Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Twist And Pout! posted:

Raiz started getting bad hand cramps a few days ago but still kept playing. What the hell.

which part is surprising to you? the fact that he started getting hand cramps after that many 18 hour sessions or that he kept playing with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can get surgery for carpel tunnel later.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

enraged_camel posted:

Are "super tanky" builds viable?

Basically I want to make a character that does very little damage, but is virtually invincible even while just standing there not attacking.

Second question: are "thorns" builds a thing in this game? Anything to punish mobs for damaging you?

you could do righteous fire or max block glad, both are extremely tanky. RF burns you for a certain percentage of your hp per second, then scales its damage by how much it burns, so you essentially get free damage for scaling your hp super high. max block glad gets to straight up negate approx 78% of all damage

theoretically you could do a thorns build with like, riposte and reflects damage but i think it would be insanely rear end in every single way

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Goa Tse-tung posted:

my man ED is a single target spell that spreads to others via contagion, you absolutely have to play it that way if you want to crush red maps

that means yes you cast two spells per pack, but the reward is indeed the crushing of red maps and with a lot of investment even shaper and uber atziri

Wait, contagion spreads ED damage??? This changes everything...

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

Any tips for my Cyclone Juggernaut? I'm not as tanky as I wanna be and I'm not sure what I'd want out of a weapon upgrade short of a GG rare or a Disfavour. Am I doing Cyclone right?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yep. It'd ED's main AOE mechanic. When something with Contagion dies, you get a Contagion circle that spreads Contagion and ED from that mob to all other mobs in the circle. If those mobs die, they have Contagion so they will also spread Contagion + ED.

The caveat is that the duration of Contagion and ED will not reset when Contagion spreads, so if there is 1 second left when it spreads, you get 1 second of dots.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Essence Drain's description posted:

Fires a projectile that applies a damage over time debuff when it hits. You are healed for a portion of the debuff damage. The debuff is spread by Contagion.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Is the server dead? I'm getting "can't connect to login server".

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Is the server dead? I'm getting "can't connect to login server".

deploying new patch, down for ~15minutes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

patch time

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It's not always clear to newer players or normal human beings who don't fulltime sperg on this game that "the debuff" in that context means "ED's ~sicknasty~ dot dps", you'd be surprised how often I see that question

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am going to spend $60 on a purple fire tiger

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How big is patch ?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm going to try a doomfletch deadeye tshot mines, I know there's a goon trying it right now. Sounds bonkers.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is a question, are people still avoiding any regular red maps and just doing shaped T10-15's?

Or did they do anything to change that strategy with 3.0?

nerox
May 20, 2001

euphronius posted:

How big is patch ?

Steam was 500 megs-ish

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Work day's drawing to a close and I still can't decide what kind of 2H melee character to roll up tonight. Berserker or Slayer, Cyclone or other, Dirge or other.

(ed: also was I the only one who got sarcasm from Salvor_Hardin's reply?)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is a question, are people still avoiding any regular red maps and just doing shaped T10-15's?

i think they have said they are planning changes to the atlas for next league but this league is still the same

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Time to see just how rippy the new Harbingers are going to be.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You can still do that shaping strategy if you want, but they messed around with the enemy density on some maps. Strand has a lot fewer packs in it for example. I don't know if there is a consensus replacement for strand yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

Work day's drawing to a close and I still can't decide what kind of 2H melee character to roll up tonight. Berserker or Slayer, Cyclone or other, Dirge or other.
i played a ngamahu cyclone slayer in breach and it was very fun and strong relative to investment (basically get to red maps for free). xophs hearts were cheap back then though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Avatar of fire is not far away to replace the amulet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah iirc it was like 3 points. you do get some other good stuff from the ammy though.

J
Jun 10, 2001

euphronius posted:

How big is patch ?

Standalone client just downloaded 361MB.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yep. It'd ED's main AOE mechanic. When something with Contagion dies, you get a Contagion circle that spreads Contagion and ED from that mob to all other mobs in the circle. If those mobs die, they have Contagion so they will also spread Contagion + ED.

The caveat is that the duration of Contagion and ED will not reset when Contagion spreads, so if there is 1 second left when it spreads, you get 1 second of dots.

I followed some dumbshit guide that had me using just ED including GMP and picking up the projectiles piercing wheel. Goddamnit.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

I think the cover enemies in ash thing is pretty big and not available anywhere else.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

J posted:

Standalone client just downloaded 361MB.

Good I can do that on my phone

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Awesome! posted:

i am going to spend $60 on a purple fire tiger
stay calm everyone. the tiger is blue not purple

we will get through this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Awesome! posted:

i played a ngamahu cyclone slayer in breach and it was very fun and strong relative to investment (basically get to red maps for free). xophs hearts were cheap back then though.

I played one of those too, actually--it's just that I went all in on the meatballs so hard (to the point of buying a Dying Sun) that when the meatballs weren't proccing or otherwise working my single target damage against e.g. Guardians was loving pathetic. Which is part of what's making me waffle, along with the control changes to Cyclone itself.

(e) Not to mention that character was rather easy for enemy clumps or bosses to 100-0, but I don't remember what my life total was at the time. Had a Belly of the Beast though so it couldn't have been too low.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh man am I glad I picked up a Starforge 10h ago, they shot up in price by like 80c.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Those new supporter packs sure are... umm... supporter packs.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

euphronius posted:

Do this regardless so you can wear the real best amulet

Biscos

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Awesome! posted:

which part is surprising to you? the fact that he started getting hand cramps after that many 18 hour sessions or that he kept playing with it

That he kept playing with it. I guess he got some decent donations towards the end there.

But then I see a youtube video titled "Can A Human Trick Their Mind into Eating 10 Cacti??" and remember that there doesn't have to be a reason for anything in this world.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

LordNat posted:

Those new supporter packs sure are... umm... supporter packs.

The armor set is cool but I think they went a liiiiittle over board with the blue fire effect

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can someone judge my POB for a deadeye tshot mines char?

https://pastebin.com/M1Nuq1aZ

172% life but I can drop a jewel socket to hit 180. Prism with 2 wardens brand since the attack speed reduction doesnt matter. Maybe a Kaom's eventually, otherwise just rares to fill in the resists.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

AegisP posted:

Time to see just how rippy the new Harbingers are going to be.

Killed 2 so far and I haven't really noticed the difference. They do drop a lot more shards, though.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Is it better to full-clear every map, or to rush to the boss?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if i do the boss and still have more than 50 remaining i usually go back and kill stuff until i am under 50 and call it good

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Awesome! posted:

if i do the boss and still have more than 50 remaining i usually go back and kill stuff until i am under 50 and call it good

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
the boss is generally the least rewarding in terms of reward per time/effort, a lot of people just end up skipping it