Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

well why not posted:

welp this sounds like it's gonna ignore all the interesting, cool parts of BvS ...

Given its reception I'm not surprised at all, they're desperately trying to Marvellise it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

I wonder if its a Spartan kick or she does a yell before the punch, both in slow motion.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My hope for those spoilers to be fake is because at least two points are seemingly contradicted by the SDCC trailer

You can hear a news report about Lex escaping from Arkham and Diana isn't with Hippolita on Themiscyra when Steppenwolf arrives.

Please WB, don't gently caress it up :(

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Henry Allen has been entirely cut.
That must be recent because there was a scene with Barry visiting him in prison in one of the trailers.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The Knightmare is not addressed.

Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.

Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.
Ugh

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.
lol

Some articles this week citing "anonymous sources" said that that JL was "unwatchable" prior to the reshoots because it was "too dark".

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You can hear a news report about Lex escaping from Arkham and Diana isn't with Hippolita on Themiscyra when Steppenwolf arrives.
Maybe her mom is still in the "prevent her from fighting" phase or she's still a kid and was put some where safe?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Apollo posted:

Some articles this week citing "anonymous sources" said that that JL was "unwatchable" prior to the reshoots because it was "too dark".

When did "Dark" lose any meaning as description? :cripes:

Mr. Apollo posted:

Maybe her mom is still in the "prevent her from fighting" phase or she's still a kid and was put some where safe?

It is a possibility I guess but that would defeat the entire point of adding Diana to the scene if is meant to set up Steppenwolf's defeat, wouldn't you think?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ah, there they are. I was getting worried. It was a week or two before the last doomsaying rumor how the production was in shambles, how the film needs to make a hundred billion to be profitable, how it's the end of the DCEU forever, how so and so isn't the character any more or somesuch thing or a combination of something I was beginning to wonder if we'd see some more anonymous doomsaying before release.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It is a possibility I guess but that would defeat the entire point of adding Diana to the scene if is meant to set up Steppenwolf's defeat, wouldn't you think?
I was thinking along the lines of it's a story that she hears repeatedly while growing up so it leaves a huge impression on her.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jimbot posted:

Ah, there they are. I was getting worried. It was a week or two before the last doomsaying rumor how the production was in shambles, how the film needs to make a hundred billion to be profitable, how it's the end of the DCEU forever, how so and so isn't the character any more or somesuch thing or a combination of something I was beginning to wonder if we'd see some more anonymous doomsaying before release.

The Internet needs to fill the void left by Devin Faraci and his DC hateboner retreating into the dark void from whence they came.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timby posted:

The Internet needs to fill the void left by Devin Faraci and his DC hateboner retreating into the dark void from whence they came.

does he do any article writing anymore? I feel like it's been quite some time since someone dropped a faraci article into one of the nerd threads

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm so glad Faraci got his poo poo rocked. What a tool that guy was.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MacheteZombie posted:

does he do any article writing anymore? I feel like it's been quite some time since someone dropped a faraci article into one of the nerd threads

He dropped off the face of the Internet after being fired from Birth.Movies.Death following a sexual assault allegation. This happened maybe, I don't know, ten or eleven months ago?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timby posted:

He dropped off the face of the Internet after being fired from Birth.Movies.Death following a sexual assault allegation. This happened maybe, I don't know, ten or eleven months ago?

Yeah I remember him "resigning" just wasn't sure if he threw a blog up somewhere.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm so glad Faraci got his poo poo rocked. What a tool that guy was.

It was one of the internets more satisfying moments.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah I remember him "resigning" just wasn't sure if he threw a blog up somewhere.

Nah. This is the last thing he tweeted.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

It was one of the internets more satisfying moments.

It was so good because he started grandstanding and someone came ready with a bombshell they'd been sitting on for like 4 years.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It was so good because he started grandstanding and someone came ready with a bombshell they'd been sitting on for like 4 years.

More than that -- the assault happened in 2004. So this woman had been waiting for more than a decade to say, "Uh, wait a minute, no, you don't get to take the high ground here, you sick son of a bitch."

It was glorious.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

HUNDU, I remember you summed up Faraci perfectly when you described him as a wannabe cultural gatekeeper that didn't have the complexity of thought or grasp of history to support it.

Anyway can someone tell me (spoilered) what Snyder's original Superman action was going to be? It's listed in the Whedon changes that he has a motive change but since I don't know the original motive and am having trouble finding it...it doesn't mean much to me now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Anyway can someone tell me (spoilered) what Snyder's original Superman action was going to be? It's listed in the Whedon changes that he has a motive change but since I don't know the original motive and am having trouble finding it...it doesn't mean much to me now.

this will be one of those things we likely will never know. Kinda like the Ant Man rewrites.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

More than that -- the assault happened in 2004. So this woman had been waiting for more than a decade to say, "Uh, wait a minute, no, you don't get to take the high ground here, you sick son of a bitch."

