Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Either a case of terrible proofreading or PP thought they could try to slough off some Reptile Hounds clogging up their supply chain but then thought better of it. I'm betting on the latter.

Pagani says War Room will update tomorrow with this (and presumably one more) theme list from the Skorne book.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?272319-Forces-of-Hordes-Skorne-Command-Book-Battle-Host-Theme-Force-Issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

The question is whether the other theme will be Cataphracts or Praetorians of course.

And I think that it's two people with different ideas - either Pagani or Hungerford had spoiled the theme on Facebook weeks ago saying it was Agonizers or Krea for free. Someone then got the genius reptile hound idea to test, but got slapped down.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I'd wager it will be the Immortals theme, and a cataphracts and/or praetorians (I'd love it to be one combined theme because then my Xerxis list with Cetratii and cats would rock) one will come with the Big Dump next month. Disciples will come later in the fall after they test it through CID.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
That immortals theme is scary as hell.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
This may have been covered while I was taking a WMH sabbatical, but how many of you nerds are going to be at GenCon?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Some Trencher stuff got added to warroom. The theme seems to have been omitted but Skorne got one of theirs added.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

head58 posted:

Either a case of terrible proofreading or PP thought they could try to slough off some Reptile Hounds clogging up their supply chain but then thought better of it. I'm betting on the latter.

Pagani says War Room will update tomorrow with this (and presumably one more) theme list from the Skorne book.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?272319-Forces-of-Hordes-Skorne-Command-Book-Battle-Host-Theme-Force-Issue

That's an interesting theme. I get why the Reptile Hounds might be too much-- 8 free points and 2 figures for spending 30 points is a bit much, even if it's worth closer to 6. Though I will say a 7 point very useful light beast for free is nothing to sneeze at either. Kreas also can get some work done in melee if you take drakes, and you could easily play a drake rodeo and then get some free krea to give you extra melee punch plus shooting protection. Xerxis 2 basilisk dude ranch sounds fun, even if I'm missing almost all the models for it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I can't wait to get my hands on Siege 2 but I wish the Triumph update was in War Room as well.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

rantmo posted:

I can't wait to get my hands on Siege 2 but I wish the Triumph update was in War Room as well.

I was hanging for the Kraye update but it seems it's only updated models from Trencher CID that are released early at Gencon.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm loving Siege 2 but I think he does his thing better in Storm Division;

Colonel Markus 'Siege' Brisbane - WJ: +28
- Rocket Turret
- Squire - PC: 0
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)

Storm Strider - PC: 18

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8

Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5

When Triumph's update comes out I'll swap out a Stormclad for him.

Stromblades getting 18 inches up the board and then sitting in cover with mini feat up and maybe an arcane shield thrown in for fun.

Gonna be a fun time :getin:

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Stromblades getting 18 inches up the board and then sitting in cover with mini feat up and maybe an arcane shield thrown in for fun.

You can magic up a hill underneath them for an extra 2 def as well. OK, that doesn't work unfortunately.

I think the feat is probably better used as a threat extension rather than a first turn defensive buff unless your opponent has a lot of guns though.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 17, 2017

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Friendly Fire posted:

I was hanging for the Kraye update but it seems it's only updated models from Trencher CID that are released early at Gencon.

Yeah, I noticed that it was the GenCon release models that went in, but it would have made sense to give Triumph the update it so badly needs. I totally forgot about Kraye though, I am excited to see where he landed.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

rkajdi posted:

That's an interesting theme. I get why the Reptile Hounds might be too much-- 8 free points and 2 figures for spending 30 points is a bit much, even if it's worth closer to 6.

Reptile hounds come separately at 4 points apiece.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm guessing the trencher CID changes aren't going to go live until after gencon to not gently caress up people's lists.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I might have to get that Borka bust you guys. :negative:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fyrbrand posted:

I might have to get that Borka bust you guys. :negative:

DO IT

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

darnon posted:

Reptile hounds come separately at 4 points apiece.

