Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

how tf does a tucker carlson-themed subreddit have almost 10k subscribers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

murray is a child rapist who should have resigned months ago and fell of the face of the earth in disgrace

hundreds, thousands of people protest his sweeps of homeless camps and he does nothing; 8 pizza gate turds call for lenin to come down and he pulls this poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

what the gently caress

stay hidden

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I have not forgotten and I never will :hai:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

so much for the tolerant left

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.

something something timeline

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:catstare:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

radical meme posted:

Your cited material doesn't support your position at all. gently caress off to Canada man.

the aclu themselves contradict you so im not sure what your argument is here friend

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jesus christ

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

um

stay safe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

does trunp even speak to foreign leaders anymore

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

We're dangerously approaching the point where the "Triggered much, libs?" attitude extends to waving the literal Nazi flag, and definitely extends to the Confederate one. Trump is the alchemy that converts the old mainstream Republican grievance politics into specifically white nationalist grievance, and using "both sides!" as a defense of Fascist violence is a major step in that process. The hardcore Republican base who had racist sentiments but channeled through mainstream Republican dog-whistles are going to follow Trump straight back to the beating heart of white supremacy, as Trump himself stumbles in that direction through his gently caress Up -> Get Called Out -> Double Down methodology.

If the Charlottesville story stays in the news and starts picking up new chapters as more marches happen, the Republican party as a whole will gradually acclimatize itself to openly allying with neo-Nazis. The Alt-Right, "Free Speech" and "Southern Heritage" are excellent vehicles for laundering those ties for whatever thin veneer of deniability they still need, but establishment Republicans aren't dumb enough to miss what's really going on and they're going to find themselves dragged back to defending the President and white supremacy or else get turfed by their own radicalized base.

that makes horrifyingly much sense, and if that happens, we're definitely civil warring in 2020 at the latest, and dissolving the union shortly thereafter

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Yinlock posted:

:same:

admittedly i was being hyperbolic and confrontational earlier, but hell that's the kind of stuff that makes a man president

i cant believe the aclu was hitler all along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHo6IxswdM

:cabot:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

walruscat posted:

How do I upload videos? Shots fired nearby

Download the WorldStar app, and be sure to turn your phone back on your face and proclaim "World Star!" at least once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

stay safe walruscat

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

walruscat i would strongly consider being somewhere else, perhaps somewhere with less bullets

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Mayor Dave posted:

according to time.com, it'll be a pretty close thing

You got a link to that? It looks really handy for planning what time to be where Monday

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

walruscat posted:

How do I upload videos? Shots fired nearby

depending on the content, youtube (no visible violence) or live leak (easily visible violence, people bleeding or dying) are places to host

if you are still filming try doing live with youtube or with facebook. you can rewatch live streams later. save the footage and upload later when you have time. dont run into gunfire. good luck, goonsire.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
where is shots fired goon? I watched some of the video but people here are watching tv and sound on my computer is muted.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Salou. Just remember my baby if something happens to me. He's way cooler than me.

https://youtu.be/MX-PdviBQeA

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Guessing from the spanish swears it's Barcelona

^^ or 112km from it

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

america is a pariah state

a rogue nation

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lololol if u dont think ppl are gonna go nutso trying 2 get there hands on those

i mean ffs its a P4K article...

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

RedneckwithGuns posted:

You got a link to that? It looks really handy for planning what time to be where Monday

http://time.com/4882923/total-solar-eclipse-map-places-view/

it shows you what it will look like from anywhere in the country, so people can see how disappointed they'll be

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

babies are garbage

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

the gently caress is with all of this First Amendment absolutism crap? Is it some byproduct of people drinking the American Exceptionalism piss without paying attention?

It's an example of how Fascists game the system of liberal democracy in order to gain power. By styling all their actions as expressions of free speech they are trying to keep the discussion on grounds of due process rather than the semantic content of their ideas. The idea is that in a liberal republic, the most important thing is that the process of rights and law be upheld, in the belief that all evils can be undone within it. The actual ideas expressed are supposed to be irrelevant, since surely evil ideas will not flourish in a free market of ideas if the people are not evil. This allows Nazis to propagate and grow strong with arguments that attack liberal democracy from within, and when they become strong enough can overrun the whole thing, and all the while liberal democracy is paralyzed as it cannot conceive of fighting them outside of the limits of civil discourse.

In America, it even wraps them in the flag of patriotism by making it seem like they're the ones who love freedom the most, since they love the freedom to participate in the civic process of debate, while the actual ideas they are debating on behalf of are ignored.

It also lets them turn the center against the Left, since it's very easy to convince the Liberal mainstream that blocking fascist speech or standing up to fascist violence is effectively "silencing" them and therefore infringing on their rights. I've had long arguments with Liberals where they're convinced if you outlaw the "wrong" ideas it's a slippery slope to fascism itself, that old "those who fight monsters become monsters" thing. They cannot see how fascists are trying to fool them into fighting anti-fascists for them, and are already naturally distrustful of leftists for being revolutionaries who want to overthrow the system and do not trust them to preserve individual rights like freedom of speech if they did so.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

how tf does a tucker carlson-themed subreddit have almost 10k subscribers

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Also please only ever film in landscape.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

at whom to argue

still mad about this post online

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

walruscat posted:

Salou. Just remember my baby if something happens to me. He's way cooler than me.

https://youtu.be/MX-PdviBQeA

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Pls don't become deadgoon

hi im deadgoon!!!!!

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

The end of the second video that's uhhh

oooo

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i really enjoy your posting euphronius idk i feel like now is a time for positivity

vvvvv see

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

someone had sex in a Chuck E. Cheese costume

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

euphronius posted:

spoke with Abe when he got to Trump Tower

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

deadgoon posted:

hi im deadgoon!!!!!

RIP

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

juche avocado posted:

still mad about this post online

:troll:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

lol at Seattle mayor buckling under the weight of whataboutism coming from the right

Lenin didn't own no fuckin slaves, he didn't kill Americans by the thousands to defend their immoral laws

eh, it's 50/50 the statue was made in czechslovakia and sent to the US after it turns out making a statue celebrating communists taking over Czechoslovakia wasn't looked on fondly after communism collapsed

the sculptor sold it to an idiot in the US who mortgaged his house to buy the thing

technically Seattle doesn't even won the drat thing, the dude is long dead and left it to his family who wants like 250 grand for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

the gently caress is with all of this First Amendment absolutism crap? Is it some byproduct of people drinking the American Exceptionalism piss without paying attention?

short answer: yes

• Locked thread