Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Diva Cupcake posted:

To be fair it was probably like £40m in add-ons. I dont think they reject a straight cash offer that big.

Still £80M in cash in that case.

Liverpool are ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

Still £80M in cash in that case.

Liverpool are ridiculous

Given that it's Barca that 80m was probably payable over 5 years and after 2 they'd start trying to give Liverpool players they claim are worth 20m instead of cash installments.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

quote:

Barcelona this afternoon placed a new bid of £113m with Liverpool for Philippe Coutinho, Sky Sports News understands.

That fee could have rise to £118m on Coutinho's appearances at the Nou Camp. However, we understand Liverpool have immediately rejected Barcelona's offer.

:shrug:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
rakitic pls

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

CyberPingu posted:

Lol, immediately rejected.

Stupid by both clubs at this point imo.

Hes not worth that much and Liverpool should cash in while they can now.

Take the money you loving morons before he picks up an actual injury

The money is meaningless we can't sign anyone right now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EvilHawk posted:

Enjoy the winter when you're desperately trying to fill Coutinho's injured position as his knees have exploded and you've got a warchest worth whatever you can get for Mamadou Sakho.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

EvilHawk posted:

What about in 6 months. £120m is not going to degrade unless we hit a stupid financial collapse, Coutinho could blow out a knee in 2 months or have another back injury and then we are left proper hosed.

Sandwolf posted:

Enjoy the winter when you're desperately trying to fill Coutinho's injured position as his knees have exploded and you've got a warchest worth whatever you can get for Mamadou Sakho.

Aye, this.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Sandwolf posted:

CyberPingu posted:

What about in 6 months. £120m is not going to degrade unless we hit a stupid financial collapse, Coutinho could blow out a knee in 2 months or have another back injury and then we are left proper hosed.

Aye, this.

The £120m we might get for Coutinho is not what is stopping is buying a midfielder or defender. We have that money already. We were (are) willing to spend close to £150m on Van Dijk and Keita without selling anyone. If we end up selling him not only do we need to replace him, as well as fill those other positions, everyone in the world knows we have an additional £120m. Do you think that makes negotiating easier or harder?

Selling Coutinho does not benefit Liverpool in any way. Selling Coutinho does harm Liverpool in every way. We lose our best player, we lose one of the few creative central midfielders we have, and we have to panic buy a replacement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EvilHawk posted:

100m each might get Keita and van dijk

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Matuidi to Juve for 20m euro is done

https://twitter.com/juventusfc/status/898571169212887040

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

Ranganic's cryptic comments yesterday aside, I'm not even sure that's true.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Klopps German, they hate spending money in the winter window.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jose posted:

RB have gone back and forth on Keita so often I have no idea what the current state is.

Southampton are (allegedly) refusing to sell to us at all.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Davinson Sanchez to Spurs is official, subject to a medical and permit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gabriel to Valencia is a done deal: https://www.arsenal.com/news/gabriel-joins-valencia

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

EvilHawk posted:

RB have gone back and forth on Keita so often I have no idea what the current state is.

Southampton are (allegedly) refusing to sell to us at all.

The club has actually not said anything for weeks now, Keita is absolutely staying and I'm doing a lol while Liverpool and Barcelona desperately try to sign their targets.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Healbot posted:

The club has actually not said anything for weeks now, Keita is absolutely staying and I'm doing a lol while Liverpool and Barcelona desperately try to sign their targets.

We haven't submitted a bid (for anyone) for weeks now, I'm not sure we're desperately trying to do anything.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

great, now bring on Draxler

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
A shame Arsene can't get rid of Walcott because of his wages. If he could I'd say sell Sanchez to PSG, buy Draxler and try once more for Lemar. That would bring in new long term attackers while selling a player who won't resign and dead weight.

It's nice, dreams.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

I wouldn't want 24m for Evans. Hopefully he stays instead of riding the man city pine for his prime years.

BBC says you're in for Sakho for £30m, could be your replacement

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40974062

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

A shame Arsene can't get rid of Walcott because of his wages. If he could I'd say sell Sanchez to PSG, buy Draxler and try once more for Lemar. That would bring in new long term attackers while selling a player who won't resign and dead weight.

It's nice, dreams.

He's not trying to get rid of Walcott, nor is Walcott trying to leave.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

wicka posted:

He's not trying to get rid of Walcott, nor is Walcott trying to leave.

No poo poo..... because Walcott is on 140k a week and plays like he should be making 40k.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

No poo poo..... because Walcott is on 140k a week and plays like he should be making 40k.

He’s actually just not trying to sell him at all, for any reason.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
im glad spurs did a thing

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

wicka posted:

He’s actually just not trying to sell him at all, for any reason.

Because he can't.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
40m for an eredivisie defender lmao

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

greazeball posted:

BBC says you're in for Sakho for £30m, could be your replacement

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40974062
lol at liverpool demanding 30m for a player they don't want

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Here's a question for you lads. Why are football contracts so iron clad like?

Why can't someone like Costa, who's clearly unhappy at his current place of work, hand in his notice, so to speak and leave? You can do that in most other places of work. In football though, if you're unhappy at a club you have to hope you get sold or tough poo poo

Military doesn't let you chose or hand in a notice, and you sign a contract for that one too. Tough poo poo imo.

edit: also https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830492

Soulex fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 18, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Because he can't.

He wouldn’t if he could, because he doesn’t want to.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Philippe Coutinho #2 most expensive player in history.

Neymar. Coutinho. Cristiano. Gareth Bale. Luis Suarez. Zidane. What do these men all have in common? That's right, they all love Liverpool.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Walcott scored 19 goals last season. There isn't much of a market for an improvement.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The fees people are throwing around for Coutinho include all the add-ons being triggered. Those add-ons, which total up to more than 25% of the 114 million GBP fee people are referring to (more than 30,000,000 GBP) reportedly include:

-Barcelona winning the CL
-Coutinho winning the Balon D'Or

I think the bid has a ways to go before Liverpool should bite Barca's hand off, given how dependent they otherwise are on Coutinho.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

Military doesn't let you chose or hand in a notice, and you sign a contract for that one too. Tough poo poo imo.

edit: also https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830492

lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I don't even think we're that dependant on him. Still don't want to sell him though.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress barca, you don't need the money and they're desperate. get every penny you possibly can out of them

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's nice that Arsenal is so poo poo now Barca doesn't even consider poaching its players

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Skip My Posts posted:

gently caress barca, you don't need the money and they're desperate. get every penny you possibly can out of them

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vegetable posted:

It's nice that Arsenal is so poo poo now Barca doesn't even consider poaching its players

Counterpoint: Alex Song.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Isn't Matuidi actually good? That seems like a pretty normal price in most years, but with the way poo poo is going I would've expected him to sell for like 60 million euros or something crazy like that. As far as I can tell the only time he didn't crack 50 appearances in a full season for PSG, he hit 48 and he's a French International.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Disagree. I personally believe that Coutinho is worth about £40m so Liverpool should be forced to sell him for that.

• Locked thread