Yup, that's why it was at 8pts and 2 models. Reptile Hounds aren't worth 4pts though, which is part of why you never see them on the table. 3 each is more along the lines of what they do, which was my point. The krea is a much more interesting option IMO, and probably you'll see 3 krea or 2 krea/1 agonizer out of the free models from that list. If skorne beast bricks don't have to pay for their top end support, I think that makes for way for interesting lists for them. I know titans are underperforming, but if they get free agonizers or krea that goes a long way to making them into the Khador of Hordes as far as battlegroups go.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Friendly Fire posted:

You can magic up a hill underneath them for an extra 2 def as well.

I think the feat is probably better used as a threat extension rather than a first turn defensive buff unless your opponent has a lot of guns though.

True. 12 inch threat on the charge is not something to be ignored either. Good times either way.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I miss Mk2 Grissel 1. :smith:

Edit: Screw the previous pics, looks better with my phone right at my desk, haha

Edit edit:

drat that old sculpt was rough.

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 17, 2017

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's an incredible paint job on both models. It's just betrayed by how bad pGrissel used to look. I'm just a little bitter that pMakeda is still with her original derpy sculpt. I think she's the only really bad sculpt left in Hordes from that era.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So the Skorne beast theme dropped. Beasts, PGBH, Zaadesh, Willbreakers, & battle engines. 30 pts of beast/ BEs for a free Krea/agonizer, +2" delpoy, beasts gain hyper aggressive. Is this as fun a last as it seems to me? Lack of hyper aggressive is one the things that made bronzebacks not be good in MK3, and now it is back and everything can have it. It seems like this is a list to help you reach out and touch some gunlines, if they didn't already get the business from Steamroller 2017.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

rkajdi posted:

So the Skorne beast theme dropped. Beasts, PGBH, Zaadesh, Willbreakers, & battle engines. 30 pts of beast/ BEs for a free Krea/agonizer, +2" delpoy, beasts gain hyper aggressive. Is this as fun a last as it seems to me? Lack of hyper aggressive is one the things that made bronzebacks not be good in MK3, and now it is back and everything can have it. It seems like this is a list to help you reach out and touch some gunlines, if they didn't already get the business from Steamroller 2017.

SR2017 is the exact thing that makes me bummed about this list. I play (read: lose) enough against some pretty decent players to know that taking the Skorne beast list means I will lose on scenario 80% of the time.

If you could take really any other solos at least it would be okay, but you are really screwed on scenarios with flags.

I can see an all bug list being cute against gunlines, but also Haley/circle is just gonna TK everyrhing and you are gonna lose

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Or you play into Jaws of the Wolf and get speed 3 heavies with no AD.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

War Room Army

Skorne - Forwarding

Theme: Imperial Warhost
3 / 3 Free Cards 74 / 75 Army

Xerxis, Fury of Halaak - WB: +28
- Agonizer - PC: 0
- Agonizer - PC: 0
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 0
- Tiberion - PC: 22
- Basilisk Drake - PC: 8
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8
- Bronzeback Titan - PC: 18
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 15
- Rhinodon - PC: 12
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

:getin:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Could a list of nothing but/mainly archidons be viable with that theme? Zaadesh2?

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 19, 2017

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

albany academy posted:

Could a list of nothing but/mainly archidons be viable with that theme?

Like most skew armies it depends what you are facing. But unaugmented Archidons don't really have the hitting power to take on a brick or the volume of attacks to take on an infantry swam. If I wanted to spam archidons (and I do) it would be using the Disciples of Agony theme and combining Archidons with Primal and either Morghoul1 or Naaresh. MAT 8 P+S 21 Archidons with free charges are scary.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

albany academy posted:

Could a list of nothing but/mainly archidons be viable with that theme?

