?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

exmarx posted:

Pollsters account for landlines, polls were pretty accurate last election, etc

My biggest question is: with TOP steady on gently caress all, will media stop trying to boost them?

No because the media loves rich tools like Gareth Morgan

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Greens hosed up

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

If anything they will double down on Morgan.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The mass emails to the green members has increased

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

this sucks

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Why

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

That such a thing is needed in the first place.

A lot of my superiors buy from that place regularly, but they also have kids and may have come from a rough background themselves.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://twitter.com/drivethrupod/status/898098338888785920

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I love using child poverty to sell my product

vv maybe I'm just cynical but it seems like pretty transparent marketing to me, maybe their heart is in the right place :shrug:

particularly "oh we'll know which MPs are doing something about child poverty by which ones buy our product" :fuckoff:

The Schwa fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Aug 17, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Having some of the proceeds going to a good cause is a good thing - Ideally it'd be as tax rather than as a business model, but lol getting any kind of empathy from the govt.

Or would you rather they didn't bother?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's a cynical marketing gimmick that amounts to the slacktivist version of corporate social responsibility.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
It explicitly says that private charity is a better answer to hungry children than actually changing the system that makes them hungry

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

They could not look more bored

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

bike tory posted:

It's a cynical marketing gimmick that amounts to the slacktivist version of corporate social responsibility.
I'll admit, it's despicable.

Because I keep missing opportunities to use my cynicism to make money from the dross. Seriously, this is humiliating that other people are better at it than me.

exmarx posted:

It explicitly says that private charity is a better answer to hungry children than actually changing the system that makes them hungry
And it'd take what to fix the loving system? 10 years? 30? That's a lot of empty lunches.

e: Actually, this line's a little too far. D&D brings out the worst in me.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I will literally die from schadenfreude if moronic greens voters deserting the party to Labour or TOP due to personality politics results another Nat government because 5-10% of the 'left-wing' vote goes to parties that fail to meet the threshold.

Where are all the people who kept talking about how policy is more important than personality last election?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I will literally die from schadenfreude if moronic greens voters deserting the party to Labour or TOP due to personality politics results another Nat government because 5-10% of the 'left-wing' vote goes to parties that fail to meet the threshold.

Where are all the people who kept talking about how policy is more important than personality last election?

TOP have been "2% (unchanged)" for the last month, despite all the upheaval.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
This seems much more likely, and would be a loving disaster:
https://twitter.com/norightturnnz/status/898065533714681856

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

exmarx posted:

This electorate (in general) doesn't deserve elections.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

exmarx posted:

did something happen?

vv oh gotcha

The Schwa fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 17, 2017

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

The Schwa posted:

did something happen?

Greens: 4%

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Metiria leaving is good the party, guys! She's toxic now! :v:

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Eatmylunch lunches are real good though, and they feed a lot of kids. I am not 100% sure I see a problem - but why not be a charity?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

You can simultaneously be pleased with an organisation like them while being disappointed that they have to exist in the first place, it's okay.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

It is sort of cashing in on a real lovely social situation

Capitalism at its finest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I mean, I'd rather capitalism be doing that thing than the thing where they just keep all the money and keep loving over the poor.

It is hardly ideal that it had to be done this way but I'm not gonna be mad about poor kids getting to eat.

• Locked thread