Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Might be time to dust Cecil off for this Trial. WoL is doing nearly nothing given how a lot of the damage ignores his AoE Cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

AegisP posted:

Might be time to dust Cecil off for this Trial. WoL is doing nearly nothing given how a lot of the damage ignores his AoE Cover.

Now for the next Global exclusive trial of the Magus Sisters we present you... THE MAGUS KILLERS BANNER!
FEATURING:
*hits up summon simulator*

Mercenary Ramza
Beach Time Fina
Zyrus
Golbez
Faris

e: me spelz gud

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 17, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Please look forward to a global exclusive raid that only allows 4* or lower units in to it and the banner featuring Bedile, Shadow, and Sabin.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Do any of the +atk on low health passives stack?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My understanding is that those passives give a buff when triggered and the effect from buffs don't stack. So if you have Ulrica's Resuscitate (+60% to all stats, activates when HP < 50%) and Adam's Vengeful Wrath (+110% ATK when HP<30% for 3 turns) and get hit to sub-30% HP you activate both buffs. Since they don't stack you get +110% ATK and +60% to all stats, and after 3 turns the +110% ATK fades so the character just gets +60% ATK from Resuscitate's buff.

I have no idea if Vengeful Wrath refreshes its duration if said character remains at sub-30% after a turn or if it is only applied on the turn HP went >30% to <30%.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KataraniSword posted:

Be careful you don't do what I did and blow all your money on items to help with explorations, then it turns out you can't do the explorations because they're loving expensive :shepicide:

the "why would i ever run this" gil snapper weekend event gave me roughly three million gil last time it showed up, looks like that's what i will burn all of my energy on every time it starts now. up above 4 mil again after finishing luneth enhancements at least

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

the "why would i ever run this" gil snapper weekend event gave me roughly three million gil last time it showed up, looks like that's what i will burn all of my energy on every time it starts now. up above 4 mil again after finishing luneth enhancements at least

Yeah, figured the same thing.

Saw this on Hated Facebook, where I use my own name and don't make friends for mobile games:

"Not 100% sure but it looks like 2 units equiped with Rikku's Pouches that both can Hide. The Hide unit comes back and Panacea to remove Petrify, everyone attacks, 2nd unit Hides, Sezter AoE Petrifies the party and repeat.

For those who don't know, you can target your party by holding down on a party member and select Target."

Holy poo poo. I only have one Pouch at the moment, can't anyone verify if this works?

Here's a video of it in JP:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGsrFqfLrg&t=272s

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 17, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Are these good Esper Builds?

Siren
Ifrit
Golem
Shiva
Ramuh
Diablos
Carbuncle
Odin
Titan
Lakshmi

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So ELT Malboro is on a whole nother level beyond Aigaion. I'll leave my super pimp Marie up for anybody who wants a serious attempt, but I myself plan to wait for some good solid strategies to come out later.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

"Not 100% sure but it looks like 2 units equiped with Rikku's Pouches that both can Hide. The Hide unit comes back and Panacea to remove Petrify, everyone attacks, 2nd unit Hides, Sezter AoE Petrifies the party and repeat.

That is hilarious and brilliant!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

So ELT Malboro is on a whole nother level beyond Aigaion. I'll leave my super pimp Marie up for anybody who wants a serious attempt, but I myself plan to wait for some good solid strategies to come out later.

I'm gonna give it a shot after work so thank you! I'll probably try 2xTT + FV or something, similar to the guy that cleared with 2xAshe + FV.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

I have no idea if Vengeful Wrath refreshes its duration if said character remains at sub-30% after a turn or if it is only applied on the turn HP went >30% to <30%.

I tested this using self-graviga in Earth Shrine, and after 3 turns of sitting at 25% HP the buff expired.
Also, taking 1 HP damage at 25% HP while the buff was active did not extend the duration, and taking 1 HP damage while sitting at 25% HP after the buff expired did not reactivate the buff.

