Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Awesome! posted:

it makes the explosions smaller but not the main line

for my 4th link i was using chance to bleed since it gives flat phys too but switched it for brutality when i got that. i still have chance to bleed on hit from the axe wheel.

Oooh, maybe Brutality would work. I'd have to use something other than LimbsplitterThe Cauterizer, though, because Brutality would erase its massive phys->fire damage bonus, right?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i would probably just stick with chance to bleed in that case (or something else, i dunno if chance to bleed is the best option. maybe damage on full life)

im just leveling as sunder until i can switch to dp so i havent done any maths or anything

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks, I'll look into it more when I'm not behind a work proxy and blocked from gamepedia.

I don't even know how ailments work now to be honest, but then I didn't have a firm grasp on them before 3.0 either so I guess that's okay. :v:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

There aren't really good options for crit DW sunder except Varunastra, which costs like 150 chaos right now. There aren't really any nodes for Axe/1 Mace crit on the tree.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ultima66 posted:

There aren't really good options for crit DW sunder except Varunastra, which costs like 150 chaos right now. There aren't really any nodes for Axe/1 Mace crit on the tree.
What options are there for DWing marauders then? I've already committed my points to DWing but I've not hit any weapon-specific nodes yet.

I mean I'm not in love with Sunder specifically, just anything that will let me act like a big buzzsaw.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pierson posted:

What options are there for DWing marauders then? I've already committed my points to DWing but I've not hit any weapon-specific nodes yet.

I mean I'm not in love with Sunder specifically, just anything that will let me act like a big buzzsaw.

This build is engrish as gently caress, but you can get the gist of it. It's pretty glass cannon, I'm going to try sunder / blade flurry like I mentioned earlier, with dual axe/mace + claw

Basically lots of damage, some life, Vaal Pact. I think the build's suggestion to skip Cloaked in Savagery is stupid, and am doing that instead

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1769014

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm no expert builder but if you're making a Berserker I'd have to question the mental impulse that makes someone path all the way out into bumfuck nowhere for Vaal Pact and NOT take Cloaked in Savagery. Or vice versa, I suppose.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Okay, I've got a bit of a silly question :staredog: Been playing since closed-beta days intermittently, but I've never quite gotten to endgame material. Same goes for lots of little item-related mechanics.

I'm starting up on Chapter 9 with my Shadow but want to try out a Facebreaker-build. I'm doing SSF-mode for these characters, and I am hoping to find a four-slot Facebreaker. If I just use my shadow to farm any zone north of, say, level 60, it would still be in my potential pool as far as drops go, right? Any recommendations for farming this?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ssf is a challenge league

Imho you'd have more fun playing standard since you have never done maps. Imho

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

low level uniques can drop in higher level zones yeah

you could also try chancing them i guess

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Don't worry about the ilvl of it, really. Vorici can force 4 sockets/links even if it's ilvl 1.

As for farming it, anywhere you can arrange high item quantity and high item rarity is really the only way I can think of.

Except, there is a prophecy for it: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Brutal_Enforcer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The game is plenty hard and challenging even with trading . Imho .

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Geop posted:

Okay, I've got a bit of a silly question :staredog: Been playing since closed-beta days intermittently, but I've never quite gotten to endgame material. Same goes for lots of little item-related mechanics.

I'm starting up on Chapter 9 with my Shadow but want to try out a Facebreaker-build. I'm doing SSF-mode for these characters, and I am hoping to find a four-slot Facebreaker. If I just use my shadow to farm any zone north of, say, level 60, it would still be in my potential pool as far as drops go, right? Any recommendations for farming this?

Yeah, low level uniques can drop infinitely far above their station. The number of Screaming Eagles and Shavronne's Paces I've found, my god.

Also echoing the advice to dump SSF, you can honor-system it but being able to trade for that one build-defining unique is just too valuable to give up for long unless you play a lot of unique-independent builds. Which there are quite a few of, to be fair.

(ed: also Facebreaker builds are good and fun, you have good taste :hfive:)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Hmm. Fair enough! Guess I'll bail on SSF. Didn't really have a reason behind doing it other than wanting to be 100% closed off from other folks. I was enjoying it, but the Contagion-build I'm running is making late-game bosses pretty irritating, hoo boy (bad gear, unable to get a vaal gem I really need, etc).

I've avoided player-trading up until now, but it had to end eventually :v:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trading is easy

Shop for something good in the 1-20 chaos range and make a deal. Save up for big 200 c purchases or maybe you get a good drop.

Imho.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So this is my first league, and I've kind of been doing my own thing. On my tree you'll see I've taken a few ideas here and there, but now I need some optimization because I do want to get as far as possible map wise.
https://pastebin.com/BYw9ELti

I'm level 78, I've 186% life from the tree/4.8k health, 162% armor/11.4k armor. My initial goal was to become a facetanking berzerker who leeched life like a madman to stay immortal. Problem with that is there's no way I can reach Vaal Pact with what I've done (I didn't even know it existed since I stayed within the marauder skill area).

Anywho,
  • Hoiw much life leech do I really need? I'm not Vaal Pact, and I've purchased a few skill nodes dealing with leech. If I can respec them into life or something else I'd really like to.
  • What Jewels should I look out for as a berzerker?

Just reposting, looking for help.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Geop posted:

Hmm. Fair enough! Guess I'll bail on SSF. Didn't really have a reason behind doing it other than wanting to be 100% closed off from other folks. I was enjoying it, but the Contagion-build I'm running is making late-game bosses pretty irritating, hoo boy (bad gear, unable to get a vaal gem I really need, etc).

