Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

Was looking up CNC programming accounts on Twitter

smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i hope none of the rest of you goobers spend your free time looking at programming twitter accounts

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i hope none of the rest of you goobers spend your free time looking at programming twitter accounts

I actually took today off just so I can catch up with the twittersphere, I'll have you know.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

I actually took today off just so I can catch up with the twittersphere, I'll have you know.

as long as you aren't following accounts which teach you how to make mods for forklift simulators

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

liberals are useless at the moment and they'll eventually turn collaborator so probably for the best they just stay home

literally 'let them eat cake' tho

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

as long as you aren't following accounts which teach you how to make mods for forklift simulators

Why would I wanna mod perfection? :confused:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx posted:

literally 'let them eat cake' tho

they pulled that line with the doughnut poo poo last week too

starting to think those people might be suicidal

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

seems a lot less efficient than stack exchange

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Gotta keep your ear on the ground op. Also thanks y'all. Whenever it comes to needing a translation from someone who censors the word rape, I know y'all got me covered.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Personally I think r*pe is more triggering than rape because the asterisk looks like a corn hole

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Dude :ughh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Personally I think r*pe is more triggering than rape because the asterisk looks like a corn hole

: |

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Volkerball posted:

:dogout:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

volk that's a rly bad post

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
e: wtf wrong thread

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 18, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
yikes

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

drat. First it was numbers, now it's letters and symbols that are able to crush volkerball's already fragile psyche. :ohdear:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

this, but with a "yikes" that expands to fill the screen

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There's an "Italian" place here with a lunch deal where for about US$3 you get a pizza with a side of another, smaller pizza.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

There's an "Italian" place here with a lunch deal where for about US$3 you get a pizza with a side of another, smaller pizza.

We have one of those in my city. Their pizza sucks but the bakery part of their store is some of the best stuff you can buy in town. Eat eclairs instead of pizzas for lunch, what could go wrong?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I really like chameleons.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Chameleons own.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Randler posted:

drat. First it was numbers, now it's letters and symbols that are able to crush volkerball's already fragile psyche. :ohdear:

i think the troopman was simply short-circuited by the concept of rape being a social taboo

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Twitter Trends says "Tina Fey starts a grassroots movement with 'sheetcaking''"

some showbiz agents pushing a celebrity's neologism through twitter is a very cynical use of the phrase "grassroots movement"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
this video of my rear end painted like a video games character wobbling in rhythm to the mario 2 music went viral... could this meme that's sweeping the teens be the next black lives matter?

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 18, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Rip me, thought of rape and died

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

We have one of those in my city. Their pizza sucks but the bakery part of their store is some of the best stuff you can buy in town. Eat eclairs instead of pizzas for lunch, what could go wrong?

Their poo poo is surprisingly alright for a place where the main draws are $3 lunch and $1.50 all you can drink lattes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

volk I think you should pick a different topic when trying to be funny

there are better themes

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Volkerball posted:

Rip me, thought of rape and died

rape victims often experience ptsd, which is the disorder that the word "trigger" relates to

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rodatose posted:

rape victims often experience ptsd, which is the disorder that the word "trigger" relates to

and sometimes take their own lives when reminded of their trauma

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sure there are. But for the record, I am not against being delicate to the sensibilities of people who have experienced trauma. That is a polite thing to do. I'm just not seeing how putting an asterisk in the word rape does that. To me it's like if I was discussing rape with someone in front of a victim and I said R-A-P-E instead of rape, and then winked at the person I was talking to like I just pulled one over on the rape victim. What's the point. R*pe and rape still come with all the same connotations. How does the A push it over the edge.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Rodatose posted:

There can also be other kinds of triggers, like eating disorder triggers or migraine triggers. When triggers are mocked, it's primarily people making fun of people with PTSD. I wonder what it would be like for you to consider rape without making a joke, VB. If you can't talk about it without joking, maybe that's something you could do some introspection on.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Sure there are. But for the record, I am not against being delicate to the sensibilities of people who have experienced trauma. That is a polite thing to do. I'm just not seeing how putting an asterisk in the word rape does that. To me it's like if I was discussing rape with someone in front of a victim and I said R-A-P-E instead of rape, and then winked at the person I was talking to like I just pulled one over on the rape victim. What's the point. R*pe and rape still come with all the same connotations. How does the A push it over the edge.

Well it's the rape survivor who spelled it that way. So yes, you are making light of her choice.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WrenP-Complete posted:

There can also be other kinds of triggers, like eating disorder triggers or migraine triggers. When triggers are mocked, it's primarily people making fun of people with PTSD. I wonder what it would be like for you to consider rape without making a joke, VB. If you can't talk about it without joking, maybe that's something you could do some introspection on.

Look at you just throwing that word about without any regard for who might see it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Look at you just throwing that word about without any regard for who might see it.

*rubs self in poo poo* "you're not making yourself look good right now"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

glad to see vb benjamin buttoning himself back into a teenage edgelord

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I blame it on you guys chasing off AA. Clearly his liberal ponytail was actually a ward of containment.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Good Morning DaD chat

I have

*checks notes*

Opinions on things

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Consensual nonconsent (rape fantasies)

oh :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

only analytics blogger accounts

• Locked thread