Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Honestly I do wonder if PHR bombers shouldn't be a touch slower. They do have a pretty awesome reach on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any nerf to Phr translates to a roundabout Ucm buff so I approve

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

wdarkk posted:

Gonna give a little poke on this.

Also I played a game over the past weekend, first time with the full 1250 and command cards. PHR hack cards are absolutely vicious!

I am really loving glad my opponent never tried "You know what, screw fighters, just going to drop 10 PHR bomber tokens on your carrier."

Oh dang! I'm currently travelling, i can offer a mostly finished version but i'll admit it slipped my mind to polish it up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nSza24PwIFnzZ3WTUQ7Z-0gETOzhSLP4bnhxCU3VgtY/edit?usp=drivesdk

I hope this is still somewhat helpful. I'll complete it when i get back home.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Bistromatic posted:

Oh dang! I'm currently travelling, i can offer a mostly finished version but i'll admit it slipped my mind to polish it up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nSza24PwIFnzZ3WTUQ7Z-0gETOzhSLP4bnhxCU3VgtY/edit?usp=drivesdk

I hope this is still somewhat helpful. I'll complete it when i get back home.

Thanks, I'll look over it later today.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I have a full list of quick reference sheets and how to play sheet if you want me to email it to you as well.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 7, 2017

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I have a full list of quick reference sheets and how to play sheet if you want me to email it to you as well.

If you're willing to hand it out, username at gmail dot com

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Check ya inbox.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
while you're sending them out, can you send one to Username at skeleton dot business?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Sounds like some people are starting to get the token sets showing up without any notice from the kickstarter. No word on anyone getting the scourge space station add on yet.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Some new gencon rules previews for Dropzone 2 that I hadn't heard before:

https://www.hawkwargames.com/blogs/articles/gen-con-sneak-peek-dropzone-commander-2nd-edition

APC's to give a bonus to objective searching and both sides can search not just the occupier! Combined with open transports we might actually see a few APC's on the table.

As I read the demo change, only units with demolisher will Gert double ups on damage rolls?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Sounds like it, so no more bonuses for blast templates on buildings.

Just got my UCM command cards for dropfleet - the card that allows you to add 1 Rio or 3 Toulon' is amazing, and I'm never going to draw it in a game.....

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Ugleb posted:

As I read the demo change, only units with demolisher will Gert double ups on damage rolls?
I think i'm allowed to confirm that this is currently the case :v:

Get in touch with a Talon, sign the NDA, test the rules and yell on discord!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Grey Hunter posted:

Sounds like it, so no more bonuses for blast templates on buildings.

Just got my UCM command cards for dropfleet - the card that allows you to add 1 Rio or 3 Toulon' is amazing, and I'm never going to draw it in a game.....

The command cards are really powerful. The UCM double-laser one was what made jaws drop in my ground, although the "atmospheric bombers" upgrade was also pretty impressive.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

Some new gencon rules previews for Dropzone 2 that I hadn't heard before:

https://www.hawkwargames.com/blogs/articles/gen-con-sneak-peek-dropzone-commander-2nd-edition

APC's to give a bonus to objective searching and both sides can search not just the occupier! Combined with open transports we might actually see a few APC's on the table.

Yup they do this! It'd great and a really nice boon

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

The command cards are really powerful. The UCM double-laser one was what made jaws drop in my ground, although the "atmospheric bombers" upgrade was also pretty impressive.

Yeah. My scourge ones have just arrived, and they are comparatively underwhelming. Relentless advance is a nice way to fire a main weapon and advance quickly, but compared to a bunch of free ships or troops the scourge seem a bit less powerful.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

PHR cards are pretty good too.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Scourge have the best card that should be used at any possible opportunity: For The Species.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
That sounds like a self-destruct card.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

That sounds like a self-destruct card.

