Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

Garrosh is just a worse Diablo.

I'm not sure how you reached this conclusion, given that Garrosh can influence enemy positioning without sacrificing his own and Diablo can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Cause diablo has 7500 hp!!!

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

No Wave posted:

The two stukov heroic choices is probably the most fun heroic choice in the game. You seriously have to weigh both options.

His level 20 talents are a disaster ofc.

His ult upgrades were buffed and are both good choices now. Controlled chaos reduced the internal CD to 1 second, and has a bigger knockback, and reduces overall CD per charge more now. The faster push one needs less pushing time to get the CD reduction (it was always good though because less time spent being incapacitated is a good thing for Stukov)

They aren't really game changing talents like some 20's are, but they are no longer "spending a talent point is a downgrade" bad.

No Wave posted:

Still can't make sense of Tyrande or how some people manage to rack up so much damage with her. Is it just hunter's mark?
It's mainly Darnassian Archery. Each hero attack increases your damage by +5%, stacking indefinitely so long as you only attack heroes and attack once every 4 second. Lunar Blaze also stacks like crazy.

My favorite build looks like this:
1. Lunar Blaze. Removing that mana cost and the range increase are huge, on top of the damage.
4. Moonlit Arrows is always a good choice. Kaldorei resistance is good too if the enemy team has a lot of ability damage, especially if there other sources of Spell armor on your team.
7. Darnassian Archery.
10. Shadowstalk
13. Harsh Moonlight. 30% is a huge damage decrease, and by the time you get this talent you should have good piercing on Sentinel. Great to use on people diving you.
16. Mark of Mending.
20. Shooting Star is good if you've built up your Lunar Blaze stacks enough. Iceblade Arrows is good too. Take your pick.

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 17, 2017

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
How do I use Kharazim effectively?

His damage build wishes it could aspire to mediocrity and his healing-focused talents raise him to... barely passable.

I feel he needs another support on the map. Or is he just not at a good position at present?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm glad I rerolled that legendary Twitch crate 3 times for 400 shards!

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Rhadamanthus posted:

His damage build wishes it could aspire to mediocrity and his healing-focused talents raise him to... barely passable.

I feel he needs another support on the map. Or is he just not at a good position at present?

Go insight if the enemy team is 100% based on sustained damage, otherwise go iron fist + lucio or another offensive healer since he can't really deal with the burst damage people usually go for these days.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

I'm not sure how you reached this conclusion, given that Garrosh can influence enemy positioning without sacrificing his own and Diablo can't.

Diablo does everything else better.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I need to learn Uther. Since everything seems to be burst damage now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rhadamanthus posted:

Go damage build because dead enemies don't deal damage any more.

Play him like a diving assassin who occasionally needs to dash back to his team and push heal.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wish weighted pustule explosion didn't do any damage instead of dealing effectively 0 damage so bad stukov players would stop trying to use it to damage people.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cuntellectual posted:

I wish weighted pustule explosion didn't do any damage instead of dealing effectively 0 damage so bad stukov players would stop trying to use it to damage people.

You mean it has more uses than just making your cooldowns shorter?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

veedubfreak posted:

You mean it has more uses than just making your cooldowns shorter?

It's a pretty nice slow.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Cuntellectual posted:

Then why does Garrosh feel so much more fun

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Shadowlyger posted:

Because you can throw the Nazeebo that trapped you in a wall over a gate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Shadowlyger posted:

Because people who post on SA tend to enjoy irritating their opponents more than they enjoy winning.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
garrosh can walk up the enemy wall during a seige, and pull somone close and toss them out of their base into your horde. It's a wonderful feeling.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cuntellectual posted:

Explain further. Garrosh can get picks much more easily, which is far more valuable in coordinated play than anything Diablo can do. The only thing that I can think of off of the top of my head that Diablo does better than Garrosh is provide a stronger Wombo potential with Apocalypse, but that hardly matters if you win the fight before it really starts by flipping an enemy into your team.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

No Wave posted:

Because people who post on SA tend to enjoy irritating their opponents more than they enjoy winning.

