Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Elias_Maluco posted:

Janey-E seemed to be quite a miserable sack of poo poo too, before Dougie Cooper got them rich (and she realizes he is hot)

It's kind of hard to tell how she was before Cooper arrived. When we first meet her she's still pissed that he disappeared for three days (which is normal), and after that she is rich as gently caress. Who knows what she's normally like? Janey-E certainly didn't tell Cooper to go gently caress himself. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

And More posted:

It's kind of hard to tell how she was before Cooper arrived. When we first meet her she's still pissed that he disappeared for three days (which is normal), and after that she is rich as gently caress. Who knows what she's normally like? Janey-E certainly didn't tell Cooper to go gently caress himself. :shrug:

Yeah, but the way he talks to him a(and about him) initially makes me think she was not happy with their marriage. Also, we know they owned money to gangsters and that Dougie was quite a piece of poo poo (infidel, gambling addict etc)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
When Gooper wakes up he's going to realize he's in love with Janey-E and will purposely imitate Dougie until the end of his days.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Y'all.

There's only 3 more weeks left of this show :smithicide:

What am I gonna do once this ends?

(the answer is binge watch the entire season multiple times before cancelling Showtime)

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Since this is the thread full of Twin Peaks experts I think this really strange question I have might fit in here just fine.

When I originally watched Twin Peaks about 8 or so years ago, I was watching via my friend's DVD collection of the series. At one point, it felt as though an episode was skipped, literally erased from the DVDs. I wasn't prescient enough at the time to try googling the summaries of the episodes to figure out if we were missing something or not. So, my weird question to the thread: Is there any point in season 2 where it feels like something was straight up missing between two episodes or was there ever a DVD release that actually managed to leave out an episode of the show?

I'll probably re-watch the series once the return is over.

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground

DaveKap posted:

Since this is the thread full of Twin Peaks experts I think this really strange question I have might fit in here just fine.

When I originally watched Twin Peaks about 8 or so years ago, I was watching via my friend's DVD collection of the series. At one point, it felt as though an episode was skipped, literally erased from the DVDs. I wasn't prescient enough at the time to try googling the summaries of the episodes to figure out if we were missing something or not. So, my weird question to the thread: Is there any point in season 2 where it feels like something was straight up missing between two episodes or was there ever a DVD release that actually managed to leave out an episode of the show?

I'll probably re-watch the series once the return is over.

iirc there's like a "3 weeks later" or something after they wrap up the Laura plot line

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I want to say an episode starts where Coop is talking to the giant... without any transition into it. It's just "here's Coop talking to a giant now" without any lead-up from the previous episode. gently caress it, I'll just go find it on Netflix.

Edit: Pffft I think we skipped the last episode of season 1 then. Weird.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 17, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

DaveKap posted:

That would certainly be a big thing to skip. :stonk:

I'm surprised that's the only thing you found odd about that episode, then.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

zelah posted:

I could see it being dougie's kid. I'm not a good judge of kid ages, but does he seem older than 6 or 7?

As someone who works with K-8 kids, I'd say Sonny Jim is 9-10.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

And More posted:

That would certainly be a big thing to skip. :stonk:

I'm surprised that's the only thing you found odd about that episode, then.
8 years ago was a weird time for me. "Understanding" Twin Peaks wasn't really a thing.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

DaveKap posted:

I want to say an episode starts where Coop is talking to the giant... without any transition into it. It's just "here's Coop talking to a giant now" without any lead-up from the previous episode. gently caress it, I'll just go find it on Netflix.

"May The Giant Be With You" is the episode that is the series premiere, and it is also a TWO PART EPISODE. It sounds to me like you started off with part 2 of May The Giant be With You. I remember having the same problem when I downloaded and watched the series for the very first time like 15 years ago. I think I was getting it episode-by-episode via an irc channel and DCC at the time, haha.

Anyway, season 1 should end with Cooper getting shot, and season 2 should begin with an extremely strange old waiter delivering the (just shot and bloodied Cooper) a glass of warm milk.

"Does this include a gratuity?"

"Yes, sir!"

kaworu fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 17, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The first time I saw twin peaks I was on mushrooms and a friend put it on

It ruled

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

hawowanlawow posted:

The first time I saw twin peaks I was on mushrooms and a friend put it on

It ruled

This was how I first experienced Lynch's Dune

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Janey E is the real Diane who somehow went into the lodge and got her memory wiped like Cooper. Diane is the doppelganger. Calling it now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Finding out that the 'e' in Janey-E probably stands for 'Evans' still does not make it a good nickname. What kind of a nickname is Janey-E dammit

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Maybe there was more than one Jane that went by Janey in her school.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Listen I am just holding out hope that Sonny Jim's real name is not actually Sonny Jim and Janey-E is not inspiring cofidence.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm personally assuming his name is James/Jim and it's just a nickname.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sonny Jim.