IIRC it's the one that lets you ram at any health level.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Yes, and never not ram a battleship into the atmosphere at a strike carrier.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Well it sounds like the demo game should be quite different in 2nd ed. No double ups on most units will cut down on falling masonry which is itself less likely to do double damage. That should make infantry more survivable and the searching/APC change reduces the amount of time squads have to sit in the firing line taking it on the chin. Sounds like a positive set of changes!

Giving units the ability to disembark and shoot sounds pretty huge as well, even if it is at a +2 penalty. I'd really have to play it to see how the flow of the game changes but it all sounds much more fluid.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

Well it sounds like the demo game should be quite different in 2nd ed. No double ups on most units will cut down on falling masonry which is itself less likely to do double damage. That should make infantry more survivable and the searching/APC change reduces the amount of time squads have to sit in the firing line taking it on the chin. Sounds like a positive set of changes!

Giving units the ability to disembark and shoot sounds pretty huge as well, even if it is at a +2 penalty. I'd really have to play it to see how the flow of the game changes but it all sounds much more fluid.

Get into the Beta test and troll dummies with me and bistro

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

I'm not a talon and have no local community to do that with. :ohdear:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

I thought the deadline was august 4th.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Aye forgot about that deadline

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
They said that was the deadline and then afterwards they posted "chat up your local talon" on facebooks. So who knows?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
So I made the mistake of playing Dropfleet and really liked it, but I'm not interested in the factions in the starter set. I see you can buy the rules on their own, but what about the tokens?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Other companies do better tokens like TT Combat. :)

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
You can buy resin city tokens and plastic fighter/bomber tokens from Hawk themselves. I like the resin city districts, they're fun.

You'll need some way to track troop deployments, but Litko can probably provide something there. You just need to be able to distinguish between troops, armour, and AA defences.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Petty sure you can download and print the token sheet, otherwise there are options like TTCombat and I think Blotz for the UK which are obviously better than that.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Oh neat. I think my FLGS can get TTCombat stuff, so that might be an option. I'd probably settle for UCM if someone wanted to split the corebox with me, but then you run into the problem of who actually owns the book and tokens and blah. Besides, PHR have the look I want in space ships.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011
There's also a token page in the back of the rulebook that you can photocopy and make your own set.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Welp, impulse bought a pair of Shaltari cruiser boxes off Amazon, so I guess I'm getting into this game too.

I know nothing other than the ships look nice, help.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Another question, are the quickplay sheets included in the starter fleet boxes comparable across fleets? Like if I know nothing really about the game outside of the game I played this weekend and me and another dude each bought a starter fleet and followed the quickplay sheet, would those forces be even points wise or is that scale of a game so small that it wouldn't really matter? I know I could magnetize everything so that I can swap configurations, but that seems like too much hassle, but I also don't know what weapons/ships I'm going to like or need or prefer to use, so just having a starting point like that would be great.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Each starter fleet's base set is pretty fairly balanced. So if you don't like the look of the UCM or Scourge, you can pick up a PHR starter set and play fairly with their starter fleet (1 heavy cruiser, 1 cruiser, 1 light cruiser, 2 striker carriers, 2 frigates, iirc. I just forget which ships are selected) against the UCM/Scourge/Shaltari starter fleets. If you don't like the look of any of the minis you can play with tokens or whatever other minis you like, as others have suggested.

And in general the starter fleets are pretty solid. I think people like PHR's Bellerophon much more than the Hector so you might swap that out, but I think the Hector's recently got a buff?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

The Hector got linked broadsides (here's the updated rules) but it still has the problem of needing to go weapons free to use both the guns and the laser, which doesn't combine well with a front narrow weapon.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wasn't there an alternate set of bundles with the BCs instead of the battleships at the £99 price level? Or did I imagine that?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
There is the webstore bundle deals and there will be physical fleet boxes which i think were in fact 99£ with BCs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah they're up for pre order at my lgs.

What are peoples thoughts on the Wolverine B? I don't really see the point of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah they're up for pre order at my lgs.

What are peoples thoughts on the Wolverine B? I don't really see the point of it

The Missile variant? It's not much cop really except for hitting infantry - or saving those points to get an exotic group!