Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Like unironically. My favorite wrestlers of all time are Mick Foley and CM Punk, I've been huge fans of Joe and Styles forever, AmDrag has always owned.

But there's something beautiful about Kevin Nash loving with the horrible, horrible system that is pro-wrestling and I appreciate every aspect of what he's done as he's grown older and shown us all what a working class wrestler should really aspire to. He showed the Young Bucks how to milk a local promoter.

If only he put over Punk in 2011 all my negativity towards him would be gone.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Like unironically. My favorite wrestlers of all time are Mick Foley and CM Punk, I've been huge fans of Joe and Styles forever, AmDrag has always owned.

But there's something beautiful about Kevin Nash loving with the horrible, horrible system that is pro-wrestling and I appreciate every aspect of what he's done as he's grown older and shown us all what a working class wrestler should really aspire to. He showed the Young Bucks how to milk a local promoter.

He kinda looked stupid in that reply tho because the dude was agreeing with him.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He kinda looked stupid in that reply tho because the dude was agreeing with him.

with all the people defending nazism lately i can understand if he was on a hair trigger there.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
As dumb as I think brandishing a gun is, of course Kevin Nash uses a loving Desert Eagle.

When I was a kid and knew nothing of the 'industry', I thought Nash was the (absolute) coolest. Now I know more about the inner workings of wrestling, I still think Nash is the (relative) coolest.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/898477886847537154

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

King

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mercedes was one of the last big Twitter/social media hold outs:

https://twitter.com/RealMMartinez/status/898546172205420544

Good sign in terms of her getting signed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Antifa Nash owns

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O960iAS3V7s

There's a decent bit of irony in this promo given Nash is saying all this but it's still so good. Far as I'm concerned, even in the talent-rich Kliq, he was always the best talker and the most charismatic.

JR said Nash was the best businessman in wrestling and he was absolutely right. Whatever his work ethic or politics, he is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, pure success stories in prowrestling history.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

He was a wise addition to my feed.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Speaking of Nash's politics and Twitter, I also was listening to JR's podcast with Kane who is apparently running for county mayor as a Republican. He's a Libertarian though but whatever. Apparently Mr. Jacobs has been very open about his politics for years.

Anyway it made me curious and I did some quick Googling and it looks like Twitter and other "social media" has been a great source of information on wrestlers' politics. Lots of pro or anti Trump stuff. I knew The Rock was a Republican ("fiscal conservative socially liberal") but Cena being a racist dick is surprising. Foley, Punk and Bryan being Dems is less surprising.

Obviously it's no surprise to anyone that pro-wrestling in general leans Right but I kinda figured with the Monday Night Wars revolution, things might have changed. Like, Candice Michelle is a Democrat and that's good and sensible given what she does/did. But it looks like in spite of common sense, some wrestlers still go Republican. (fuckin' Booker T supporting Trump for being "real", Flair voting for Huckabee)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cena's from basically Boston, it's not surprising.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The South is the racist place, and Boston is an aberration of the North.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Big Sexy

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The South isn't as racist as it used to be. Lots of Democrats fighting back here in Texas at least.

Even though the whole book was great, my favorite part of Death of WCW was the ending which listed everything TNA has done wrong. Specifically, I bring this up because it mentioned one guy was on tape wearing an SS shirt. Googling, I found out this guy is one half of "Skip and Flip" I remember from my childhood. They also have SS tattoos they got while working for Heyman.

The wrestling world is insane.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

NikkolasKing posted:

The South isn't as racist as it used to be. Lots of Democrats fighting back here in Texas at least.

Even though the whole book was great, my favorite part of Death of WCW was the ending which listed everything TNA has done wrong. Specifically, I bring this up because it mentioned one guy was on tape wearing an SS shirt. Googling, I found out this guy is one half of "Skip and Flip" I remember from my childhood. They also have SS tattoos they got while working for Heyman.

The wrestling world is insane.

If you're talking about known Neo-Nazis the Harris brothers, they got fired when Raven recommended they show Paul their cool new SS tattoos.