Son of Jim.

Son of James.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I want answers to the 9-1-1 lady, dammit

Edit: I honestly hope she's a 9/11 conspiracist

Zmej fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 18, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

We know that the original Dougie Jones was cheating on Janey-E, possibly this whole time. As we also saw in season 2 of the original show, James left Twin Peaks to go on something of an odyssey.

Perhaps he ended up in Vegas and got caught up in another mysterious love affair with a married woman, jealous of her husband's own affairs, except Janey ended up pregnant with James leaving town before finding out...

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Candy
Sonny
Janey
Dougie

I mean... who else has names that end in the ee sound and are probably fake people?

Aubrey. :aaa:
Andy! Lucy! :aaaaa:

Billy Bobby Jimmy Tammy... OH poo poo

WALLY

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 18, 2017

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How you gonna post that picture and not pick up on Andy?

If you look at the imdb page it's pretty ridiculous.

Dr.Jacoby, Jerry, Beverly, Josie, Anthony, one of the 3 cop brothers is nicknamed "Smiley" and on and on

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 18, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

How you gonna post that picture and not pick up on Andy?
Because I've been editing as I remember. I'm pretty certain Twin Peaks has more characters than Game of Thrones at this point.

And yeah, so many ee names that it's probably insignificant.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 18, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

Sonny Jim.

Son of Jim.

Son of James.

Sonny Jim has been cool since the day he was born and until now nobody has been able to figure out why

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Clouseau posted:

Frank is more along the lines of Maddie. A weird convenient doppelganger but probably not a weird lodge creation.

No he's a means of replacing Michael Ontkean who refused to come back for the new show.

Jesus, you people.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plus he has a cool as poo poo videoconferencing screen that rises futuristically out of the desk in his cruddy wood-paneled office in a building dating to 1910

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

skasion posted:

This was how I first experienced Lynch's Dune

this is the ONLY way that i've experienced dune and it was such a great experience that i'm not sure i ever want to see it sober

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

No he's a means of replacing Michael Ontkean who refused to come back for the new show.

Jesus, you people.

Hey man, did you ever notice that TWIN is in the title, right there all along?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

kaworu posted:

Hey man, did you ever notice that TWIN is in the title, right there all along?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s&t=122s

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

King Vidiot posted:

Jesus, you people.

Yeah no poo poo dude. Maddy was a way to keep Sheryl Lee in the show. I was saying he's not from the lodge, just some weird narrative contrivance (a brother who is also sheriff we never saw?)

I wish they just promoted Hawk instead but I wonder if they already had the script with Harry written.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zmej posted:

I want answers to the 9-1-1 lady, dammit

Edit: I honestly hope she's a 9/11 conspiracist

in that she uses booze and pills to kill the pain from her role in staging the 9/11 false flag attack, she is certainly a conspiracist

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I thought it was pretty funny to introduce this whole other wing of the Twin Peaks sheriffs department, with Chad and dispatch lady and the other people, in the same episode (I think) as Frank. It's winking and going "oh, we just never went to this side of the office".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I thought they'd just expanded.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can't be coincidence that my two favorite TV series ever have cops named Fusco in them :tinfoil:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
one of my favourite sumbshit thinkpieces about this show took great pains to explain that they still had lucy around as a vestigial remnant of the past, while the new lady handled all the actual work, apparently not realizing the difference between a receptionist and a dispatcher

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The Walrus posted:

one of my favourite sumbshit thinkpieces about this show took great pains to explain that they still had lucy around as a vestigial remnant of the past, while the new lady handled all the actual work, apparently not realizing the difference between a receptionist and a dispatcher

At my sheriff s department the dispatcher is the person at the front desk :shrug:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
According to TMZ, the trailer park guy who hitched a ride with Carl (and mentioned Linda) got arrested for beating the poo poo out of his girlfriend with a bat. Yowza: http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/17/twin-peaks-actor-jeremy-lindholm-arrested-attempted-murder/

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lived in a town called Twin Mountain and it had like a 5k population and there was only three town cops and a chief. They would have a Andy or Lucy equivalent on the phones and then the local state police barracks did all dispatch. Which is what I would imagine a real Twin Peaks would do :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I lived in a town called Twin Mountain and it had like a 5k population and there was only three town cops and a chief. They would have a Andy or Lucy equivalent on the phones and then the local state police barracks did all dispatch. Which is what I would imagine a real Twin Peaks would do :shrug:

But did they have a department store with a perfume counter?