Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

it's incredible that the beat is basically the exact same as pumpkin hill rap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRNpijwCNA

hunnid p released a new knuckles rap in the year 2017

YES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sonic Mania has a display in Nintendo World NYC, which feels wrong. There's a Sega logo in Nintendo World

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just getting started on this but the levels are already breaking my brain. Chemical Plant 2 is loving crazy.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

it's incredible that the beat is basically the exact same as pumpkin hill rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9Ml7pS6uA

Soral
May 30, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRNpijwCNA

hunnid p released a new knuckles rap in the year 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just finished my knux run. Time for tails and then jumping right into Time Attack Mode

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
blue spheres more like blue balls

the game is awesome and the original stages are fantastic.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i bought it thinking that the new stages were going to be uninspired copy cat poo poo. but it turns out they are EXTREMELY good and origianal.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
They managed to take bits from existing sonic levels and put them together in a way that feels fresh and not just them slapping random gimmicks together

When playing press garden I kept noticing parts from launch base, ice cap, mushroom valley, but it still felt like a new level

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
God Bless Sonic The Hedgehog

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love every brand new stage. Let these men make sonic 5

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i bought it thinking that the new stages were going to be uninspired copy cat poo poo. but it turns out they are EXTREMELY good and origianal.
the new stages are better than the old ones imo, this game did not need green hill zone for the 3878th time

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Cat Machine posted:

the new stages are better than the old ones imo, this game did not need green hill zone for the 3878th time

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I love every brand new stage. Let these men make sonic 5

Everyone is loving this game so I bet they'll just do Mania 2 or w/e and keep making new games.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
you know what? i want them to make ristar 2. that would be a good rear end game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

you know what? i want them to make ristar 2. that would be a good rear end game.

i want kid chameleon 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres a recent kid chameleon 2 rom hack and it looks pretty good but i havent played it yet

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2147/

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ristar was the poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aero: Reloaded

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I've been listening to the soundtrack on YouTube in anticipation of payday Friday.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I am so glad I kept myself in the dark about this game. I shouted like I was 8 again about how cool the first time I saw that the TV vans could beam you around.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
The mean bean machine boss is the happiest a video game has made me in a really long time (like since first playing Rez probably)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope you bought Puyo Tetris

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've been avoiding posting spoilers and stuff for the pc imps out there but this is my video of mirage saloon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuyX3CeAIk

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I hope you bought Puyo Tetris
it's been like 15 years since we got a puyo puyo game and now we have two within six months of each other :D (maybe three if you count the version of Tsuu in Sega Classic Collection??)

Soral
May 30, 2009

i got into the mirage saloon act 1 boss while super and accidentally killed the heavy in one hit before his animation finished so i was trapped in the boss fight forever

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
the cutscenes are finicky as hell. the first time i beat the chemical zone boss i dropped through the floor and died (it was my last life too lol). the second time i got stuck and couldn't jump out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've heard that's a big problem when you have tails as a partner, so if it keeps happening maybe swap to sonic alone

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the cutscenes are finicky as hell. the first time i beat the chemical zone boss i dropped through the floor and died (it was my last life too lol). the second time i got stuck and couldn't jump out.

That's Sonic af tbh. These were the games with collision detection where you got crushed by platforms moving away from you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sorry Chuck103, you just weren't fast enough

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF8Q15b2-I

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

chuck has reclaimed the throne. time to take it back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress chuck

Soral
May 30, 2009

chuck is an enemy of the imp zone

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gonna buy this tomorrow and play it alld ay.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Soral posted:

chuck is an enemy of the imp zone

i hate him

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got this on ps4 for while im waiting for the pc version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training