Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timma85
Feb 13, 2006

This isn't mine and I forgot to grab the posters user name but it's a good LOL about Trump's tweet.

someone from the GBS LOL Trump thread posted:

if the pork thing really worked the saudis wouldn't have responded nearly so well when we sent a disgusting swine over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Hey, remember when this guy was the President?

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/898261944095789056

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Whereas our current guy is just repeating internet tropes about Muslims and pigs blood :smithicide:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/897946320949854209

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

You know, Obama has got to be feeling pretty good about himself these days. He spent eight years getting poo poo on by half the country, probably wondering if his presidency would go down as a failure. But now all he has to do is relax, tweet out some positive platitudes, and watch nostalgia turn him into a superhero.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
he is trying to get into the noble class

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm kinda happy I'm not raising kids in this shitstorm.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A friend works for the a school district and last year they linked presidential tweets but this year they are explicitly blocking them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Remember when people got mad at Obama because he wore a khaki suit

edit:

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/898260928000442368

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 17, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
holy poo poo tarring and feathering is back

https://twitter.com/FOX10Phoenix/status/898262302788526080

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Make this Gip background image please

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/LABlair1492/status/897841454088933376

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
See that is what I'm talking about.

We can definitely do something with the statues to repurpose the message about them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Russia dropped the Daily Stormer's .ru domain :laugh:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/898308906518142976

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

uhh what happened

I figured those guys got removed a while ago, not counting the medevaced CO

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

uhh what happened

I'm guessing the investigation just wrapped up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

uhh what happened

it's the ship that ran into another ship.

it was like 10 years ago in trump time.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

uhh what happened

NYT has the incident report.

Top Two Officers on Navy Ship in Deadly Collision Off Japan to Be Relieved of Duties
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/world/asia/fitzgerald-collision-investigation.html

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

E: nvm

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 18, 2017

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

hobbesmaster posted:

NYT has the incident report.

Top Two Officers on Navy Ship in Deadly Collision Off Japan to Be Relieved of Duties
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/world/asia/fitzgerald-collision-investigation.html

Does this include the Cmdr who was asleep at the time or just the officers on duty? I don't get it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Didn't read the report but I wouldn't be surprised if he was removed for growing an environment that lead to the shitbag officer on watch being derelict at his duty.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Spectator has a really dynamite article about PISS TAPE
It's behind a paywall so some D&D nerd was kind enough to copy it

quote:

Forget Charlottesville – Russia is still the true Trump scandal
Why has a friendly tabloid exposed a sex scandal in the President’s ranks?

The National Enquirer presented Trump watchers with a mystery last week. Why did it print an attack on Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort? A headline screamed: ‘Trump advisor sex scandal — Paul Manafort’s sick affair.’ A 68-year-old man’s alleged dalliance with a ‘hottie half his age’ might seem a trivial subject to discuss as the US convulses over the issue of race once again, this time after a white supremacist killed a woman protester in Charlottesville, Virginia. President Trump has electrified supporters and opponents alike by siding with those who want to keep the town’s statue of the Confederate general, Robert E. Lee.

And sex, politics and celebrity are the Enquirer’s usual stock-in-trade. Recent ‘bombshell world exclusives’ include ‘Supreme court justice Scalia — murdered by a hooker’ (she was ‘hired by the CIA to inject poison into his buttocks’) and ‘Clinton sex romp caught on video!’about Bill being filmed ‘having steamy sex in a pickup truck with a department store clerk’.

But the Enquirer is a Trump ally, owned by a rich friend. It was one of the few national publications to predict his victory in last year’s presidential election. Why now a hit piece on the one man he must surely need to keep onside in the Russia investigation? One answer: Manafort has been ‘flipped’.

Reports in US publications say it was Manafort who told the FBI about a meeting between Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr, and a Russian lawyer linked to the Kremlin. That would be terrible news for the President if true: the FBI’s investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia now being assisted by the manager of that campaign.

