Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

For unpainted models, that's pretty small.
I expect they're going to be Runewars/Imperial Assault scale

Epic 40k (probably the best ruleset GW ever produced) but Star Wars would be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

canyoneer posted:

For unpainted models, that's pretty small.
I expect they're going to be Runewars/Imperial Assault scale

Would not make sense to make them at IA scale, players want AT-AT walkers.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

illectro posted:

Would not make sense to make them at IA scale, players want AT-AT walkers.

Not impossible.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theres no way this game has any kind of scale that makes sense

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Command and Colours was mentioned earlier. They'll probably go that route and you'll end up with 20mm mans fighting 6mm tanks and artillery. I am totally fine with this.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, They already make Battlelore - so a hex based game like that is the most likely.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
TBH the "smart" way to do this is probably to keep the infantry at 28mm and sell dual-use Imperial Assault/NewGaem packs to encourage people to buy into both.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Arquinsiel posted:

Command and Colours was mentioned earlier. They'll probably go that route and you'll end up with 20mm mans fighting 6mm tanks and artillery. I am totally fine with this.
That's how they do it in Memoir 44 and that's made by Borg too. Rebel tauntaun riders are totally the equivalent of Chasseurs-a-Cheval, right? I can see the Imperial equivalents being more Dragoons.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Maybe like Flames of War? I forget, is all of their stuff to scale?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There are Storm troopers guarding the empty tables at the FFG booth, and we are waiting in line for the in flight report where they will announce... Something...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Raged posted:

FFG stream is up on the TC facebook page https://www.facebook.com/teamcovenant

Here you go. (Currently discussing Twilight Imperium)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CPA Hell posted:

Flames of War is to scale at 1/100, except for plane, which are 1/144.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

CPA Hell posted:

15mm scale would be sweet. Then you can just use readily-available FOW buildings for it. Just get any of the desert campaign buildings and you'd have mos eisley.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

They talking about SW Destiny now on the stream.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
If tho gives me more minis for my star wars rpg sessions I'm a happy boyo

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

LEGION LIVES!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Mr.Trifecta posted:

LEGION LIVES!

I am so loving happy with this. gently caress 40k forever

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Sounds like Legion is gonna be same scale as Imperial Assault, focusing on the original trilogy. Preview article due up on FFG's website at some point soonish today I think?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Devlan Mud posted:

Sounds like Legion is gonna be same scale as Imperial Assault, focusing on the original trilogy. Preview article due up on FFG's website at some point soonish today I think?

:vomarine:

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

It's coming unpainted ( wish it were prepainted). They said price up today on the site. Presented I believe said 34mm for size. Comes out early 2018.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Mr.Trifecta posted:

It's coming unpainted ( wish it were prepainted). They said price up today on the site. Presented I believe said 34mm for size.
The leaked Alliance catalog promo had the core at 89.95

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My friend said there were speeder bikes shown as well as endor bunker. Might still be tempted, but really only if they make a speeder bike with Paploo.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

My friend said there were speeder bikes shown as well as endor bunker. Might still be tempted, but really only if they make a speeder bike with Paploo.

I saw a Luke and Vader, rebel troopers and commandos, and storm troopers and speeder bike mounted scout troopers in the core set contents during the stream.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Devlan Mud posted:

I saw a Luke and Vader, rebel troopers and commandos, and storm troopers and speeder bike mounted scout troopers in the core set contents during the stream.

Ewoks with speeder bikes or no deal. Gimme gliders too

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One of our local XWing dudes is demoing Legion for FFG right now at Gencon.
It has articulated rulers like Armada.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Have some pictures I just took:

Game looks interesting for sure, I'll definitely try and get a demo in later.

Edit: remove the l at the end for big

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 18, 2017

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Is he from the St. Paul meta? If so I talked to him yesterday in the FFG line. I got his card for his podcast thing. Cool guy. He was coy about what he was demoing besides "new" and "I can't talk about it"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Article is up

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
edit: ^^^:argh:

Article's up on FFG's site:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Star Wars: Legion huh? Sounds a little generic.

They should have called it Star Wars: Battlefront ;)

Edit: Sorastro was quick https://youtu.be/1OVnCFq1j04

And a teaser trailer for the game,looks like Sorastro painted all these:
https://youtu.be/8hNV5sSNM5M
Is it a bit of false advertising if theyre unpainted figs?

drunkill fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 18, 2017

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
How do you guys do it with 40k? Painting all those figures just seems so drat tedious.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

IronSaber posted:

How do you guys do it with 40k? Painting all those figures just seems so drat tedious.

Painting is a major part of the hobby. I'm mostly into miniature gaming because of painting, playing is secondary.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

IronSaber posted:

white spray, and then a shading wash.

Stormtroopers!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

canyoneer posted:

One of our local XWing dudes is demoing Legion for FFG right now at Gencon.
It has articulated rulers like Armada.

PHX or MSP? Odds are MSP I suppose.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

IronSaber posted:

Personally, I hate painting and only do it when I'm about to go into a tournament situation that requires painted minis. Seriously, like 90% of my painted minis were painted the night before a tournament event. Otherwise, I just say "gently caress it" and play unpainted or base coated minis.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Some game mechanics explanation: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/

Realistically, I wasn't expecting a regimental game closer to historicals despite that being part of the flavor of Grand battles in Star Wars. However, it looks like it's similar to infinity or test of honor with a linked orders system. There's a limited ARO system which I guess is OK. The interesting thing is to see if they take advantage of the panic caused by loss of leadership. The descriptions keep talking about using unit leaders to move squads. Hopefully that means that if the unit leader is removed, squads are pinned, easier to flee, or have extremely limited options.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Really hope that it's not gonna have the same activation number issues that Armada has.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

pbpancho posted:

PHX or MSP? Odds are MSP I suppose.

PHX, which narrows it down to one I guess :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

It looks like a decent cleaner and more lightweight take on 40k and I'm very interested as to how it pans out. Super curious as to how they'll handle factions and additional content and support. Also those movement templates look like they'd be clunky as gently caress on a crowded board.