They also nearly bought TNA in past year.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Go RV! posted:

If you're talking about known Neo-Nazis the Harris brothers, they got fired when Raven recommended they show Paul their cool new SS tattoos.

They also nearly bought TNA in past year.

It was Raven who put them up to that?

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005
You guys obsess about politics way to much.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ChineseConnection posted:

gently caress off

https://twitter.com/TheIndyCorner/status/898648338400071680

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/898653922348244992

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I remember Maria Kanellis had on her twitter profile that she was a demsoc, but she scrubbed it uring the election season.

Inoki, Hase and Onita all got elected by the LDP so they're presumably conservative.

ZSJ is obviously a lefty.

Can't think of anyone else who's both extremely online, political and a wrestler.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

NikkolasKing posted:

Cena being a racist dick is surprising.

What's your source for this? Racist dicks tend to not do PSAs that tell people to not be a racist dick, and John did.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Daryl just recovered and already bumping like mad! :daryl:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

god damnit everyone stop hurting daryl :mad:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Two Beans posted:

What's your source for this? Racist dicks tend to not do PSAs that tell people to not be a racist dick, and John did.

I was probably jumping the gun to be honest. I was mainly going on his reported approval of deporting President Obama's illegal immigrant aunt.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/196189-john-cena-on-barack-obama-politics-if-wrestling-is-real

I dunno. If Cena is racist it's probably in the way a lot of people are racist. I'm no one to judge or condemn others for having..."mildly" unpleasant views, seeing as I've had plenty of those in my life, too.

So I apologize for being a bit too flippant.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

I was probably jumping the gun to be honest. I was mainly going on his reported approval of deporting President Obama's illegal immigrant aunt.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/196189-john-cena-on-barack-obama-politics-if-wrestling-is-real

I dunno. If Cena is racist it's probably in the way a lot of people are racist. I'm no one to judge or condemn others for having..."mildly" unpleasant views, seeing as I've had plenty of those in my life, too.

So I apologize for being a bit too flippant.

Hard to gauge Cena's politics now, he pretty clearly had an awakening in 2010 or 2011 where he made a big to do about swearing off homophobic jokes and such, and has been pretty outspoken on inclusion ever since.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Unsubscribing from Being The Elite right now #FTE #FuckTheElite.

What'll the Bullet Club do to him next, have Kenny hit him with a V-Trigger and then a One-Winged Angel? Have Cody paint him as Daryldust? Make Daryl watch an Adam Page match?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Unsubscribing from Being The Elite right now #FTE #FuckTheElite.

What'll the Bullet Club do to him next, have Kenny hit him with a V-Trigger and then a One-Winged Angel? Have Cody paint him as Daryldust? Make Daryl watch an Adam Page match?

Sign him to WWE contract on the main roster

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

NikkolasKing posted:

I just hope that the Austin DSA can get rid of their powermad cop chair

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/898658194045624320

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Killing their gimmick here https://twitter.com/DashWilderWWE/status/898634550946873344

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/898707739211292672

real pro wrestling has arrived to the white house

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ChineseConnection posted:

They are fighting the good fight here in the wrestling section of the internet forum "Something Awful" and how dare you criticize their obsessive research into Which Half-Naked Fake Fighters Think The Wrong Things

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zzz

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

let's talk about how irs is part of the deep state

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

societies ills can be helped by redistributing "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase's ill earned wealth to help fund healthcare, education, and real social safety nets

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Two Beans posted:

Racist dicks tend to not do PSAs that tell people to not be a racist dick, and John did.

come on man do you even really believe this? hulk hogan did an entire episode of walker texas ranger about the evils of racism and he's an on tape confirmed bigot. I'm pretty sure i've seen a lot of our favorite wrestlers telling kids to say no to drugs and uh, well.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
double

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Walker told me I have AIDS.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

C. Everett Koop posted:

let's talk about how irs is part of the deep state
(((Irwin R. Shyster))) huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

societies ills can be helped by redistributing "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase's ill earned wealth to help fund healthcare, education, and real social safety nets

Look if he spends all of his exactly one million dollars on all of those things, that'll only leave him with only exactly one million dollars left!