Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

i flunked out posted:

He's "the rapping teacher". I'm honestly surprised it wasn't worse.

"I'm the rapping teacher and I'm here to say, we're gonna learn fun things today!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I missed 20 minutes of the show because of a 60 Minutes special on horses or something?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Probably got pushed back because of some sports event. That tends to happen this time of the season on Sunday nights. Especially once football starts. I usually set my DVR to record an hour beyond just in case.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The PGA Championship pushed everything back

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Well that there was a program that occurred on television.

So much network time kill on a contest in which we had zero context to go by.

I guess many players were wrong because they added red blot marks and a 'Buzz!" SFX.

It only took 7 rounds until the editing team DAZZLED us with green blots!

... and get this, RED blots too at the SAME TIME!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, that competition is great in theory, but in practice it's really hard to gauge who's doing well vs. who's losing. They tried to have some drama in the Cody vs. Matt stuff, but Paul's observation that Cody messed up kind of ruined it. Plus, I can't imagine what it must have been like for a colorblind person.

I gotta say, what Mark said about Paul in the DR was pretty cogent. It's less that everybody in the house just submits to Paul and more that they just rely on him for any kind of game knowledge. Any time anyone wants to make a move they have to go to Paul so he can either teach them how to do it or just do it for them. That's why it's going to be so hard to get rid of him. Paul has made himself so useful and approachable that everyone's game actually will suffer without his help.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But it does go back to Cody loving up the first shot at Paul and putting him in a position to paint himself as the foil to Cody. I think Jason said as much on the show. As long as there's a bigger threat that Paul has the house united against then it doesn't benefit people to target him. Mark and Elena no more wise and observant than the rest, they're just now on the outs because they stood with Jody and now being lined up as the people Paul has the house united against.

As long as that keeps happening Paul's going to be fine. If the waters ever calm enough for people to look past an immediate threat then that's where maybe he gets in trouble. Otherwise he's probably going to cruise into the end game with F6 or so.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I wonder if production was anticipating so many people purposely throwing the temptation comps. Big Brother comps aren't really designed for two people competing for last place with something at stake.

Realistically how would they have resolved a tie?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not a big fan of comps like that anyway because they're kind of "high stack" ones. Once you get out to a lead it becomes impossible for anyone else to catch up unless you screw up. There's an element of that to a lot of comps but without like a "don't fall off the cross beam" aspect or "don't drop the pile" it feels less competitive.

I imagine a tie would have just meant more questions. There were more than 10 sounds played in the house. But there were a finite number so theoretically two players could have just stayed tied forever and then I don't know what happens.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It was also a problem with the Halloween challenge. Jess chose not to play and was automatically given a time of 15 mins. I have no idea what would have happened if two people did that.

What would be more interesting, is if they said that the last place person went on the block, and wouldn't automatically play in veto.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

I imagine a tie would have just meant more questions.

I like the idea someone threw out on RHAP where if there's a tie for last place everyone who finished last goes on the block.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I was imaging one of those chalk board tie breakers where the people throwing the contest both end up writing the largest number they can imagine (or fit on the board)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kinda wish Mark had won the POV just to see him tell Elena he wasn't taking her down to save Cody. And if he followed through to see him responsible for his showmance's eviction.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I can't believe I am saying this, but I want Cody to stay. I find it really funny to have this guy holed up in one room whispering to some of the HGs.

Also, Alex's punishment may be the most painful punishment I can remember. The shooting the soccer ball into the net was bad, but I just really hate putting up tents.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The soccer thing might have been worse. Brittany broke her toe. Granted, she was kicking the ball wrong but still she had to stay outside and kick a ball for most of 24 hours straight and that's pretty grueling.

Paul's secret service thing last year was pretty physically taxing too. He had to run laps around the house and it could have taken down a less fit HG.

But Alex's is really rough mostly because she has to carry all that stuff around with her all the time. With how small she is as she said she's basically carrying twice her weight, or at least size, and the stairs do seem genuinely perilous. The punishment itself isn't that bad once she figured out how to set up camp and pack it up quickly. And the weenie roasts had actually turned into nice social events with people keeping her company and sitting around the grill. Josh made a comment to her the other day that it had actually brought them together.

But it's still a ton of poo poo for a pretty tiny person to carry around all day.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I really want the house to flip and send Elena out once they catch wind of the DE.
It won't happen though but it's nice to dream.

:siren: Previously... on BIG SLOG OF A SEASON!!! :siren:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Here's to hoping for a Cody/Paul DE :toot:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I really wish Elena didn't take $5k from Alex.

Why couldn't it be more :(

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Fat Lowtax posted:

I really wish Elena didn't take $5k from Alex.

Why couldn't it be more :(

I, uh, rescind that

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Elena is a terribad wannabe lawyer.. despite going into lawyer speak.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I understand people not liking Paul dominating, but everyone that has gone against him have been really unlikable.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lmao Cody, very rude to walk on a table.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

HURRY UP CHRISTMAS!
IT'S A ONE HOUR SHOW... GODDAMN GIMP!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Keep it classy Cody

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Why would she ask that? Why would he say yes?

Julie's interviews with Cody are like the only two good or memorable interviews she's had in a zillion seasons besides Aaryngate.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm not going to try to get to know people or connect with them like some beta bitch.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

I'm not going to try to get to know people or connect with them like some beta bitch.
You ain't no alpha either Eltoasto... **eats your cereal**

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

A loving knockout comp

Kill me

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PLEASE HURRY UP CHRISTMAS

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

HURRY UP CHRISTMAS!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lol Raven you aren't supposed to be THAT obvious about it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Raven is fake as gently caress...

Put Paul up FFS!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Chris threw so that she wouldn't have to (not) compete in veto?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Put Paul up FFS!

Jason had talked about doing it, hadn't he? Or am I misremembering?

I don't know if he'll follow through even if he did, though. :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Paul is the king of the house. Nobody can target him.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

pospysyl posted:

Chris threw so that she wouldn't have to (not) compete in veto?
She likely couldn't be able to... since it's usually clown shoes (needles in a ball pit).

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Jason inviting himself to two parties right now.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Imagine being in that house and thinking Mark and Elena are going to want to "hang out" with any of them

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

WRAP IT UP JASON...

Yer as gimpy as Christmas, without the crutches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Put Paul up Jason...

Don't be a beta.

• Locked thread