Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

It also at least gives you something to do while waiting on unlocks, since there's no point in redoing any battles

Now I'm stuck fighting Yellowjacket. I'm spoiled from the last events instant heals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Do you have Iron Cap? I don't, and trying to get my team strong enough to beat the last city is taking loving forever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I did it with Riri, Ultron and Whiplash.

Riri is like 10/10 and still pretty drat weak so I think she could be replaced by just about anyone. Ultron was key for me though.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

I did it with Riri (6/10), Whiplash (7/10) and Iron Lad (7/10). It said Medium chance but did it with about 400HP remaining.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Alllright, anyone got a good guess on the drop rate for the Jane Foster Thor/America Chavez in the Ultimate Armor crate? Is it cheaper to just wait and hope it's not too hard to get Thor when the Thor 3 event kicks off?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

nerdman42 posted:

Alllright, anyone got a good guess on the drop rate for the Jane Foster Thor/America Chavez in the Ultimate Armor crate? Is it cheaper to just wait and hope it's not too hard to get Thor when the Thor 3 event kicks off?

So, the good news is that it doesn't look like you can draw a costume for a character you don't have in this crate. The bad news is that the odds of getting yet another Iron Man costume are still too high to reliably draw a new character. It has a better ratio of good rewards to chaff than a typical Captain America costume crate, don't get me wrong, but it's still a risk.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I refuse to buy crates that don't help with the current event. There's so much poo poo that needs to be done, cosmetic items are just a waste

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Ehhh, I guess I'll wait to see how the Thor event pays off in November then. Best to save shards for Defenders anyway

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So i haven't gotten pollen to drop from any of the sky cycles since the update. didn't notice until now as I ran out of boss fight thingies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only the Best of the newest set drops it. So you need Yellowjacket.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Only the Best of the newest set drops it. So you need Yellowjacket.

Ah that's right. I farmed the poo poo out of them before this started so I forgot about that.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Are the Russian tea cakes purely RNG after the first? I only have 3 left and I can't seem to get them to drop

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Are the Russian tea cakes purely RNG after the first? I only have 3 left and I can't seem to get them to drop

Word on the street is that the second last and maybe the last mission have a horrible drop rate for tea cakes.

I got the first eight no problem, had to do one mission twice to get it. But I have done the second last mission three times with no second tea cake.
The drops for the cards to rank up Crimson Dynamo post event are also supposed to be a wall of pain.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I did the last fight about 8 times before just saying "gently caress it" and spending the 250 shards. And with that I stopped the event. Couldn't get anyone past level 3 because of the loving insane requirements where you would have needed to buy generators and that extra building. This event loving sucked.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I slacked off on this event and only got Iron Lad and Whiplash. Would have liked Yellowjacket as well, but whatevs. I got a new job which means more money to blow on shards for this dumb game. Hooray.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just need to beat the 4 briefcase mission to get Yellowjacket, but hahah, i've done nothing but level my Toxic characters for 2 days and it's still low chance.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Wait wait wait. "Early access"? As in, she will be made available at a later date? Because I would really appreciate getting her, she seems fun.

...or is she "early access" in the same way Thor and Hulk are, and that is to say, "Only through shards payment"?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, both.

You can get her now but she will later be a free story character. Thor and Hulk are the same situation but early for shards.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I guess I might as well ask this while I'm at it.

I'm level 36. Hulk normally unlocks at leel 35, according to his sheet. I don't have access to Hulk. Have I just not reached the main story checkpoint when he's unlockable?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, you're gonna have to get through more story missions first

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

twistedmentat posted:

I just need to beat the 4 briefcase mission to get Yellowjacket, but hahah, i've done nothing but level my Toxic characters for 2 days and it's still low chance.

I did it with Enchantress at 8/7, Whiplash 7/6, and Iron Man at 7/6. It was still only a medium chance but I won with like 10 hp left.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Yeah... this event sucked. The healing is such a pain when compared to the Spider-Man event we just had.
Hopefully Defenders is insta-heal, since it sounds like I need to unlock a lot of previously-available characters

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Instant heals wouldn't have made much of a difference with the trainings being so hard to craft in between the stuff you needed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Radio! posted:

I did it with Enchantress at 8/7, Whiplash 7/6, and Iron Man at 7/6. It was still only a medium chance but I won with like 10 hp left.

Yea if i could get it to medium I could just burn the med packs I have to defeat it finally.

I'm not getting anymore fuel, so no chances to get the shields anymore.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm definitely giving up on Dynamo but should manage to just get Yellowjacket. At least Whiplash has a better L3 costume than his L5 so I can just stop upgrading when he gets there.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I have just been falling hard into that Marvel Future Fight hole, and trying to level Gwenpool. Jesus the biometrics on leveling equipment so I can actually USE my tickets are... annoying.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I also completely botched this event. Didn't even get Yellowjacket: I only hit episode 3 yesterday and I figured I wasn't going to unlock him anyway, so I might as well get some golden coins instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

quote:

Marvel.com: As excited as we are to dive back into Hell’s Kitchen and dispatch Madame Gao, there’s always one eye on the horizon. Can you tease anything coming down the line for the Academy and its heroes?

Allen Warner: One of our frequently teased schools will finally have to come out of hiding, and they’ll be bringing more recruitable characters with them than ever before.

Shut up and give me those X-Men already god drat it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guys I had €20 of disposable income. And instead of buying shards to do more attempts at heroic fights to possible earn hats to craft into cards which would rank up the Crimson Dynamo by one rank and have no cosmetic effect, I spent the money on pants. In the real world.

I think I have a problem.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Shut up and give me those X-Men already god drat it.

It's a lot more likely it'll be the Attilan one since Inhumans will be dropping soon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And Defenders is up.
Wow, Foggy, Claire and Stick, someone hold me back from spending all my shards!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The update is out. The event isn't active yet.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

So I don't suppose its possible to proceed to another episode without Iron Fist. He's required for some arena fight or whatever, isn't he?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

I like how everyone's looking all tough and serious and Tony's just vogue-ing it up to the side there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought Claire, I was really hoping Coleen was going to be in this, but I didn't see her.

If i had to guess, inhumans are after Defenders, then X-men would be the X-mas event. I mean it writes itself!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's also Thor in November and probably something for Halloween.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I bought Claire, I was really hoping Coleen was going to be in this, but I didn't see her.

If i had to guess, inhumans are after Defenders, then X-men would be the X-mas event. I mean it writes itself!

She's on the schedule for Ep.3

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

There's also Thor in November and probably something for Halloween.

Yea I'm pumped for Thor because we'll sure as hell get Valkyrie, Hela, Skaar and maybe I'll get another chance for Beta Ray Bill. I'm not sure what Halloween might be, They've already done Vampires and Monsters Unleashed, so maybe Marvel Zombies? I was reading that Christmas time sees a spike in people buying stuff in mobile games because they're just primed to spend more around the holidays. That's not really surprising, but putting X-men event out that that time will easily get people to dump money. I know I would if I wanted at least half the characters the event had available. Though I'm worried an X-men event would just be the same ones that FF gave us.

Retro Futurist posted:

She's on the schedule for Ep.3

Oh cool I didn't see that. Is it me or maxed out Foggy is basically D-Man?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Man I sure love having items required to advance being locked behind a completely arbitrary RNG device that you're only allowed to access every 3 hours, or longer if you want a chance to find more although getting more isn't guaranteed at all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This is the worst event. Locking the spray paint behind the scrolls is the stupidist idea. It's been nearly a week and I'm not even close to getting Foggy.

• Locked thread