Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

triple sulk posted:

pretend to

have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

sexpig by night posted:

how's the nazi rally going

((((((~~~ "free speech rally" ~~~))))))

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

It's Sheriff Blubs!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

sexpig by night posted:

how's the nazi rally going

lol what nazi rally I cant see any from all the snow.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

she was totally gonna hulk out, run across the lawn there and jump past the cops and SMASH SOME NAZIS

or just post in a fake accent about being hungover or smoking weed or somehting I dunno what her gimmick is but it sure isn't walking against facism in the city she lives in

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
why dont people speedwalk against things

can fight breast cancer AND diabetes at the same time

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Thatim posted:

is it already to early for a beer?

beer should have decorum, so only after 4. unless there are sports events

Never too early for bourbon, my man.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/898953581138554880

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

magiccarpet posted:

my friend sent me this 'we have them surrounded on all sides'

Please don't post Game of Thrones spoilers.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zen death robot posted:

he's too old to be a boomer

boomer is just more fun to say than "old white person clinging to power to advance a destructive agenda that he is willingly blind to the consequences of"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zen death robot posted:

Football is terrible to go to and overpriced as all hell

Baseball is great in person and there's always poo poo like $15 tickets or whatever

Minor league ball games are a fantastic and cheap day out

Highly recommend

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also football's gonna die with the health issues and the greed and letting domestic abusers get away with it and cucking san diego, etc

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

baseball is the best sport to watch in person because you don't watch it and just yell out of your mouth full of beer when you hear a loud crack

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

HAHA omg he actually complains to the cop about not being able to walk that fast! laffo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

zen death robot posted:

Football is terrible to go to and overpriced as all hell

Baseball is great in person and there's always poo poo like $15 tickets or whatever

its true...even like every person i kno (including myself) luvs 2 attend a ball game - unfortunately its kinda not the same as it was in the 90s because boston

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lest we forget tom brady is never gonna die :negative:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Cernovich wants to gently caress them now, huh?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

what the actual gently caress

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

triple sulk posted:

dont be an arsenal fan tho

it only ends in misery

all british football ends in misery tbh

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Minor league ball games are a fantastic and cheap day out

Highly recommend

my personal story: my biggest regret in life is attending a minor league baseball game with some family, being asked if i wanted food and saying no since i assumed it was overpriced stadium stuff, and later learning the food was included with the ticket

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Hey do you have 5 hours free to watch 45 minutes of sport? Sweet me too! Lets get hosed up

The whole idea is you get food, talk to your friends, or generally do something else in between plays and during commercials

Because of the 12~ different cameras at any given game you can actually see what's going on during a football match

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
basketball, in fact, owns

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/862139252171096064

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Mariana Horchata posted:

pls go on and feel free 2 psychoanalyze me as well since ofc u are sooo omnipresent

rear end in a top hat

final warning

FINAL. WARNING. M8. I swear to god you say ONE MORE THING about me not leaving my house I'll...I'll... I'll get squizzle to give you a sixer on a nice saturday!

Tahnks to squizzle or whoever gave me an avatar because they got tired of my broken one :(

MH you're a punk, lolshirt picture here

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/898955564964761600

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

is he speaking from experience?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
soccer just cant werk in USA cause of the 45min long periods of play cause that means u cant run commercials

thats p much it

how very

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2L1-TgfKb4

realtalk: ya gotta define what 'important' means. its one of those things where people showing up at this moment as a social event see the personal incentive as being a public association with the anti-nazis and anti-racists. and by driving them out this time, those who want to publicly signal that they're anti-nazi are done no longer have that personal incentive. real change comes from long and grueling and unrewarding work, especially if you're the type of person who thinks their experience at the rally would be lessened by not taking pictures/videos to show their friends. a counter example would be people like black bloc who instruct bringing absolutely no personal identification or announcing you're in it and reject filming (for the most part) because it might reveal who is fighting - to them, the goal is momentary physical pushback, rather than being publicly known as a Good Person.

