Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I've never watched/played the TT walking dead stuff, part of me's wondering if I should just watch part 2 and 3 of the let's play and just pretend that part one never existed, so I won't be as disappointed.

4 David Cage LPs and it's Telltale's the Walking Dead that you have apprehension about watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

4 David Cage LPs and it's Telltale's the Walking Dead that you have apprehension about watching.

You misunderstand my concern. I know going in that cage games are all terrible. However, the general consensus is that season 1 of telltale the walking dead is really good while the other 2 season are garbage. I may just skip the first one so I can avoid the disappointment of learning how good the game was and could have been.

I also like it when the friends play bad games more than good ones.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You need to watch part one to be properly angry alongside The Boys during 2 and 3.

Also to get to know and like Clem. Otherwise she might not appeal to you in 2 and particularly 3.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Walking Dead isn't so sanctimonious that you need to not watch the LPs. That's weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jesus turning out to have actually have gained skills from the Fire Emblem Blazing and Binding Blade games along with sick Shadow the Hedgehog Kung Fu was the best.

The longer the Walking Dead goes on trying to take itself seriously as a people have a conversation in the middle of a road only to turn around and suddenly discover 30, previously as silent as a fork, zombies shambling towards them and only making sounds once observed like someone read what a Weeping Angel was while drunk, the less I'm into it. I'm just shocked they left them zombies and didn't start making pus cannon zombies or intestine snare zombies or some other kind of weird infected.

Phantasium posted:

The Walking Dead isn't so sanctimonious that you need to not watch the LPs. That's weird.

It's also not so important that you do need to watch it. None of this matters, in the end.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean sure, but when you're deliberately not watching something to maintain it's purity against the bad stuff you do want to watch that is also bizarre.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 18, 2017

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Phantasium posted:

I mean sure, but when you're deliberately not watching something to maintain it's purity against the bad stuff you do want to watch that is also bizarre.

eh it was more of a passing thought.

gently caress it might as well watch em all!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It also helps that the wd1 lp is often considered one of their classic lps.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

A desire to enjoy good things is nothing to be ridiculed. If they would much rather watch some Last of Us, Guacamelee, Revengeance, or Yakuza instead of dipping into bad Telltale, Evil Within, or Minecraft story mode there's nothing wrong with that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

A desire to enjoy good things is nothing to be ridiculed. If they would much rather watch some Last of Us, Guacamelee, Revengeance, or Yakuza instead of dipping into bad Telltale, Evil Within, or Minecraft story mode there's nothing wrong with that.

You're misunderstanding me, I think, they were saying they didn't want to watch the LPs of the good game so that they could enjoy the LPs of the bad games. Key word being were as this is all nonsense, now (none of the Walking Dead LPs are bad, I don't think).

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Aside from being genuinely cute and funny, I love the Telltale Borderlands game just for how hard it rolls Gearbox in being funnier than they ever made their own setting, I actually wanted some more after it was over, which isn't really something I can say for the 'real' Borderlands games, despite them being fun enough at times.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

pat actually crying at the end and matt making fun of him for it is a classic all time moment

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Minecraft actually forced them to pay attention to the dialogue today. How conniving.
Also when did Pat mention his immunity to opiates, because holy poo poo going all life without painkillers or anesthetic sounds horrible.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

HGH posted:

Minecraft actually forced them to pay attention to the dialogue today. How conniving.
Also when did Pat mention his immunity to opiates, because holy poo poo going all life without painkillers or anesthetic sounds horrible.

Not immune but gingers has some weird super powered opioid tolerance and they're harder to keep under during surgery.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not immune but gingers has some weird super powered opioid tolerance and they're harder to keep under during surgery.

My beards red and I got this hardcore, basically nothing works on me, so I have to either get knocked out fully(which still takes a truckload), or do it without it. On the bright side, watching someone who can't read my loving file where it's said that poo poo don't work well on me get really confused due to me being lucid after the third batch of full body anesthetics is kinda worth it.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

It'd be interesting to go back and see the Jurassic Park Telltale game. It was their first attempt at a "david cage" style game, before Walking Dead S1, and even at the time everyone said it was dogshit

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They did play some of it on the channel, it just wasn't a full LP.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is this new SMS a secret sequel to Dong Dong?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is this new SMS a secret sequel to Dong Dong?

Sango Fighter has actually existed long before Dong Dong, I remember playing the original version (or a demo of it) in like the early 90s.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efsda1J5lPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5ddJtlexk

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Paige is currently saying drinking milk is gross

this is right after Pat exposed her for drinking literal lemon cooking oil

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Milk is gross tho

Almond milk is alright.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Milk is amazing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Things made with milk, ok

Milk straight, not ok

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Things made with milk, ok

Milk straight, not ok

Milk straight is amazing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Amazingly bad.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
And our first Scene from a Hat is "Two Idiots Arguing on the Internet!"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Whose Whine is it Anyway?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Deleter posted:

And our first Scene from a Hat is "Two Idiots Arguing on the Internet!"

Starring Captain Invictus in his 20th major role!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Whose Whine is it Anyway?

The posts are made up and the ad hominem doesn't matter.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm so glad they're doing a full LP of Marc Ecko's Gettin' Up because I've been suggesting it a tonne for Cryme Tyme. I remember really enjoying the game when it came out, but it has noooot aged well.

Also it gets ridiculously difficult later on, so that'll be funny.

(e): Oh my god, Matt's going to go through the entire game without realizing he CAN pick which piece he does by using the D-pad, or that he can use intuition to tell him where to paint, isn't he?

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 19, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

It spawned "Nobody fucks with us."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Woolie's going to actually kill someone at this rate.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Pat and Woolie's weird-rear end point and click adventures continue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
oh my loving god policenauts

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

oh my loving god policenauts

Pat & Woolie Policenauts.

This is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWcecAHiOys

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They are picking some particularly choice games

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiE7ZEQvSc

Wait is Pat actually evil? :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hahah, holy poo poo, Pat is a legitimately reprehensible person. He COST SOMEONE THEIR JOB because they got a video game console before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

At least he understands how lovely he's being; I feel like if he did a big crime and the cops came to arrest him, he'd shrug, say "That's fair", and get cuffed. I guess that makes it better?

So maybe not evil, but selfish for sure.