I've avoided player-trading up until now, but it had to end eventually :v:

trading is more like buying something from a robot

you search up an item on poe.trade, click the whisper button on the item you want, tab back in game and paste the canned whisper into your chat, they invite you to a party, you right-click on their portrait and hit "go to hideout", then you trade and leave with a "thanks"

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So this is my first time playing this and I've got a tentative grasp on the mechanics behind the SR Inquisitor I've been playing, but I've got no idea how the myriad other builds out there work. Anyway, I picked up this amulet and thought it looked like it might be a thing, so I put it up with no price and fielded a few interested pms over the course of a day. Next day I list at 20c and get bombarded with pms about it as soon as it hit poe.trade, so I'm guessing people are live searching it. Trouble is there's nothing else exactly like it up for sale and I don't know enough about this game to even know why they want it. Can someone point out to me what the useful mods are and what build wants it?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

An Alch or chrom

Imho

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mondian posted:

So this is my first time playing this and I've got a tentative grasp on the mechanics behind the SR Inquisitor I've been playing, but I've got no idea how the myriad other builds out there work. Anyway, I picked up this amulet and thought it looked like it might be a thing, so I put it up with no price and fielded a few interested pms over the course of a day. Next day I list at 20c and get bombarded with pms about it as soon as it hit poe.trade, so I'm guessing people are live searching it. Trouble is there's nothing else exactly like it up for sale and I don't know enough about this game to even know why they want it. Can someone point out to me what the useful mods are and what build wants it?

the life and crit strike. the physical damage is also a good roll but amulets roll low on that in general. that is the highest possible natural roll for crit strike on an amulet and the life could only be 18 higher.

literally all of 'em except folks who use resolute technique or minions, with crit builds wanting it really really really badly. there's an amulet on poe trade that's almost identical to that but somewhat worse for 1 exalt atm. that's not necessarily where you should price it (perhaps it hasn't sold for a reason) but you know that folks want it at 20c so nothing to lose from bumping it up

vv oh yeah the int is really good too

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 19, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Mondian posted:

over 60 int, physical damage and global crit chance, good life, a resist.

that amulet a) gives you more health, b) gives you some resist, c) gives you more damage with attacks, and a lot more damage with attacks if you are a crit build and d) helps you make int requirements if you started out on the bottom half of the skill tree.

it's real drat good I'd start at 50c and lower it every day it don't sell until it sells

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 19, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

poeapp is going offline at the end of the month https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6ukona/poeappcom_going_offline_august_31st/

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

that amulet a) gives you more health, b) gives you some resist, c) gives you more damage with attacks, and a lot more damage with attacks if you are a crit build and d) helps you make int requirements if you started out on the bottom half of the skill tree.

Yeah, that's the problem, I'm 100% burn DoTs so I've thus far had precisely zero experience with anything that fires off on attack or on hit. I just briefly glanced over that massive wand effort post a few days ago and was like "Huh, so +#damage and crit are good for something" and I just sorta vaguely recalled that when I id'd this without any real understanding of why it matters.

Only thing I actually recognized was the high life roll since that's actually a thing I actively look for, everything else not so much.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Is this build complete trash?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...Name=Redbananaz

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I just found an ~800 evasion 6L armour with +life and resists but it's corrupted and has 3 red/2 blue/1 green sockets. Is it worth anything or does the corruption ruin it?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Got some noob questions in regards to the masters; is it worth grinding their missions early on? Is there a way to know where a master will spawn beyond "in this act"? Does that mean if I leave the act, I have to go back to that area later on or will they show up in other acts/zones later?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Evil Mastermind posted:

Got some noob questions in regards to the masters; is it worth grinding their missions early on? Is there a way to know where a master will spawn beyond "in this act"? Does that mean if I leave the act, I have to go back to that area later on or will they show up in other acts/zones later?

You will probably want to level them up until you have your hideout. Then it is only daily missions and maps that are worth doing, since the XP gains are pathetically small. They need to fix that.

If you really care about levelling them up, you pretty much should absolutely do parties of clearing dailies.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sillybones posted:

You will probably want to level them up until you have your hideout. Then it is only daily missions and maps that are worth doing, since the XP gains are pathetically small. They need to fix that.

If you really care about levelling them up, you pretty much should absolutely do parties of clearing dailies.

Well, I'm only at the tail end of Act 2, so it's going to be a while before I can do dailies.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Crafted this from scratch, I like exalts being so cheap you can just slam them on random stuff.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

How do we feel about multistrike on sunder? Feels like it's just slowing me down at 40.

Bad unless you have high APS.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Evil Mastermind posted:

Masters don't show up only in the act they're introduced in. You'll run into all of them (unless your luck sucks) in Part 2.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Masters don't only show up in the act they're introduced in.
Okay, good. I'm playing ranger and trying to get Tora to spawn seems oddly hard, but I for some reason keep tripping over whats-her-face the necromancer. I was worried I was going to have to waste time in areas I wasn't going to get XP in just hoping I run into her.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Can Dashalrhyn get a guild invite, cheers

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Crafted this from scratch, I like exalts being so cheap you can just slam them on random stuff.

That's a nice chest.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Royal Burgonet :ssh:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Anything I should know about the Hallowed Ground unique map? Worth running the thing or should I just sell it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:thejoke:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Something something sarcasm internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I hope this makes sense..

If I have a skill like say Reave, or Viper Strike that I use as a melee attack, and the weapon I use with that skill is enchanted with some sort of elemental or chaos damage (like say wpn adds +10-15 cold damage)... Does the Reave or Viper Strike (whatever) attack skill get the bonus from the weapon, in addition to the effects of the Attack Skill? Or does the weapon's effects get over-rided by the Attack Skills effects?