Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
does anyone have the GSF gaoranger? the only torrent is dead

edit never mind i just didnt have my folder organized right

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

:agreed:

Hope they've still got something cool in store for her, at least. Ex-Aid has been kinder to its female riders than any other KR I can think of, really hoping they don't drop the ball in the home stretch.

Good news: She's in True Ending, which is set after the series, so she can't die.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Finally catching up to Ex-Aid. I'm on episode 17. I guess this is a nice break in a weird episode sort of way.

Edit: Also, what's the point of Nico besides adding another female character to the cast? I guess it's to give Taiga someone to bounce off of since he's generally in his own little corner reserved for secondary/tertiary Riders.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 16, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Xelkelvos posted:

I guess it's to give Taiga someone to bounce off of
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Xelkelvos posted:

I guess it's to give Taiga someone to bounce off of

It's not well explained in the show because it was left to the Snipe 1&2 mini, but Taiga really needs a friend.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Finished up to 24 and I assume everyone also hated the Lvl99 suit? It's super toyetic, but it looks awful to do anything in.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Xelkelvos posted:

Finished up to 24 and I assume everyone also hated the Lvl99 suit? It's super toyetic, but it looks awful to do anything in.

maybe this is just grandpa's sour grapes, but the people go all in on ex-aid seem to not care about the maximum mighty suit because it's stupid in a characteristically ex-aid way making it cute and/or hilarious in spite of it being terrible looking and bad for action

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It's not horrible but it is incredibly bulky. Final form has better build but I find it tad gaudy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
:shrug: It's a toy show first. I shouldn't expect any more.

Something I'm wondering as I start episode 27: This is the third or fourth series I've what are essentially "generic" riders in. Did it start with Wizard and the Kamen Rider Mages or were there something similar before that?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

Something I'm wondering as I start episode 27: This is the third or fourth series I've what are essentially "generic" riders in. Did it start with Wizard and the Kamen Rider Mages or were there something similar before that?

Faiz had some generic storm trooper riders called Riotroopers. I believe they were the first ones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Kabuto had a couple cases of multiple people being the same Rider at different points, but I don't think we had a generic Rider til then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Category%3ARider_Troops

Here's the article I'm looking for. Wizard was the first Neo Heisei series to do it, but they were an alternate villainous grunt in Faiz and normal grunts in Kabuto.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Kabuto had a couple cases of multiple people being the same Rider at different points, but I don't think we had a generic Rider til then.

Yeah, TheBee got passed around a lot in that series but I think the first generic Riders were the Riotroopers from Faiz (though there were some Shocker developed Rider clones that appeared towards the end of the original series if you want to count those).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The funny thing is, they weren't even clones.

They were just straight up loyal to Shocker Kamen Riders.

For the most part, when an evil doppelganger showed up in the Showa series, it was a monster pretending to be a Rider. It's why Shadow Moon got so much love and attention

But yeah, the depending on what you count as generic Rider, the original would be the first group of evil Kamen Riders.

Otherwise if you mean foot soldiers, Fiaz or Kamen Rider The Next would be your best bet

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This has probably come up before, but I really love the way they wrote Masamune's dialogue. If he's not putting up a facade he literally never uses anyone's name, rather referring to them solely as product, it's great.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I actually like Maximum Mighty X, it's like a grown up level 1; not that good for fight scenes though.
But the gameshark that is Muteki is gaudy in the best way and I like how they tackled literally invincible still not being enough to win all fights.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 16, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zedd posted:

I actually like Maximum Mighty X, it's like a grown up level 1; not that good for fight scenes though.
But the gameshark that is Muteki is gaudy in the best way and I like how they tackled literally invincible still not being enough to win all fights.