Hot drat.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

HUNDU, I remember you summed up Faraci perfectly when you described him as a wannabe cultural gatekeeper that didn't have the complexity of thought or grasp of history to support it.

He's always struck me as a total buffoon, just a slightly less shameless Harry Knowles.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/justiceleaguewb/status/898589366817218560

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

Because Wonder Woman is popular

Ah yes, feminism is going to save the DCEU dumpster fire, correct?

Also, I believe this rumor about WW killing Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid because Whedon is a major self-identified male feminist.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

RedSpider posted:

Ah yes, feminism is going to save the DCEU dumpster fire, correct?

Also, I believe this rumor about WW killing Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid because Whedon is a major self-identified male feminist.

He's the dumb kind of feminist, a nerd-fantasy/nice-guy feminist. Someone find that article about his women man-hating ways, would you? It was pretty hilarious.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 18, 2017

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is it this one? Where is women characters' being badasses is only limited to how much butt they kick? It just reads like the sort of whitewashed feminism packaged to insecure nerds.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it's a very safe kind of feminism that gives girls the Good-Feels without actually saying anything that might piss a man off

honestly that's sort of Whedon in a nutshell: he just makes the blandest and safest poo poo possible at all times. he's the Soylent of film directors.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The annoying thing, if those spoilers are true, is that it sounds like an actual arc for Cyborg is being shortened or sidelined for more Wonder Woman.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

His Wonder Woman script was pretty bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

His Wonder Woman script was pretty bad.

Mansplaining: The Movie

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Justice League reshoot spoiler
Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.

I hope someone utters the phrase "natural athletic ability" to Cyborg at one point.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ruddiger posted:

I hope someone utters the phrase "natural athletic ability" to Cyborg at one point.

Whedon: It's a compliment!

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Who gives a fffffffffuck about cyborg

He looks so insanely lame. He is so insanely lame

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fartbox posted:

He's not lame at all. He's got natural cybernetic abilities.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fartbox posted:

He's fun as gently caress on Teen Titans and TT Go, and there's a lot of room to make his characterization interesting (which it seems like Snyder was gonna roll with until Whedon went "nope he must be bland")

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Looking forward to five years of "every strength of the movie was Whedon/Snyder, every flaw of the movie was Snyder/Whedon."

Did not expect it to start with 'random contextless spoilers" I admit.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Drifter posted:

He's the dumb kind of feminist, a nerd-fantasy/nice-guy feminist. Someone find that article about his women man-hating ways, would you? It was pretty hilarious.

I'll never forget the huge IM WITH HILLARY spiel a month or so back that was so long he posted it to Twitter as an image file. I don't think I ever felt so embarrassed on behalf of another person, especially one I don't have particularly strong feelings for either way

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Remember when Whedon was tweeting sexist poo poo about Nicole Kidman?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
TBF Zac Snyder is a quiverfull maniac or something. Joss Whedon doesn't look like he's ever been hard. Will the merging of the two create an Apollonian superbeing...or a Dionysian monster?

Edit: The best part of the Faraci thing was his response was like I don't remember this but I probably did it. Ahaha.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mr. Apollo posted:

:doom: I want my darky dark of darkest darkiest darkness Snyder DCU. For gently caress sakes that sets the tone for DARKsied and DEATH/OBLIVION that is associated with him.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Gatts posted:

:doom: I want my darky dark of darkest darkiest darkness Snyder DCU. For gently caress sakes that sets the tone for DARKsied and DEATH/OBLIVION that is associated with him.

Warner saw what Marvel was doing with Thanos and that jort-wearing wrestler look and decided they wanted to mooch off of that action.

If such a beast exists, I'd love to see an untouched Snyder cut of the movie. I'm not sure what Joss Whedon is going to bring to the film, rumors notwithstanding, but I'm ambivalent about him in general and I feel real bad for Batgirl fans.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

MariusLecter posted:

Then what's the point of any of this???
I wanna see Darkseid throw down with Superman and some drat Omega Beams :argh:

Sounds good but it's probably executed badly. :(

"Hey guys...remember the Titans!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

porfiria posted:

TBF Zac Snyder is a quiverfull maniac or something.

He was raised Christian Scientist and, by all appearances, is currently an Anglican/Episcopalian. He's not Quiverfull, dude just has a lot of kids.