Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

comatose posted:

The fact that they never fixed them and never really acknowledged them.
Hey, Turn 10, there's a problem with _________________.

(Insert answer from above)

That's pretty much always been their response to anything wrong with their games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The best part of Maple Valley was turning in enough to stay out of the wall at the exit, but not so much that you clip in inside wall.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I guess one way to look at it is that a real track with such a configuration would definitely end up getting modified for safety reasons.

I agree though, they should offer an "old pit" configuration similarly to how they offer "Old Mulsanne" on Le Mans for those of us who want our virtual racers to be risking their lives every time they go out.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The only thing Old Mulsanne will damage is a transmission with high final drive ratio.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I forgot how fun (read: dangerous) Maple Valley was. Doing barrel rolls on the hill before the finish line and clipping those walls. Man, what a great track. Really starting to look forward to release day.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Full tracklist:

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-7-track-list

Basically Forza 6 plus the returning tracks (Mugello, Maple Valley, Suzuka) and Dubai

Edit: Didn't realize this was from a month ago.

geeves fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 18, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maple Valley better keep those sausage curbs that flip your car if your suspension is too tight.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cojawfee posted:

Maple Valley better keep those sausage curbs that flip your car if your suspension is too tight breathe within 1km of the corner.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmLJJOcklLo

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 18, 2017

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah, that track list is kinda disappointing if it's the final one. And the car list hasn't been too stellar either (hopefully they're saving the better reveals until later). But if every track has true dynamic weather conditions, then that'll be neat. And maybe they're holding out on new customization options for cars and such.

Compared to the huge jump from Forza 5 to 6, it just seems like there should be more...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the weather really going to be dynamic? Like if I set it to rain, it's not just the same puddle on the apex of turn 3 every time?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Is the weather really going to be dynamic? Like if I set it to rain, it's not just the same puddle on the apex of turn 3 every time?

That's what is implied, that there will be effects of the track just starting to get wet / full rain / drying up. I can't remember how good PCars dynamic weather was. It would rain or something for 3/4 of a lap then get dark.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dynamic weather probably isn't too insane. This game still has to run on the OG xbox.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Yeah, that track list is kinda disappointing if it's the final one. And the car list hasn't been too stellar either (hopefully they're saving the better reveals until later). But if every track has true dynamic weather conditions, then that'll be neat. And maybe they're holding out on new customization options for cars and such.

Compared to the huge jump from Forza 5 to 6, it just seems like there should be more...

Even though that link's a month old, that track list is pretty stellar. If they add anything else it's just gravy.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Even though that link's a month old, that track list is pretty stellar. If they add anything else it's just gravy.

And hopefully there are plans for 1 or 2 DLC tracks as well. But I hope they're just available for everyone. It was a shame not being to race VIR with everyone.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'd pay ten bucks for a camino/ladera/iberian track pack

or an extreme throwback pack consisting solely of tracks that were only in forza 1

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They should do a classic pack. Camino Extreme plus the tracks that make up that. All of rally di positano. Sunset Peninsula, maybe Sedona. Fujimi Kaido.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I want more fantasy tracks in amazing locales because almost every real circuit, no matter how famous or glamour, looks like it's in a carpark

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Here's the track list from T10.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/18/fm7-track-list-revealed/

Glad to see Homestead Miami and VIR are in. Surprised to see Top Gear is still there.

Overall I think they have done really well. 32 tracks and a good variety. Mugello, Suzuka and Maple Valley were my favorite 3 tracks that were lost between FM 4 and 5. The only others I could want are Camino and Positano. Maybe Sunset Peninsula? I think having Miami and Daytona makes up for that being lost, and personally I'm happy to have Spa and Watkins Glen over bringing back anything else.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sunset would be great to have back because the infield road course was fantastic and led to a lot of hilarious messes, which is the true mark of a good race track

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Sunset Peninsula is the best infield track ever.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

L_Harrison posted:

:siren: We now have photographic evidence.

I wish they would release some gameplay footage of laps around the new tracks rather than focusing on car lists. I remember for Forza 5 they put out a bunch of videos each week or so, showing laps around the tracks and it was much more interesting and fun than the lists of cars that they do now.

