Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Reminder that the 2nd most powerful hero in the setting is a dude who burns people into submission with fire.

And he literally blasted a Nomu's head off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

episode was terrible. got bored halfway through the episode and never finished it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AfricanBootyShine posted:

episode was terrible. got bored halfway through the episode and never finished it

Then you were stupid.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lt. Lizard posted:

Reminder that the 2nd most powerful hero in the setting is a dude who burns people into submission with fire.
He also seems to be an unlikable gently caress-nugget who traumatized his wife and children. gently caress that guy.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

MonsterEnvy posted:

This is the anime thread

Maybe the anime thread should have an actual distinct way to tell it is the anime thread instead of using basically the same exact naming scheme as the manga thread so people don't get confused.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Futaba Anzu posted:

Maybe the anime thread should have an actual distinct way to tell it is the anime thread instead of using basically the same exact naming scheme as the manga thread so people don't get confused.

I agree.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Maybe goons should read the OP of threads before they post in them?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Don't blame me, I made it clear when I started the thread. Someone fuckin' changed the name halfway through the season.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe goons should read the OP of threads before they post in them?

Every single time you go to make a post? gently caress that.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The anime thread is the one that talks about All Might in the name while the manga thread is the one with the big "MANGA" tag.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My Hero Academia Anime Thread: Froppy! Froppy! Froppy!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

I second this title.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blaze Dragon posted:

I second this title.

Same except third

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sakurazuka posted:

Same except third

Again uh fourthed.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

PMush Perfect posted:

Nthed.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

My Hero Academia Anime Thread: Sauske! Sauske! Sauske!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Let's just keep the thread title extra descriptive this week and next week there can be a new title

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally, I can tell the threads apart.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ok we just need to make the other thread "My Hero Academia not The Anime. The manga thread" to really crystallise it.

WRT to the strange Froppy tongue tearing derail I think anyone strong and fast enough to do that could literally pull any other human to pieces anyways lmao

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sirtommygunn posted:

Every single time you go to make a post? gently caress that.

For threads you haven't posted in before :downs: After the first post hopefully you remember what the thread is about.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Let's just keep the thread title extra descriptive this week and next week there can be a new title
Villain!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
squid sister and squid girl arm wrestle using pearl's head as a table

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sir, this isn't google.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

:(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I know a week is a long time in forum time but I want enough people to adjust to the correct threads before they get funny names again

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I wasn't as big a fan of the episode. More Tsuyu is always great, but the storyline felt pretty basic and I kinda wish they had spread it out over more of the students internships. I'm not saying devote equal time to all of them and have them be a minute long a piece, but I think splitting the episode between 3 or so shorter vignettes might have been a bit more interesting.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

tweet my meat posted:

I wasn't as big a fan of the episode. More Tsuyu is always great, but the storyline felt pretty basic and I kinda wish they had spread it out over more of the students internships. I'm not saying devote equal time to all of them and have them be a minute long a piece, but I think splitting the episode between 3 or so shorter vignettes might have been a bit more interesting.

I agree. Seal captain was basically Gunhead but a seal rather than something unique, and as much as Tsu is the best character she shines the most out of combat and with her peers rather than in a mentorship against a C-tier villain. I wonder how much creative input the mangaka had in this, because the contrast in writing really stood out.

That said, if the anime ends up having to add more filler, they could develop the seal captain more and show him as being a friend of Gunhead's or something to that effect to make his character gimmick feel like something more substantial than a copy of someone else's.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly, while Tsuyu is a good character, the more I think about this episode the more I dislike it. Mainly because it really doesn't seem to jive with one of the persistent themes of the work as a whole, going instead for generic shounen ones. Or rather, there was absolutely no need for Tsuyu and Sirius to actually board the boat - they were ordered to find it, and Selkie would come to them. As-is, Innsmouth could have easily carried through with his threat before going after Tsuyu - it would have wasted maybe a second or two. Neither Tsuyu, or especially Sirius, are particularly great in combat, so if there was even a chance of running into an actual villain in a situation like that (where it wasn't particularly time-critical so long as they kept track of the boat, and they had backup coming) the sane choice would have been to wait. Hell, even them doing so and then being at least mildly reprimanded would have at least made it somewhat fit MHA's themes far better than what we got, where it was "you did great" all around.