Manafort’s spokesman denies it, and the evidence as to whether he is trying to save his own skin at Trump’s expense remains ambiguous. The FBI carried out a dawn raid at Manafort’s home in Virginia last week; why was that necessary if he is a cooperating witness? Perhaps he has given up some information, but not all. The Enquirer story could be interpreted as a dead fish left on his doorstep (the traditional Sicilian warning that things could get very bad if you sing).

‘If’, ‘could’, ‘perhaps’, ‘reports’, ‘alleged’ — most stories about the US President and Russia are nailed together with such words. The specifics of the ‘collusion’ allegation are claims that the Trump campaign told Russian intelligence which Democrats to hack, and then worked together with them to make sure that WikiLeaks, Fox, Breitbart and Russia Today all left the resulting dirty laundry flapping in the wind. In fairness to President Trump, it must be pointed out that so far no evidence has emerged to prove such a treasonous conspiracy. The few things we do know are open to wildly different interpretations.

Take Donald Jr’s meeting with the Russian lawyer. He admits its purpose was to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government. This undid months of denials during which the White House often sounded like a shocked and offended maiden aunt accused of debauchery with the pool boy. (‘Trump denies sick affair with barechested Russian stud!) Other details of the meeting seem to help the White House. A jaunty, vulgar British PR man named Rob Goldstone was the unlikely intermediary. You might think that his help would hardly have been needed if there really were a backchannel to the Kremlin in June last year. On the other hand, such baroque arrangements might be the kind of thing that intelligence services go in for. For years, the intermediary between MI6 and the IRA was the owner of a Londonderry chip shop, Brendan Duddy.

It is the same with the intercepts of Trump’s people talking to the Russians, the subject of so much feverish speculation in Washington. There is no single conversation revealing a grand conspiracy — at least according to two members of the ‘intelligence community’ who have seen the top-secret material. However, a third source told me: ‘There is a conspiracy in the SIGINT [signals intelligence] — just not in one or two intercepts. Hence no literal “smoking gun”. But cumulatively…’ This SIGINT is mostly said to be what is termed ‘reflections’; that is others talking about the relationship between Team Trump and Moscow. Some of the calls are said to involve senior Kremlin officials: ‘By itself, not enough for indictments but a disturbing picture.’ Other sources have told me there have still been a suspiciously large number of direct contacts between Trump’s people and various Russians: ‘Dozens.’

A vague outline of the truth is starting to emerge from the fog. It is that the Russians made continual attempts to get close to Trump and his associates, part of what the US intelligence agencies all agree was a Kremlin plot to subvert the election. Trump’s supporters believe that any such approaches never went anywhere (as Jr says happened with his meeting) or that the tough New York property developer from The Apprentice was playing the Russians without being played himself. Trump’s enemies, believing him to be a man with no moral compass, imagine he was only too eager to take whatever was being offered: information; weird sex in a Moscow hotel room; money, lots of it, for his businesses.

This is why it is so important that the FBI investigation, led by a special counsel, Robert Mueller, now appears to be reaching back into Trump’s business past. Mueller’s team of prosecutors includes a number of experts in money-laundering and New York real estate. The US media is speculating that he is trying to build an old-fashioned wire fraud, tax evasion and racketeering case against Trump. This is a neuralgic issue for the President. In a New York Times interview he agreed that any investigation of his finances was a ‘red line’ Mueller should not cross. ‘I would say yeah. I would say yes. By the way, I would say, I don’t — I don’t — I mean, it’s possible there’s a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows?’ Trump’s most recent partner in ‘selling a lot of condos’ was a man called Felix Sater. Sater was once jailed for stabbing a man in the face with the broken stem of a martini glass. He was convicted of a massive stock fraud — a partnership between the Russian and Italian-American mafias — but stayed out of jail by becoming an FBI informant.

For several weeks there have been rumours that Sater is ready to rat again, agreeing to help Mueller. ‘He has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison,’ someone talking to Mueller’s investigators informed me. Sater himself added fuel to this fire when he told New York magazine last week: ‘In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about. Unfortunately, I can’t talk about it now, before it happens. And believe me, it ain’t anything as small as whether or not they’re gonna call me to the Senate committee.’

