Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yup, MHW is going to own if you don't think so sorry about your terrible opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Barroth hyyype. Also World is looking amazing. Had to stop and force YouTube to use high quality for the video, but worth it.

I'm in the Dauntless alpha this weekend through next, so I'll probably report on how that is feeling once I play for a bit tonight if people are interested.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

This looks so goddamn good.

I'm really excited for not-Lavasioth, if only because ceolacanth wyvern was one of my favorite concepts and I was sad it only showed up very briefly. Its attack animation against Barroth is not what I expected, but in a good way. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the attack animations.

I'm also glad for another weird chameleon thing. That wyvern (Kulu-Ya-Ku, apparently) has such a neat style, like some South American art or something. I wonder if it's also going to steal your poo poo with its tongue, or if they'll make it a grapple of some kind.

I like that the only raptor they've shown has unique mechanics. Dodo-raptor carrying random items reminds me of Congalala, but it looks like that'll be a little more significant to pay attention to than what Conga's got in its tail.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want Brachydios but I'm worried he looks too silly/fantastical compared to the other monsters they're using. Great trailer though, good poo poo

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yup, MHW is going to own if you don't think so sorry about your terrible opinion.

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
Just show me Great Wroggi now and I will order a million copies*

*I will not actually order a million copies

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i just wanna see some not-dinos/dragons

gimme kecha wacha, gimme seltas queen, gimme lagombi

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

can't wait for that one guy to complain about not getting MHXX after seeing these trailers lol

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Countblanc posted:

I want Brachydios but I'm worried he looks too silly/fantastical compared to the other monsters they're using. Great trailer though, good poo poo

I want Brachy too, but I think the poor guy could use a break. I don't think he's had a game off since he was created.

I hope they don't reel in the goof factor though. Zin, Lagi, and Glav are all fights I'd really love to see again, but they're a step above mud dinosaur.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

I want Brachy too, but I think the poor guy could use a break. I don't think he's had a game off since he was created.

I hope they don't reel in the goof factor though. Zin, Lagi, and Glav are all fights I'd really love to see again, but they're pretty fantastical.

the chicken and the chameleon look like they've got some real goof potential

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Consider how sad the Guildmarm will be if Brachydios is gone.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I can't believe the guildmarn is dead

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
Yeah I'm looking forward to kleptochicken.

I do hope they retain some goofy looking weapons, though. I understand why they wouldn't show those off in the trailer since they're trying to market this to Americans.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

s.i.r.e. posted:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The pace of this marketing campaign seems pretty swift for a game that was just announced at E3. I hope we get a release date soon because I want to play this game very much

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i need a gif or a clip or something of the hammer somersault right this fuckin second

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mhw looks loving incredible

my one worry is that it'll be too easy

more like mh4u less like mhg

I want to actually have to learn patterns lol

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I've never played a Monster Hunter game before but World has caught my attention. I don't mind challenge but I hope there's enough explanations for players who are playing the series for the first time to not be completely lost.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Geomancing posted:

I've never played a Monster Hunter game before but World has caught my attention. I don't mind challenge but I hope there's enough explanations for players who are playing the series for the first time to not be completely lost.

it definitely looks like they're keeping this in mind, that first tutorial mission they showed off had the new guildmarm's voice chiming in to explain your basic mechanics as you play and stuff like simplifying the armor skills and always showing what buttons you can be pressing in the top right of the screen should help keep things clear for new players

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Countblanc posted:

I think most of the flagship guys will make it in except Lagiacrus because swimming is dead. The people making the games clearly thought they were the coolest monsters to give them that status in the first place. Maybe not the Gore Magala too? I hope Brachydios makes it in because he's my favourite dude.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's pretty hard to get completely lost in a monster hunter title anyway. The basic gameplay loop is so obvious and transparent that there could really be no tutorial at all beyond guiding you to the essential NPCs in town and you'd understand most of the game. There's definitely system mastery involved but it's really intuitive stuff like "monsters take more damage if you hit them in places that aren't covered by hard scales/shells/armor plating" where the only ambiguity is the specific number values.

And if nothing else, MH4 showed that they're very capable of making a game that guides you through the mechanics and learning process quite well.

