Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

There's a 4chan post about a NiceGuyTM who carried his printer two miles to a girl's house so he could do a favor and thus have a chat with her. She ignores him for other guys while he does the printing job at her computer.

He didn't even get a hug. :smith:

At least Ser Friendzone got the hug. :unsmith:

Also, to goonily correct you, she only ignored him for one guy, her boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jorah being king of the friend zone doesn't make sense on the show. he's better looking than anyone she fucks. he made sense in the book because he looked like a goon.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He still acts like a goon. She ain't into that pedestal poo poo he's trying to put her on, she just wants someone on her level.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, he was just some big hairy dude. Dany's big sticking point on not being with him was not finding him attractive. Like she has feelings for him but doesn't think he's fuckable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So now that we know the NK is a load bearing boss and that Dany is gonna get pregs because she's mentioned a few times how she "can't", do you think Jon is going to die fighting the NK, will let the NK live (because it's Bran), or will become the NK? Because I think those are the only possible ways this ends if GRRM wrote it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

jorah being king of the friend zone doesn't make sense on the show. he's better looking than anyone she fucks. he made sense in the book because he looked like a goon.

yeah he and jaime are clearly at the top of the tier and then jon's middle of the pack at best but nope here she is pining for the guy who's shorter than the actual dwarf

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They announced the spin off series, its Robert's Rebellion.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tenzarin posted:

I know they're too old for the series, but I hope they figure out a way to work Sean Bean and Mark Addy in somehow. Maybe bookends or something, I dunno, but they were the best thing about season one and I'd love to get more of them. Definitely was not impressed by young Ned in the ToJ flashback and hope they recast.

Swole as gently caress Tom Hardy would be fine for young Robert though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dany and Jaime falling in ~love~ would be infinitely more interesting than Dany/Jon

I really like Jon Snow as a character but Harrington just can not do romance scenes to save his fookin' life

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Tenzarin posted:

They did? Where? I'm not seeing anything through google.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

In It For The Tank posted:

It was right after GRRM announced the release date of Winds of Winter. Check his blog.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

In It For The Tank posted:

You gotta wait till Bran watches it on his Treevo. Maybe Treevr sounds better.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

WampaLord posted:

He still acts like a goon. She ain't into that pedestal poo poo he's trying to put her on, she just wants someone on her level.

The girl with 15 self appointed titles doesnt want to be put on a pedestal lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

banned from Starbucks posted:

The girl with 15 self appointed titles doesnt want to be put on a pedestal lol

There is no way to have this discussion without getting into the gross views on gender in the series and nobody wants to have that discussion

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

LinYutang posted:

So why didn't Jon jump on the dragon immediately instead of staying behind to whack at a few more skeletons

Because he is that one guy in MMOs that pulls every mob in a room cause it's extra exp. He was trying to grind an extra Lvl Up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

There is no way to have this discussion without getting into the gross views on gender in the series and nobody wants to have that discussion

As someone with a vagina, the only gross view of gender in this show (to me) is the writers thinking that all you need for a strong female character is for her to be good at fighting and sass.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

LinYutang posted:

So why didn't Jon jump on the dragon immediately instead of staying behind to whack at a few more skeletons

he needed 5 more for an achievement

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

As someone with a vagina, the only gross view of gender in this show (to me) is the writers thinking that all you need for a strong female character is for her to be good at fighting and sass.

I wasn't saying the series only has gross views on the female gender.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
gently caress Daenerys, this ship is ready to sail

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

I wasn't saying the series only has gross views on the female gender.

Touche~

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

lezard_valeth posted:

gently caress Daenerys, this ship is ready to sail

woot

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Arya was played by Hannibal Lector this episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Arya's scenes the past three seasons would be about 100x more engaging if Hopkins, Mikkelson or Cox were playing her.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

There's a 4chan post about a NiceGuyTM who carried his printer two miles to a girl's house so he could do a favor and thus have a chat with her. She ignores him for other guys while he does the printing job at her computer.

4chan post? Buddy, the printer story came from here.

https://www.somethingawful.com/great-goon-database/great-goon-best/3/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

Arya's scenes the past three seasons would be about 100x more engaging if Hopkins, Mikkelson or Cox were playing her.

Well yeah, they can act.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
where were those awesome northern scenes filmed? i'm guessing the cost of filming in cold weather like that was too prohibitive to do for more than an episode

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

LinYutang posted:

Just rewatched the episode and caught a hilarious little detail. In the rescue sequence, Jon looks to the right and then to the left to see wights getting blasted by dragonfire. One would think that Daenerys was being smart and carving a circle pattern in the lake around the island to prevent more wights from approaching but AHAHAHA season 7 and Daenerys out of all people, we can't expect her to do something smart.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 19, 2017

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

where were those awesome northern scenes filmed? i'm guessing the cost of filming in cold weather like that was too prohibitive to do for more than an episode

Iceland

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's old, dude

Like really old. An old man. Not everyone wants to gently caress their dad

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Fartbox posted:

He's old, dude

Dany strikes me as the kind of person who would. Dunno why.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Dany strikes me as the kind of person who would. Dunno why.

You're talking about a girl who doesnt wanna fook this beauttiful bastard because hes too small.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I thought Dany meant he wasn't worthy. Sure he's a king but he's a bastard and so isn't a fit husband for a true queen.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
She apologizes to Tyrion after making the too little remark, it is in no way ambiguous.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fartbox posted:

He's old, dude

yeah women definitely don't ever date guys way older than them.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

She dumped the rogue in Mereen because she wanted to make allies in Westeros. What does an old guy without a title or a kingdom offer?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leave it to goons to advocate for Ser Friendzone.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Bates posted:

She dumped the rogue in Mereen because she wanted to make allies in Westeros. What does an old guy without a title or a kingdom offer?

She left him there because the writers needed Jon to have a clear path to her pussy. If she wanted to make marriage alliances, she could already have offered one to either Jon, Robert Arryn, Euron, Jaime or even Dickon Tarly, but she didn't and seems to prefer the "kneel or roast" way of her father.

Additionally Dany is very passive when it comes to her sex life on the show. All her lovers have to come to her and take her instead of her seducing them. Jorah is simply to much of an beta to take the initiative, go into her rooms and take what he wants.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 19, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Leave it to goons to advocate for Ser Friendzone.

You have King in the North, Lord Commander Jon "No Heart" Snow, The Unfrozen, lover of Dragons, Merker of White Walkers, Brother of No One.

I'd take Ser Friendzone too, Jon's got a lot going on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

I'd take Ser Friendzone too, Jon's got a lot going on.

You just know that Jorah would have a "Jason Biggs with Shannon Elizabeth in American Pie" moment the second he saw her naked, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WampaLord posted:

You just know that Jorah would have a "Jason Biggs with Shannon Elizabeth in American Pie" moment the second he saw her naked, right?

edit:

Never mind. Thought that was the redhead.

• Locked thread