L_Harrison posted:

I'd say it's a good jump. Five new tracks and a couple of DLC tracks from FM6 being added to the roster, and now there's dynamic weather and time of day, I'd say that they've done some pretty good advancements in the two years between each release. I'm guessing the next logical step from here is to maybe add some rally tracks in the next game? Looking at what GT Sport is offering makes me respect Turn 10 a lot more for how consistent they are, they got Forza 5 out for console launch and although it wasn't perfect it put down a solid foundation that they've built on with a lot of extra content. I just wish some of the more boring licensed tracks were replaced with fictional classics like Camino and Sunset etc.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

financially racist posted:

sunset would be great to have back because the infield road course was fantastic and led to a lot of hilarious messes, which is the true mark of a good race track

Same, but New York with chicanes.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwVEwKP9cg

:lol:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Speaking of tracks, here's the list from Turn 10 themselves just posted a list today.

Brands Hatch
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona International Speedway
Dubai Circuit
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Maple Valley Raceway
Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello
Nürburgring
Rio de Janeiro
Sebring International Raceway
Silverstone Racing Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Suzuka Circuit
Virginia International Raceway
Yas Marina Circuit
Bernese Alps
Mount Panorama Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya
Hockenheim-Ring
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sonoma Raceway
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
Lime Rock
Long Beach
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Test Track Airfield
Prague
Road America
Road Atlanta
Top Gear
Watkins Glen

I hope they have pre-2002 Hockenheim. TBH though I'd rather have them make a track pack DLC and skip a car pack or 2.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 19, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

turn 10 will not include legacy versions of tracks so long as their laser scanning fetish exists, so no old hock or old spa or any proper version of old le mans

i would totally buy a track pack consisting of old versions of tracks though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They can do the old version of le mans. The mulsanne straight is a public road that has chicanes attached to it. They could just scan the road like normal.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

They can do the old version of le mans. The mulsanne straight is a public road that has chicanes attached to it. They could just scan the road like normal.

the mulsanne straight is far, far from the only modification the circuit has had. the esses after the dunlop chicane used to not be there, the dunlop chicane itself used to be a very fast turn instead of a chicane, the ford chicanes were not originally there. most of the changes over the years have been to the permanent road course section rather than the public roads, with the exception of some stuff like the really really old layout that added like a whole mile and a half to the mulsanne straight via public roads.

e: here's a good site with pictures of all the layouts over the years http://www.sportscars.tv/Newfiles/Le%20Mans%20circuits.html

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 19, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Forza and the Monkey's Paw strikes again...

Waah, the nurburgring is 11/10ths scale and I can completely tell in my video game where literally everything else is arbitrary, said the fans

Okay, we'll redo everything and get rid of fantasy tracks because we can't scan them and you guys are sticklers for realism, said Turn 10

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

K

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
laser scanning tracks for a cartoon videogame is just a secret tactic by the devs to not work so hard

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Pulled the trigger and preordered 7 ultimate today. Apparently if you preorder it you get the Hoonigan car pack for free for FH3 and in 7. https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_hoonigan_car_pack

Also here's one of my favorite moments form F4 racing with goons https://youtu.be/K1UAUHsNq5I

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Laser scanning is something that is already loving done you morons they just get the information directly from the track today

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i just want to make sure the pixels are correct because i will never go there irl

00Fresh posted:

Also here's one of my favorite moments form F4 racing with goons https://youtu.be/K1UAUHsNq5I

lmao john wick @:07s

Thief fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 19, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hell same

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can I exchange the dumbass gymkhana bullshit cars in for a good DLC pack?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the real winner here is enjuku who should probably be paying them to let their logo be on some guy's rx7 fc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Xbox one x one x box pre orders are up for us idiots who need 4K maple valley

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I want that Oval that was sorta like old Atlanta back.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Cojawfee posted:

Maple Valley better keep those sausage curbs that flip your car if your suspension is too tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLIkKeWd8mc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seA4SdHer0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWAbwE_eM0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqcRbF9MEfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpDVGtJAeU
Maple valley murder curb best murder curb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that 2nd vid :prepop: