Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i wonder why the movie is named Icarus

Pingiivi posted:

"Often depicted in art, Icarus and his father attempt to escape from Crete by means of wings that his father constructed from feathers and wax. Icarus' father warns him first of complacency and then of hubris, asking that he fly neither too low nor too high, so the sea's dampness would not clog his wings or the sun's heat melt them. Icarus ignored his father's instructions not to fly too close to the sun; when the wax in his wings melted he tumbled out of the sky and fell into the sea where he drowned."

for fucks sake, pingiivi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Really you should be mad at Greeks, because temperatures are cooler the higher you go.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Did you read the millions of quotes from (presumably) the thread you came here to defend because that's some solidly unhealthy insanity and it's seemingly endless

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You could replace pyf with a bot that explains jokes and makes a "dad gay, so what" reference every hour and nobody would notice

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
joke explained, so what

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That's that good stuff

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
alright thats pretty good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Literally lol. Llol, if you will.

Heinous Anus
Oct 12, 2016

Not an empty quote

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why not?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hey can you stop down from being a mod so you don't go insane and last longer here?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Moist von Lipwig posted:

God forbid someone post actual information in the "hysterical goons accuse each other of being mentally ill" thread

It's the "greatest sa sagas" thread actually

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Who What Now posted:

Really you should be mad at Greeks, because temperatures are cooler the higher you go.
That doesn't make logical sense, the sun is up there! Get out of here Zeno.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Before one can fly too close to the sun, one must fly halfway too close to the sun. Icarus was a fraud.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The sun is hundreds of miles away so going closer to it isn't going to heat you up, ding dong.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What the gently caress is going on with that second dude's quads? Homeboy legs looking like someone jammed a turgid sausage into a pillowcase full of sawdust.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What the gently caress is going on with that second dude's quads? Homeboy legs looking like someone jammed a turgid sausage into a pillowcase full of sawdust.

They're all the same dude

And the answer is steroids

Sonseray
Apr 15, 2009

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Do steroids make your organs buff too?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

My liver is swole AF after all these 16oz curls.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

His nipple isn't even in his tit? What the gently caress happened to his nipple?!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Deep concerns about nipples itt

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

you don't realize but that was his forteenth birthday party. Nobody came.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Panfilo posted:

Do steroids make your organs buff too?

Growth hormone, IGF-1, and insulin cause the internal organs to grow.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For a... an event that's become almost entirely about aesthetics over practicality, you'd think bodybuilding would encourage people to make their bodies look nice instead of horrific, grotesque parodies of the human form. It's like super-inbred animal shows but for humans.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're all the same dude

And the answer is steroids

Actually, the effects you see are caused by HGH & insulin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But do bodybuilders get docked points for looking pregnant?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It depends how strong the baby is, they lie on their back and put a dumbbell on the tummy and if they can bounce it off it's fine.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Who What Now posted:

Icarus had a cruising altitude of 70'000 feet and his wings were melted by cosmic radiation. Maybe take the time to familiarize yourself with the source material before trying to question the canon???

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Inescapable Duck posted:

For a... an event that's become almost entirely about aesthetics over practicality, you'd think bodybuilding would encourage people to make their bodies look nice instead of horrific, grotesque parodies of the human form. It's like super-inbred animal shows but for humans.

Pretty much. I've heard people describe bodybuilding as being a 'living anatomy drawing' but I can't help but imagine that the muscle development from steroids, cutting and dehydration all combine to create a form that isn't at all what a normal human set of muscles would look like.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Panfilo posted:

Pretty much. I've heard people describe bodybuilding as being a 'living anatomy drawing' but I can't help but imagine that the muscle development from steroids, cutting and dehydration all combine to create a form that isn't at all what a normal human set of muscles would look like.

What I really don't get is these guys flaunting their gains with that prominent 'roid gut. I thought the whole point of "gonna swole then get cut" was getting that sweet 6-pack ab definition, and here's pics of guys, all tanned and oiled up and apparently in some kind of competition, and their bellies look like Billy Joe Bob who drinks a case of PBR every day. Do the judges just nod knowingly, thinking, "yep some awesome biceps there, just gonna ignore the fact that you look like a woman who's 8 months pregnant"? Do any of them actually win competitions looking like that?

Edit: shoot, missed Aphrodite & Emmy's posts making the same point. Maybe I spend too much time in the AUG thread, but perhaps judges are all mpreg fans :gonk:

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Aug 17, 2017

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Looking forward to the first human CRISPR hack for myostatin double muscle :madmax:

NoneMoreNegative has a new favorite as of 23:38 on Aug 17, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hmm... CRISPER... I gotta start looking into these "life hacks."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Looking forward to the first human CRISPR hack for myostatin double muscle :madmax:

There was a time when all the bodybuilding forums could talk about was myostatin and how to suppress it. Turns out a thing that is good at suppressing myostatin expression is... anabolic steroids!

Do you even moo?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

If your power slam injections include horse steroids, you should donate your hosed-up blood as often as possible so you will have less of it inside of you. This is a really good and smart thing to do.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

On EQ, DONATE BLOOD. It's an immediate way to lower BP and hematocrit, and it's a good cause. You can donate with the basic every 56 days I think.
Since Equipose isn't really drugs, just synthetic horse hormones, and you inject them into your muscles, not your veins, when the Red Cross asks if you're an "IV drug user" you can tell them neigh.

(I'd have thought this would be beyond the pale even by the standards of TCC but welp)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Holy loving poo poo, really roidgoons? really?