I don't think it would be viable, they just don't do enough work. What you could do however, is a Gladiator plus however many Rhinodons you can cram in there. You need at least some PGBH's but it's probably not a bad skew. Problem with pure beast lists is that they basically auto-lose scenario in SR2017 though.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah I'm not super familiar with skorne, but I've always liked archidons and wished skorne had more dinosaur poo poo.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Did any models have changes besides stat lines and abilities change between editions?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

numerrik posted:

Did any models have changes besides stat lines and abilities change between editions?

Agonizers are warbeasts now.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

numerrik posted:

Some solos became Caster Attachments (Rein, Madelyn)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

albany academy posted:

Could a list of nothing but/mainly archidons be viable with that theme? Zaadesh2?

If you are gonna seriously spam archidons, IMO you do it with Naaresh or Mordikaar.

Naaresh because field marshall pain response is :swoon: and Mordikaar because essence blast bombing archidons are hilarious. Even more so with hyper aggressive.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Harkano posted:

Some solos became Caster Attachments (Rein, Madelyn)

One caster and attachment swapped places! Wurmwood/Cassius

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Borka1 in Northkin theme is SO GOOD you guys.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
What happened tell me more.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Thinking about fielding this list later this week, any thoughts? I'm likely to fight circle, menoth, and cygnar. I'm thinking the two forge seers will be constantly juicing up the conquest, letting zerkova spend her focus on cloud walling for the doom reavers. Her feat has been pretty brutal every time I've used her, too.

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Wolves of Winter (Pre-release)

(Zerkova 1) Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova [+28]
- Conquest [37]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
Fenris [9]
Greylord Forge Seer [0(4)]
Greylord Forge Seer [0(4)]
Doom Reaver Swordsmen [13]
Doom Reaver Swordsmen [13]
Greylord Ternion [7]

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Druid theme force announced whoop whoop!

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-08-21-2017

TLDR version

Blackclad casters, units, solos, Celestial Fulcrum and 1 Minion/Mercenary unit and solo.

Free Druid solos or command attachments for 20 points of Druid models
Sac Pawn minion for all black clad models
Upkeep spells begin in play

I am legit excited for this and can't wait to play it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I was holding out hope for support for my poor Satyr warbeasts with the blackclad theme... hopefully the CiD gives them some love.

E: I'll also probably be a lot more excited if they release a solo or UA for mist riders, which i own two dang units of and play pretty frequently.

E:E: The ultimate goat list now gets 2 free blackclad wayfarers which is good I guess.

Morv2
-Brennos
-Gnarlhorn
-Shadowhorn
-Rip Horn
-Gorax
Wayfarer (free)
Wayfarer (free)
Mist Riders
Mist Riders

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 21, 2017

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
The fulcrum is a blackclad model btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

What happened tell me more.

This is what I've been running:

quote:

https://conflictchamber.com/#c7201b_-0G079DiUiX6Gj20li-j5j8bKj3

Trollbloods Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm of the North (CID)

!!! Your army contains CID entries.
!!! You are using a pre-release theme.

(Borka 1) Borka Kegslayer [+28]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Rok [19]
- Troll Basher [7]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Valka Curseborn, Chieftain of the North [0(6)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Northkin Elder [3]
Northkin Raiders (max) [15]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [0(5)]
Hearthgut Hooch Hauler [18]

The Raiders with Arcane Ward are shockingly difficult to deal with, especially supported by a Hootch Hauler and Krielstone. All the infantry can do some serious work with the Northkin Elder damage buff, and there's a fell caller to give +2 to hit if needed. Champs destroy the world when they get there (and Sanguine Bond and/or Arcane Ward make sure they do). Borka and Valka are also major threats with the STR buff and stuff too. It's been a very tough nut for my opponents to crack. It's also fun to play, with layered buffs, a caster that wants to wade in himself, and some funny stuff too like Stumbling Drunk. I really love it and don't want to play vanilla trolls now, heh.

I'd forgotten the Elder dropped to 3pts, which is super helpful. I'd been considering dropping the Mauler, and now I can do that and have enough points for a Brawler. I'll have to test it out for sure.