Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So I bought the bayonetta 1 & 2 wii-u disc copy a while back. Finally started 1. It's, uh, interesting. Doesn't seemed to have aged well. Is it a bad idea to skip it?

Also for some reason half the audio doesn't work
What about it do you feel hasn't aged well? I'd never played any Bayonetta games, or even much in the way of Platinum/Clover games, before I got it on the WiiU. While I find it difficult (especially in terms of getting a good rating in the stages), I still find it quite an enjoyable game. I dunno, if you don't enjoy 1, you probably won't enjoy 2.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The C64 was completely forgettable and is about as relevant to the "do new gamers play older mario games" as it would be to ask if newer gamers play games on their TI-82s.
Creatures 1+2, Turrican 1+2, Mayhem in Monsterland, The Great Escape, Bubble Bobble + Rainbow Island (RIP Parasol Stars C-64 port), International Karate/IK+, Last Ninja trilogy, Dizzy series... the C-64 owned, and it had thousands of games (plenty of terrible 8-bit shovelware, of course). The library was massive and diverse, with everything from platformers, puzzle games, RPGs, flight sims, beat em ups.

Stan Taylor posted:

Are there any big exclusives besides rabbids and mario coming out this year?
Mario + Rabbids, Pokken*, Fire Emblem Warriors*, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2

* Nintendo exclusives

ChocNitty posted:

what's the next good looking game coming out?
#sassy #nofilter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I love You Dont Know Jack. But I need some clarification on multiplayer. It says its local multiplayer, but then it also says that up to 10,000 audience members can play along, and that it can be enjoyed over streams with remote players? I want to be able to play this with more than real life buddies.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

ChocNitty posted:

I love You Dont Know Jack. But I need some clarification on multiplayer. It says its local multiplayer, but then it also says that up to 10,000 audience members can play along, and that it can be enjoyed over streams with remote players? I want to be able to play this with more than real life buddies.
If you stream the main screen, other people can see it and use your room code/use the spectator code to join up, and then view your stream to see the main screen. That's pretty much it afaik.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys like terrible box art?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poi

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm the old man waiting to beat those kids with a shovel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"Make the ring the central focus of the image, but make sure none of the characters are looking at it"

Got u fam.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have so many questions

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

This looks like one of those mock covers you'd see in a Dorkly or Cracked article, aiming for a cheap joke at some aspect of poor game design.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

he 'bout to do it

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
That's a good cover in that it accurately depicts the quality of the game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I need to read up on how badly Konami hosed up at some point, it really seemed like they left the games industry burning all their bridges and flipping it off only to come crawling back when, I presume, Pachinko started dying overnight the moment the Japanese could just gamble like everyone else in the world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inescapable Duck posted:

I need to read up on how badly Konami hosed up at some point, it really seemed like they left the games industry burning all their bridges and flipping it off only to come crawling back when, I presume, Pachinko started dying overnight the moment the Japanese could just gamble like everyone else in the world.

That's pretty much exactly what happened, yes.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I am also one of the weirdos who never played a classic mario. I had a master system and megadrive so was totally team sonic. Only mario I played was on game boy. My first proper Nintendo console was a GameCube.

My friend had a SNES but we just played a tiny toons or taz...

Looking forward to getting a SNES mini and playing those classics for the first time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't say Konami have 'come crawling back', they published that Bomberman game, have a new Pro Evo out, which they never stopped making in the first place, and are doing a Metal Gear cash grab that no one has seen anything of for months. That's 'eh we had this poo poo already going and might as well get some money back' to me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

I wouldn't say Konami have 'come crawling back', they published that Bomberman game, have a new Pro Evo out, which they never stopped making in the first place, and are doing a Metal Gear cash grab that no one has seen anything of for months. That's 'eh we had this poo poo already going and might as well get some money back' to me.

They actually went on-record stating to the Fox Engine's creator that they'd never be using it for another title at the time. It's why he jumped ship to Kojima's new studio.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay but an annual sportsball update and an MGS cash grab still don't scream 'we're sorry please let us back'.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So how does the Jackbox stuff actually work on Switch? I know the PC ones require phones and such to join rooms, is it the same way on the Switch? Meaning, you'd need the Switch on a Wifi network in order to play?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Echophonic posted:

So how does the Jackbox stuff actually work on Switch? I know the PC ones require phones and such to join rooms, is it the same way on the Switch? Meaning, you'd need the Switch on a Wifi network in order to play?

Yeah, it relies on everyone's personal devices and the Switch all being connected to the internet in some fashion.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Okay but an annual sportsball update and an MGS cash grab still don't scream 'we're sorry please let us back'.

The MGS cash grab does, however, scream "okay, how can we make some money now that our cash cow's been taken out back and shot?" Remember, this is the company that routinely reassigned their programmers to janitorial positions at their health spas.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The MGS cash grab does, however, scream "okay, how can we make some money now that our cash cow's been taken out back and shot?" Remember, this is the company that routinely reassigned their programmers to janitorial positions at their health spas.