Sater and Manafort together would pose a deadly threat to Trump’s presidency if they testify that Russian money in his businesses led to information being exchanged with Russian intelligence. This is exactly the relationship — an ‘exchange running between them for at least eight years’ — that the former MI6 officer Christopher Steele described in his ‘dossier’. At a news conference this week at his New Jersey golf club, the President bizarrely asserted that the Steele dossier had been paid for by Russia in order to damage him. This is the latest twist in Trump’s response to the dossier, which began with flat denials in January that he had been filmed by Russian intelligence with prostitutes in a Moscow hotel room.

That remains unproven. Nevertheless, Steele is not the only source. I heard of Russian kompromat — compromising material — on Trump from two sources months before the Steele dossier came to light. That might be evidence for Trump’s statement that Russian intelligence, as well as the US agencies, are out to get him. There are, though, reports of witnesses in the hotel who corroborate Steele’s reporting. These include an American who’s said to have seen a row with hotel security over whether the (alleged) hookers would be allowed up to Trump’s suite. The dossier’s account of hookers in a Moscow hotel room was the subject of gossip among a select group of journalists, politicians, and intelligence people for months before it was published. Now, claims are circulating of more tapes showing even more extreme behaviour. Expect these allegations to emerge in due course.

Some Republicans in Congress are tiring of the Trump reality show, a mix of The Sopranos and the Kardashians. The Mueller inquiry plods along relentlessly but prosecuting a president is a political decision. Reckless as ever, the President has tweeted criticism of the Senate’s Republican leader, Mitch McConnell, whose help he will need if Mueller finds anything damning. The President’s ordinary supporters don’t care. They fear that they are losing their country — this was an election above all about race; all else is trivia to them, an Enquirer headline.

Even if all the allegations are shown to be true, Trump will simply emerge as the person they supposed him to be when they voted for him.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Canemacar posted:

You know, Obama has got to be feeling pretty good about himself these days. He spent eight years getting poo poo on by half the country, probably wondering if his presidency would go down as a failure. But now all he has to do is relax, tweet out some positive platitudes, and watch nostalgia turn him into a superhero.

I don't think he ever wondered that at all, the guy is smarter than hell. Hell, I'm sure he has to count to 100 every time he turns on the news, just sort of shakes his head like some O.T. prophet

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nystral posted:

Does this include the Cmdr who was asleep at the time or just the officers on duty? I don't get it.

The report in the article is just the events that happened after the collision. There's also a timeline with a couple amazing tidbits in there including:

Approx 0130 Collision with the ACX CRYSTAL on the starboard side. Berthing 2 is flooded within 30-60 seconds.
0132 FTZ sounds collision alarm for two seconds.
0200 FTZ makes initial report of collision at sea to CDS 15 via personal cell phone at approximately 0220.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Deathy McDeath posted:

Spectator has a really dynamite article about
:words:

Piss tape is one thing. I would completely believe that Trump had sex with under age girls, and that's what the tapes are.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

Piss tape is one thing. I would completely believe that Trump had sex with under age girls, and that's what the tapes are.

I would completely believe trump had sex with ivanka when she was under age.

Guess what: he would still bottom out at low 30s/high 20s approval.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nystral posted:

Yes. When a ship is hazarded, the CO is the first to go, no matter what, because when he assumes command of the ship, he is ultimately responsible for the lives of all the Sailors on board, as well as the ship itself. If a grounding or collision or avoidable incident happens, it's always assumed to be a training deficiency, which could have been prevented had the CO ensured that the people in charge of training the crew were doing their jobs, or at least that's Big Navy's view on it.

Training in 7th Fleet is a bit poo poo, mostly because of the absolutely unsustainable OPTEMPO that the crews out there maintain. The crews and ships are on deployment or underway 300+ days per year, with little or no dwell time and little actual training time. The only time that 7th fleet ships are in port for an appreciable time is when they are in a yard period.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I would completely believe trump had sex with ivanka when she was under age.

Guess what: he would still bottom out at low 30s/high 20s approval.

Rick Wilson talked about the polls and the way they work that the lowest floor possible for any president was in the low 20s. Like. No matter what they do, any president will always have 1/5th of the country's support.