Based on this it's probably the act of crossing the HP threshold that activates the buff.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

For those who don't know, you can target your party by holding down on a party member and select Target."

Holy poo poo. I only have one Pouch at the moment, can't anyone verify if this works?

Shadow has a use! Holy poo poo, Shadow might actually be good for something. I need to tm 1 rikku and could do this if it actually works

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

My first rainbow pull is finally good! Two slots open, but I can free up some additional ones if needed.

With his self buff going

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 18, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Siren: Attack Song is the main thing here so you can stick it on a bonus unit for King Mog events and Dispel is always good to have.

Ifrit: Got Plant and Beast killer. Checks out.

Golem: I don't think Cover is a good pickup. When you actually want Stone Killer (FF14 Titan raid event only so far) you don't want the cover chance to make your DPS do something stupid. Plus tanks have better things now with AoE cover.
Shiva: She doesn't have anything really standout so w/e mostly works here. Imperil is good for a bonus unit to have and throw out for King Mog events (although with more units getting their own imperil attack it isn't as valuable).

Ramuh: That's good, you got Osmose, Dispel, and Imperil. DeShell isn't needed since Ramuh is the caster Esper and if you're casting somebody else should be debuffing SPR than whoever has Ramuh. If anything I'd probably drop the ATK to pick up Blindna in a just-in-case event, like a TM team got blinded and now they can't do poo poo or something but I certainly wouldn't waste a board reset on it.

Diabolos: Mug is totally trash, checks out.

Carbuncle: Since Diabolos also gives DeProtect and DeShell getting his good stuff anyways this looks like a good build for Carby.

Odin: Yeah, got all the good stuff. Bladeblitz for AoE, Dragon and Undead Killer, Fingersnap for dispel, and Lance for stealing MP.

Titan: Titan's like Shiva and you skipped the troll branch (Store and Power Break? :yikes: )

Lakshmi: Her AoE status resistances are the big things here again and you got 'em. Demonic Whisper is really weak but there isn't anything else to do with it. I like how she ends up with 5890 SPR w/ all the SPR squares too, thanks gumi!

So it looks good except Golem's Cover passive. If Stone Killer ever comes up again I'd reset my Golem board since I took Cover on mine but that's about it.

PDQ Law posted:

I tested this using self-graviga in Earth Shrine, and after 3 turns of sitting at 25% HP the buff expired.
Also, taking 1 HP damage at 25% HP while the buff was active did not extend the duration, and taking 1 HP damage while sitting at 25% HP after the buff expired did not reactivate the buff.

Based on this it's probably the act of crossing the HP threshold that activates the buff.

Good to know, thanks! :)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Yeah, figured the same thing.

Saw this on Hated Facebook, where I use my own name and don't make friends for mobile games:

:stare:

I wonder if/how Gumi will patch this. Hopefully not via some hatchet job like "petrified units can't act the turn they're restored" or something equally terrible.

e: Looks like their damage dealer is the 5* Sakura unit, with 999MAG, dualcasting this ability:
300% ST 1 Hit Thunder Magic Attack + 150% Each Use (Max: 9)

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 18, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I would have liked to see this raid event offer more quantity of pots instead of x1.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
add me for enhanced soleil dances

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

:stare:

I wonder if/how Gumi will patch this. Hopefully not via some hatchet job like "petrified units can't act the turn they're restored" or something equally terrible.

Diminishing returns on player units. You can get away with it every so often, but eventually you're just immune.

I can only imagine the bullshit you can pull off in arena with this setup.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
the nier raid is around for another week right?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Can people add me so I can leech off their good characters?

705 128 721

(or friends too, whatever).

EDIT: Thank you everyone!

TheGreatEvilKing fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 18, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If I've finished the Colosseum and ground out enough mats for the Blood Sword is there any reason to keep doing it after that aside from the occasion 3x Colosseum daily?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BGrifter posted:

If I've finished the Colosseum and ground out enough mats for the Blood Sword is there any reason to keep doing it after that aside from the occasion 3x Colosseum daily?