I liked how that all panned out a lot. Like, he could brute force the fight, but it would have been a stalemate against Gemdeus Masumune if his friends hadn't been there. Being invincible only goes so far if your attacks are just doing chip damage to the boss.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Ex-Aid as a series has possibly the most bizarre and interesting series of forms yet. At this point most of them have really unique and bizarre powers that have made every fight a little weird and different, like pausing, delayed finishers, invincibility, reprogramming, continues, power-up access, splitting in two in order to access your brain tumor who is also your little brother... A lot of things have had continued re-uses for their specific powers as well. It's been interesting.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
The cool thing about Maximum is it can fight independent of Ex-Aid himself, though I think that's only happened once or twice.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The full version of Wish in the Dark is out in the wild if you were waiting for it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/DickeyeSmash/status/897921936130547713

three hundred dollars later

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

The full version of Wish in the Dark is out in the wild if you were waiting for it.

I may be asking for too much, but I hope someone translates it. It's a godly song, I think Dan Kuroto God deserves us knowing what the lyrics say.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Xelkelvos posted:

NO, MAN, NO

TOYS CAN LOOK COOL

THERE'S A REASON TRANSFORMERS TOOK OFF AND GOBOTS DIDN'T

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The best part of Maximum Mighty X is when Emu ejects out of it and kicks a ton of rear end as the level 99 version of his base form, which kind of makes the armor a failure imo.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

OnimaruXLR posted:

NO, MAN, NO

TOYS CAN LOOK COOL

THERE'S A REASON TRANSFORMERS TOOK OFF AND GOBOTS DIDN'T

And that reason is marketing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Someone post the ET homage, cause that's the best thing about Maximum Mighty Action X

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I kind of want Masamune Dan to break out into song now. It wouldn't even be that out of character for the idiot to sing his own final boss ominous latin chanting. :P

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gourdcaptain posted:

I kind of want Masamune Dan to break out into song now. It wouldn't even be that out of character for the idiot to sing his own final boss ominous latin chanting. :P

He'd probably sing JUSTICE rather than Wish in the dark though. That is his song, after all.

Restart!

Also the toku fandom genuinely needs a group entirely focused on translating songs.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

He already did that actually, in the show! That time they did the showdown in the garden, he was humming his song. :eng101:

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Ignis posted:

He already did that actually, in the show! That time they did the showdown in the garden, he was humming his song. :eng101:

And now I'm reminded of the bit in Faiz where it turns out that the ominous Latin chanting in Murakami's office is actually him playing a CD in universe to sound cooler. I love how lame that guy is.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The best part of Maximum Mighty X was when Emu and Hiiro transformed at the same time and it bumped into the Taddle Fantasy armor during the summon animation.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The best part of MMX is when it sort of ambles around on it's own and shoots lasers out of it's giant eyes.

It also has a dual purpose in a crossover film I watched raw and don't believe has been subbed yet: The Kyurangers make MMX grow to Megazord size, and a huge rear end Emu stomps around the field fighting alongside the Kyu-robo. That seems like something that would betray the essence of Kamen Rider, but it works given that dumb suit.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EDIT: Absolutely yes, that scene would have been way more stupid with any suit besides MMX.

Broken Loose posted:

The best part of Maximum Mighty X was when Emu and Hiiro transformed at the same time and it bumped into the Taddle Fantasy armor during the summon animation.

I love when they do transformation/costume gags like that. Movie Wars Full Throttle is pretty bad for the most part but the part when Drive and Gaim are too bulky to get into Tridoron and have to go back to base forms to sit down is the best.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 17, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Finally getting to Ex-Aid episode 2 and I love that a villain in this show is an actual pallette swap and they called it out.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Muteki has dreadlocks. Why?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Xelkelvos posted:

Well he used them to spinthrow Chronos at one point, that was rad.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

In my heart, I want to believe that SHIN Dan Kuroto decided to make a reference to Super Saiyan 3.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Dan loving loved Saint Seiya as a kid.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Hyper Muteki is supposed to be a dynasty warriors (musou) game, so based on someone from that maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Motto posted:

Hyper Muteki is supposed to be a dynasty warriors (musou) game, so based on someone from that maybe?

...is it? I thought it was just supposed to be Dan's Game Genie that hacks invincibility into you. I'm pretty sure it's a Super Sonic/Super Saiyan joke.

• Locked thread