Hahahaha seriously? That can't be true but I want it to be true.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

what's the price

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Beastie posted:

Hahahaha seriously? That can't be true but I want it to be true.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/03/scathing-konami-report-alleges-cruel-and-unusual-employee-practices/#1af6560408b8

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yeah, Konami were real shits to their game devs. After they dumped Kojima, they also issued legal sanctions against the people they dropped along with him from using Konami as a reference to future employers, or otherwise using any of the work they did there as work history.

Please don't buy Konami titles.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

uh oh i watched that castlevania show

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

a.lo posted:

uh oh i watched that castlevania show

Yeah, I did, too :smith:

I tell myself it's okay because Netflix already paid to commission the animation.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I did, too :smith:

I tell myself it's okay because Netflix already paid to commission the animation.

Well, due to its popularity they've already paid for a second season.

It was pretty decent, though, as a thing.

Still want a Belmont in Smash and that somehow now seems more likely than ever. I hope it's the Captain N version.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Bloop posted:

Well, due to its popularity they've already paid for a second season.

It was pretty decent, though, as a thing.

Still want a Belmont in Smash and that somehow now seems more likely than ever. I hope it's the Captain N version.

Real talk: Captain N trophies would be incredible in Smash. I want to see Nintendo of Japan acknowledge the existence of Captain N and the Super Mario Bros Super Show.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

deadly_pudding posted:

Real talk: Captain N trophies would be incredible in Smash. I want to see Nintendo of Japan acknowledge the existence of Captain N and the Super Mario Bros Super Show.

You'll get Titty Kirby from the Japanese comics before you ever get them to recognize Captain N.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

nerd_of_prey posted:

I am also one of the weirdos who never played a classic mario. I had a master system and megadrive so was totally team sonic. Only mario I played was on game boy. My first proper Nintendo console was a GameCube.

My friend had a SNES but we just played a tiny toons or taz...

Looking forward to getting a SNES mini and playing those classics for the first time
We had a C-64 when I was growing up. I bought a Mega Drive with money I got when I made my Confirmation. After that, I was sort of in a weird mid-teens limbo where I had no money myself but felt bad asking my parents to plash a few hundred quid on a games console. So I kind of fell out of gaming after that. I got back into it in my early 20s when I played Halo with friends, so ended up getting an original XBox (after the 360 launched, I'm pretty sure). I picked up a DS Lite, then a Wii, upgraded to a 360, got the 3DS and Wii U. Now I have a PS 4, Switch and Vita to go with the Wii U and 3DS. :v:

So yeah, weirdly the Wii was my first Nintendo console. The only Mario I really played as a kid/teenager was on friends SNES'. Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. Oh, and I played a bit of the NES games thanks to Super Mario All-Stars. So I'm also looking forward to the SNES Mini, although I've played a lot of the games on it through VC and the like.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They actually went on-record stating to the Fox Engine's creator that they'd never be using it for another title at the time. It's why he jumped ship to Kojima's new studio.

They also said Kojima was on vacation. They're full of lying poo poo.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You'll get Titty Kirby from the Japanese comics before you ever get them to recognize Captain N.

Hmm I know what those words mean but not together in that order

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I remember this game had kickstarter to make it for the Wii U.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, Konami were real shits to their game devs. After they dumped Kojima, they also issued legal sanctions against the people they dropped along with him from using Konami as a reference to future employers, or otherwise using any of the work they did there as work history.

Please don't buy Konami titles.

The sooner Konami goes down in flames the sooner someone can buy the Suikoden IP and maybe make a proper Suikoden 6. Like, an actual RPG and not a F2P cash grab :effort: shitheap like Capcom did to Breath of Fire. :(

deadly_pudding posted:

Captain N has not aged well and it was borderline insufferable even as a kid.

The Mario Bros Super show is still great because it pulls off the right levels of ham and campiness.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

The sooner Konami goes down in flames the sooner someone can buy the Suikoden IP and maybe make a proper Suikoden 6. Like, an actual RPG and not a F2P cash grab :effort: shitheap like Capcom did to Breath of Fire. :(

Captain N has not aged well and it was borderline insufferable even as a kid.

The Mario Bros Super show is still great because it pulls off the right levels of ham and campiness.

Their mobile phone slots games make them too much money. They are always bouncing around the apple App Store revenue charts.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does the Switch not do Netflix? I wanted to watch the Defenders.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The switch does not do Netflix

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does the Switch not do Netflix? I wanted to watch the Defenders.
No, the Switch is a video game console. You'll have to use one of your 20 other Netflix-enabled devices to watch Netflix's Marvel's The Defenders.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I don't know why in the gently caress you would want to watch Netflix on a 720p screen anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have yet to watch a single video from the eshop that wasn't stuttery and required constant buffering so I think i'm okay with having no streaming apps thanks.

• Locked thread