Nope, just crank out the daily quest when it pops. I recommend the first level of S rank advanced, you get a mega ether for each boss kill.

There achievements to get if your insane and care about getting the whale ring recipe.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BGrifter posted:

Achievement trophies.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Right, you want to unlock those ring recipes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ahh yeah I forgot about the achievements. Welp.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a free mega ether every couple of days isnt bad, you can pickpocket from colosseum monsters to get some drops, and you do get 500 lapis for the silver trophies involved with it iirc

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

rabidsquid posted:

You and me both, buddy. Before Gil Snapper popped up, I was down to less than 500k Gil and was about to ask for tips on how to recover. Now I've got 5+ million, more than I've ever had. I'm not worried about gil any more.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

werdnam posted:

You and me both, buddy. Before Gil Snapper popped up, I was down to less than 500k Gil and was about to ask for tips on how to recover. Now I've got 5+ million, more than I've ever had. I'm not worried about gil any more.

you should still keep an eye on it, just luneth enhancements and running expeditions dropped me from 6.5 to 1.5 leading for the need to gil snappers cave in the first place. a lot of good enhancements run 1 mil per skill

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

rabidsquid posted:

you should still keep an eye on it, just luneth enhancements and running expeditions dropped me from 6.5 to 1.5 leading for the need to gil snappers cave in the first place. a lot of good enhancements run 1 mil per skill

I guess my point was, even with the occasional 1mil enhancement, Gil Snapper should come around frequently enough to replenish as needed.

Edited to add: I half believe that the main point of expeditions was to introduce a gil sink into the game.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I can't remember which one of you has a 1000 ATK, 4800 HP, fully enhanced, status immune Randi on Diabolos up, but he nearly singlehandedly killed thr PRO Trial for me, so uh, thanks. That triple slash aoe attack of his does an obscene amount of damage. With Tidus helping out by Chaos Grenading, I was killing the little marlboros every single turn.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

I can't remember which one of you has a 1000 ATK, 4800 HP, fully enhanced, status immune Randi on Diabolos up, but he nearly singlehandedly killed thr PRO Trial for me, so uh, thanks. That triple slash aoe attack of his does an obscene amount of damage. With Tidus helping out by Chaos Grenading, I was killing the little marlboros every single turn.

Oh. That's how you do it. I was wondering about how to AoE that thing.

Think it'll work on ELT? I'm trying to scrounge up the crysts for Randi. It's the T1/T2/T3 ones, really.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Randi might be a piece of the puzzle in having enough AOE damage to kill things in ELT, but no, I don't think it's possible yet. It's still a matter of sheer survival that no one's figured out yet.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I just thought of something. Is this the first time we're getting Cactuar Dunes without a King Mog event running at the same time?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

SquirrelGrip posted:

the nier raid is around for another week right?
Yeah, which is good because even though I've finished the rewards, I still only have 75% of A2's TMR somehow.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Wow. Randi needs a lot of support crysts. I'm probably not gonna be able to fully upgrade him till the next story event... I spent my energy TM grinding instead this time around.

I know for next time, I guess, and what crysts I need to target. There won't be enough in a King Mog event unless they really up the number of T4 crysts.

The T4 bottleneck is real.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Voodoo posted:

Yeah, which is good because even though I've finished the rewards, I still only have 75% of A2's TMR somehow.

ok cool. if i dont pull a 2b what do i do with the 15 mogs i have for her tm?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
hold onto them for a year or more

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Nier seems to still be the half pull banner. At least that's what it displayed for me. Wonder why Malboro Killers even exisits...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It is, they've either taken pity on us or somebody forgot to flip the switch. The took the game down for five minutes early this morning to hot patch something. Maybe they corrected it for tomorrow.

Also, do your dailys today and you get a summon ticket. :toot:

• Locked thread