He also went on to explain that the over all poll is less important than the party poll. Which still has Trump north of 75%. Once that starts to free fall, then a President becomes a liability and needs to be jettisoned.

Which means unless House and Senate republicans suddenly grow a moral compass, even a tape of him loving his under age daughter won't matter. Because he isn't going below 75% regardless of what he does.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

Yes. When a ship is hazarded, the CO is the first to go, no matter what, because when he assumes command of the ship, he is ultimately responsible for the lives of all the Sailors on board, as well as the ship itself. If a grounding or collision or avoidable incident happens, it's always assumed to be a training deficiency, which could have been prevented had the CO ensured that the people in charge of training the crew were doing their jobs, or at least that's Big Navy's view on it.

Training in 7th Fleet is a bit poo poo, mostly because of the absolutely unsustainable OPTEMPO that the crews out there maintain. The crews and ships are on deployment or underway 300+ days per year, with little or no dwell time and little actual training time. The only time that 7th fleet ships are in port for an appreciable time is when they are in a yard period.

I'm sure FrozenVent can weigh in better than me, but I don't believe there to be such a thing as an unavoidable collision/grounding - ie someone is ALWAYS at fault.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I highly doubt that a tape of Trump sleeping with an under age girl wouldn't immediately result in his removal like the next day.

Then again I thought the same about open support of nazis and here we are.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Two Finger posted:

I'm sure FrozenVent can weigh in better than me, but I don't believe there to be such a thing as an unavoidable collision/grounding - ie someone is ALWAYS at fault.

Since I don't know anyone from NZ, you're going to get all the blame for this.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ahhhh. So Jim Jeffries WAS on to something.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Wasabi the J posted:

Also I don't want there to be a piss tape because I don't think it's okay to be a liberal that then judges which are bad and good fetishes.

This guy gets it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

*Evangelicals are shown a tape where Donnie rapes, pees, and poops on an 8 year old white girl.

"PRAIZE JEEBUS!!1 HE'S A PROPHET SENT BY GOD JUST LIKE CYRUS!! HALLELUJAH!!"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Two Finger posted:

Pretty much. It isn't hard to avoid another ship in open ocean.

Basically and the report doesn't go into what caused the wreck. That's the deets i want to see.

A goon helped save that ship and BZ to her.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Casimir Radon posted:

*Evangelicals are shown a tape where Donnie rapes, pees, and poops on an 8 year old white girl.

"PRAIZE JEEBUS!!1 HE'S A PROPHET SENT BY GOD JUST LIKE CYRUS!! HALLELUJAH!!"

Nope.

They will disown him. And history will forget that he was a loving maniac arsonist from the start.

A grainy video of a 70 year old man beating off in a puddle of underage Russian piss isn't going to solve our problems, unfortunately.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They should have disowned him a year ago at the latest. A year ago Donnie had just disparaged a gold star family.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

hobbesmaster posted:

The report in the article is just the events that happened after the collision. There's also a timeline with a couple amazing tidbits in there including:

Approx 0130 Collision with the ACX CRYSTAL on the starboard side. Berthing 2 is flooded within 30-60 seconds.
0132 FTZ sounds collision alarm for two seconds.
0200 FTZ makes initial report of collision at sea to CDS 15 via personal cell phone at approximately 0220.

gently caress

from the article posted:

The freighter crashed directly into the stateroom of the ship’s captain, Cmdr. Bryce Benson, ripping open a huge hole and trapping him inside. Five sailors with a sledgehammer and kettlebell broke down the door to his cabin to rescue Commander Benson, who was hanging from the side of the ship.

gently caress

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Genocide Tendency posted:

Rick Wilson talked about the polls and the way they work that the lowest floor possible for any president was in the low 20s. Like. No matter what they do, any president will always have 1/5th of the country's support.

He also went on to explain that the over all poll is less important than the party poll. Which still has Trump north of 75%. Once that starts to free fall, then a President becomes a liability and needs to be jettisoned.

Which means unless House and Senate republicans suddenly grow a moral compass, even a tape of him loving his under age daughter won't matter. Because he isn't going below 75% regardless of what he does.

Though to be clear, 75% is still pretty piss poor for a party poll.

• Locked thread