Basically it was insanely rash for no real reason, after we've just had an arc about how impulsive Iida's decision was, as well as the overall theme regarding Deku and OfA, and absolutely nothing was said about it. In most shounen? Sure, behavior like that happens all the time, but MHA has kind of made a point of constantly calling out pointless rashness by characters, whether it succeeds or not.

Sirius' fin ears turning out to just be accessories was a pretty fun detail though.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, while Tsuyu is a good character, the more I think about this episode the more I dislike it. Mainly because it really doesn't seem to jive with one of the persistent themes of the work as a whole, going instead for generic shounen ones. Or rather, there was absolutely no need for Tsuyu and Sirius to actually board the boat - they were ordered to find it, and Selkie would come to them. As-is, Innsmouth could have easily carried through with his threat before going after Tsuyu - it would have wasted maybe a second or two. Neither Tsuyu, or especially Sirius, are particularly great in combat, so if there was even a chance of running into an actual villain in a situation like that (where it wasn't particularly time-critical so long as they kept track of the boat, and they had backup coming) the sane choice would have been to wait. Hell, even them doing so and then being at least mildly reprimanded would have at least made it somewhat fit MHA's themes far better than what we got, where it was "you did great" all around.

Basically it was insanely rash for no real reason, after we've just had an arc about how impulsive Iida's decision was, as well as the overall theme regarding Deku and OfA, and absolutely nothing was said about it. In most shounen? Sure, behavior like that happens all the time, but MHA has kind of made a point of constantly calling out pointless rashness by characters, whether it succeeds or not.

Sirius' fin ears turning out to just be accessories was a pretty fun detail though.

I don't disagree with this but I think there is a deeper issue where the story was so paint by numbers it borders on breaking character for Froppy specifically let alone the show in general. She seems to be one of the most level-headed and least excitable members of Class A, not to mention the least gung-ho about tangling with villains. She's probably the last character in the show who needs a "trust your teammates" lesson and painting that as the breakthrough she needs just feels off.

Hell, in the main bit of action she's been in - the USJ attack - she waited for Deku to wake up to co-plan despite being in her own element.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Echoing the sentiment above. Not as bad as the filler episodes/content I remember from Attack on Titan, but could be better.

...it also needed more Best Jeanist

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well i mean the problem always was Froppy isn't that interesting a character.

People like her design I guess but that isn't enough to carry an episode.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well i mean the problem always was Froppy isn't that interesting a character.

People like her design I guess but that isn't enough to carry an episode.

She's great when high-energy characters are bouncing off of her. Putting her in a mentee position with a bunch of relatively level-headed senior heroes (and hell, villains) is the worst possible way to show her off.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's like that one episode from the Pervy Schoolgirls show (Seitokai Yakuin Domo) where the StuCo Prez and Secretary go to Kyoto and they start making dirty jokes, but because there's no straight man (the General Affairs dude and MC), they feel oddly put off by it.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Personally I'm glad we have three different macho dudes who are moe af deep inside.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GimmickMan posted:

Personally I'm glad we have three different macho dudes who are moe af deep inside.
All Might, Gun Head and Tentacole?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:cry:

Also there's a bunch of stuff after the credits this week.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good luck killing a dude, Deku.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

so i'll be honest i don't really have a firm grasp on what the heck all for one is capable of, the subs for this show can get pretty... stiff?? at times.

anyone wanna give me a quick breakdown so i have a better understanding? thanks. :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It can take quirks from people and give them to others. It's basically an extreme version of Rogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

so i'll be honest i don't really have a firm grasp on what the heck all for one is capable of, the subs for this show can get pretty... stiff?? at times.

anyone wanna give me a quick breakdown so i have a better understanding? thanks. :)

his original quirk allowed him to steal and grant quirks on a whim (permanently). it's implied but not explicitly stated that it's the same guy and he is several generations old and has been stockpiling quirks for a while, which would allow him to obtain basically any quirk imaginable (all might guesses that this included an anti-aging quirk, for example).

• Locked thread