so what's important? driving these particular nazis off this particular piece of land? or changing the boundaries of acceptable behavior? if the latter, then that's where people like antifa are extremely important - just up and punching people for what they believe does nothing but tear down discourse and is inherently destructive no matter the wrongness of the beliefs being punched. and its also where people like the ACLU are extremely important because they're the ones that build up the rule of law after the nazis are thrown out. imo ~systemic change~ owns

also there's the whole "which snowflake is more important in the avalanche" question which uhh gently caress that noise

i think openly denouncing nazis and tell them to gently caress off immediately is a social service enough, as more people will follow suit obviously. You set that standard that it's not okay so you don't need to be at an event to get credit for it that some people think that you need to be there to validate it like some kind of merit badge, missing the point completely. Nobody can be everywhere at anytime at once, it's stupid and disingenuous and only breeds more division because you're now trying to do this lovely purity test.

Speak up in your community if you see things like that happening and people are being bystanders. I've started to think of the times I've ignored or kept quiet when hate speech was happening in front of me, as a dismissive thing. It was a different time though, but when you have a president who is actively

ACTIVELY trying to set the standard that it's okay to have that sort of hate speech go on, then you should be vigilant and shut it down. We still have a big issue with accountability, which is why it's important to take it up as an American citizen, it is your duty to quash that sort of hate in a public space, and I'm glad people showed up in a major city by the droves in a democracy to show that representation that not everything should be tolerated. Republicans wanted to do away with PC culture, well the monkey paw curled on that one for them.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

thernovich disclosing his proclivities

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

uh, is Cernovich going antifa

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Searingly hot take: all sports can be enjoyable on TV when played + commentated well, but if you like being in a crowd w/ your m8s are p much always fun to attend.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mikey boy thinkin' about those ripped, glistening ANTIFA bodies. :gay:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Vertical Lime posted:

like how i hear football is shite in person but hockey is cool

also soccer will be a bigger deal in america, if not for the mls then for foreign leagues

soccer would be nice if all the ridiculous diving were stamped out. that poo poo gets ridiculous when you see a loving grown assed man yowl in horror and rolls around in the grass for a couple of minutes

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

America's Leading Mindset Expert looking to break into a new market to hawk his self help gorilla cum bullshit

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

in all honesty i question the motivations of those who say they hate it

it's got the brightest future of all the major american sports by far

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SKULL.GIF posted:

The whole idea is you get food, talk to your friends, or generally do something else in between plays and during commercials

Because of the 12~ different cameras at any given game you can actually see what's going on during a football match

Actually yea it is pretty good for that, I'm looking forward to when you can pay a little extra to just watch it from your favorite players view.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Equeen posted:

is he speaking from experience?

Alt-Right Mack Cernovick Pounded in the Butt By Strong Masked Pro-Fag Antifa

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

welcome 2 the resistance, mikey cern

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:rip: PSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2L1-TgfKb4

realtalk: ya gotta define what 'important' means. its one of those things where people showing up at this moment as a social event see the personal incentive as being a public association with the anti-nazis and anti-racists. and by driving them out this time, those who want to publicly signal that they're anti-nazi are done no longer have that personal incentive. real change comes from long and grueling and unrewarding work, especially if you're the type of person who thinks their experience at the rally would be lessened by not taking pictures/videos to show their friends. a counter example would be people like black bloc who instruct bringing absolutely no personal identification or announcing you're in it and reject filming (for the most part) because it might reveal who is fighting - to them, the goal is momentary physical pushback, rather than being publicly known as a Good Person.

so what's important? driving these particular nazis off this particular piece of land? or changing the boundaries of acceptable behavior? if the latter, then that's where people like antifa are extremely important - just up and punching people for what they believe does nothing but tear down discourse and is inherently destructive no matter the wrongness of the beliefs being punched. and its also where people like the ACLU are extremely important because they're the ones that build up the rule of law after the nazis are thrown out. imo ~systemic change~ owns

also there's the whole "which snowflake is more important in the avalanche" question which uhh gently caress that noise

oh oh that reminds me i downloaded that movie but never watched it

on a scale from 1 to 10 how badly do i need 2 watch it rn??

doesnt PSH (:rip: :( ) play like a greek steve bannon/karl rove type? fk im prob gonna just watch rn anyways

• Locked thread