Next you'll tell me Techies, the most fun hero in Dota 2, isn't actually very good.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I just had a QM with with my wife where we went Jaina + Valla, and we got Battlefield of Eternity. I ran interference while she Rancor'd the gently caress out of the immortal. We ended the match in 13 minutes with her doing 70% Immortal damage, and my having the highest hero damage in the game, twice the 2nd guy's. It was kinda stupid.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I just had a QM with with my wife where we went Jaina + Valla, and we got Battlefield of Eternity. I ran interference while she Rancor'd the gently caress out of the immortal. We ended the match in 13 minutes with her doing 70% Immortal damage, and my having the highest hero damage in the game, twice the 2nd guy's. It was kinda stupid.

It's a lot easier to roll scrubs when you bring in a good player to carry a low MMR scrub. You should ask your wife if her arms are tired.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Toshimo posted:

You should ask your wife if her arms are tired.

:thunk::fh:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cuntellectual posted:

I killed someone with it once after they retreated behind their gate.

Once.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

These single lane brawls are so long. First game we went 58-3 against the worst players I've ever seen and it still took over 10 minutes.

MVP screen post brawl seems new though.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

drat Stukov is a lot of fun to play. More supports like this please Blizz.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/898591030337040384

Finally Junkrat

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

You mistyped Kel'thuzad pretty badly

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Wouldn't junkrat just be stiches? with some differences of course.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

E2M2 posted:

Wouldn't junkrat just be stiches? with some differences of course.

You're thinking of Roadhog.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

me irl

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Kel'Thuzad announcement with matching Naxx skins (That's almost certainly a Zagara skin)

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Maybe its Nezar'Azret?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=123836/nezarazret#comments

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Uther getting a Death Knight skin with the Corrupted Ashbringer would own bones. But my expectation is set at Xul getting a skin that's ever so slightly paler.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm still waiting for a Stitches Roadhog skin.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

That would quite possibly be the biggest wet fart in the history of wet farts that have coalesced into Heroes of the Storm.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's a Nerubian Li-Ming skin

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's a Nerubian Li-Ming skin

A Nubian Li Ming skin? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Does this game not have a very large playerbase anymore? I haven't played in years and tried to pick it up last night, only to find that it took 5 minutes to get matched to any player vs player matches. Everyone seemed to be just doing AI matches instead. Is this normal?

I think the game has cool ideas and is fun to play, especially for non-MOBA people like me. Just don't want to wait so long for matches.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jeremor posted:

Does this game not have a very large playerbase anymore? I haven't played in years and tried to pick it up last night, only to find that it took 5 minutes to get matched to any player vs player matches. Everyone seemed to be just doing AI matches instead. Is this normal?

I think the game has cool ideas and is fun to play, especially for non-MOBA people like me. Just don't want to wait so long for matches.

Which mode did you pick and which hero(es)? Someone like Stukov was recently released and is currently part of the free rotation for the first time. That leads to a lot of people picking him and bumping up the queue time, especially now that the match maker tries to avoid mirror matches.

Edit: that applies if YOU pick Stukov, not to everyone else

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 19, 2017

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Jeremor posted:

My QM queues have been around 30 seconds to 2 min at most, regardless of role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
My Gall and I had an extremely long queue or two last night in duo QM. Surprised us both, since normally it is less than 30s. In the end, we got matched alongside Nova/Auriel/Tassadar and against a more traditional balanced composition. Definitely made for an interesting game!

Other than that, the only lengthy queue times I've noticed have been partying with new players in Vs. AI. My guess is the restrictions in place for new players with regard to maps also segregate them from most of the AI playerbase? After 4-6 games with bot teammates, we switched back to player teammates and it was fast as normal.