Latewave
Dec 13, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

I think most of the flagship guys will make it in except Lagiacrus because swimming is dead. The people making the games clearly thought they were the coolest monsters to give them that status in the first place. Maybe not the Gore Magala too? I hope Brachydios makes it in because he's my favourite dude.

Which is sad cause Lagiacrus is my favorite dude. Tri was my first Monster Hunter and I just loved how he looked you know?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They can always just slap Ivory in there and call it a day.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Geomancing posted:

difficulty and obtuseness aren't the same thing

i don't care if it has popups saying THIS IS HOW YOU UPGRADE GEAR

I want to get mercilessly slammed by monsters until I dodge correctly

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

I think Nargacuga would be a good fit in this game. And hope Zinogre makes it in because he's so :krad:

The rest I'm not so confident in them making it. Think they'll focus on new monsters. Plus, don't think be roster size is going to be larger than 30.

Would love to be wrong though!

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Watching a stream of the Dauntless alpha and booooy does this game not look great

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my time with Dauntless was basically that it was Fine. I wasn't wowed by anything (though they did listen to a lot of playtester feedback over the various alphas) but I also didn't hate it. I think it'll be a decent way to scratch the PC hunter itch until World comes out, if not just because its free

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Yeah, it looks like the kind of game I'll play for a while because my friends are pseudo-interested, but we'll all jump ship when MHW comes out unless there are some super secret amazing parts.

But hey, I enjoyed both God Eater games so it's clear I'll gobble up anything vaguely MH-ish.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
English version of the gameplay loop trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZSAKS7NFI

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the new guild assistant being called "the Handler" is really funny

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's true that we in the West do need someone to read for us

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
"Can I hold the book?" "No." "But your finger is covering where I need to go." "Get your butt out there."

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Can't believe there's no music when you complete the quest

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I think Nargacuga would be a good fit in this game. And hope Zinogre makes it in because he's so :krad:

The rest I'm not so confident in them making it. Think they'll focus on new monsters. Plus, don't think be roster size is going to be larger than 30.

Would love to be wrong though!

Brachydios is at least ten times cooler than Zinogre, 9 out of 10 Doodles agree. Rathian, Rathalos, Tigrex, Zinogre, Brachydios, Nargacuga and then whichever of 4U you consider the flagship (probably Gore, but maybe Seregios?) is 7 monsters, that still leaves 23 for your roster of 30 while still having the most famous ones in. I think a perennial fan favourite like Lagombi is an easy in and I'd love to see Deviljho but one of the new guys they've shown seems to be taking that big jerk dinosaur role, so who knows. Its all just hopes and prayers anyway, what I really need is So Tasty.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Two observations from the video:
First, it appears your scout flies will give a popup of nearby gathering points.

Second, this thing.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

EthanSteele posted:

Brachydios is at least ten times cooler than Zinogre, 9 out of 10 Doodles agree. Rathian, Rathalos, Tigrex, Zinogre, Brachydios, Nargacuga and then whichever of 4U you consider the flagship (probably Gore, but maybe Seregios?) is 7 monsters, that still leaves 23 for your roster of 30 while still having the most famous ones in. I think a perennial fan favourite like Lagombi is an easy in and I'd love to see Deviljho but one of the new guys they've shown seems to be taking that big jerk dinosaur role, so who knows. Its all just hopes and prayers anyway, what I really need is So Tasty.

I want it old-skool style, in delicious engrish.

http://tindeck.com/listen/wtsq

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
So far I'm on the 'fine' train for Dauntless. It's OK, still getting the hang of combat, but it's not MH. I'll probably play it until World comes out, and then Ill be all on that train. Leap-slamming things with the hammer is pretty sweet though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zmej posted:

can't wait for that one guy to complain about not getting MHXX after seeing these trailers lol

It's me

But yeah great trailer and I'm glad I can feed my cat sausage.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Glad that Barroth is in though now I'm thinking they meant there would only be a few returning monsters per area rather than total. Hopefully that means we'll get either nargacuga for the jungle or barioth for the ice zone.

All of the new stuff looks great beyond the mudsioth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I hope that Barroth's absence in MHXX, and reappearance in MHW, means that Qurupeco is coming back

• Locked thread