Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Joke's on you. Every team is going to shut down except for KBM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Norns posted:

I bet Samantha only puts out when he wins

Ding ding ding.

She's with him just for the money.

I heard him say something like "I never thought I'd have a chance with her."

No poo poo dude. You're an ugly, bitch baby, multi millionaire, and she's a fitness model with dollar signs in her eyes. Of course she's "into you." :jerkbag:

Yep, I'm angry.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Don't trust a lady that names the kid Brexton

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
at that point it's already too late

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dale Jr. spent much of last year after the concussion with no intention of coming back this season: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...4034942001.html

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I'm actually surprised that he did tbh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I'm actually surprised that he did tbh

I kind of wish he hadn't. I love the guy but the risks are not worth it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyPksrwQNo

When you have the championship won do whatever you want!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
some say, on a warm autumn day, you can still hear Rick cleaning that windshield

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

dentist toy box posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyPksrwQNo

When you have the championship won do whatever you want!

I didn't remember this- good stuff. I think Gordon clinched the championship with a finish of 41st or better (in a 42 car field) and/or by leading a lap. He led the lap early on, then had some sort of mechanical issue and went a bunch of laps down, so the long pit stop didn't matter.

e- Wiki says an Earnhardt win and Gordon 42nd place finish would've won Earnhardt the title. Earnhardt won, while Gordon finished 32nd, 14 laps down.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 18, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, and I think by that point other cars had retired which made the whole practice a non-issue anyway.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

IIRC Hendrick entered an extra car to start and park to ensure Jeff the championship.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

gret posted:

IIRC Hendrick entered an extra car to start and park to ensure Jeff the championship.

Pretty sure Childress did the same thing in 94 as well.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Kyle Busch wins stage 1

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Kyle Busch wins stage 2

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

Kyle Busch wins stage 1

VikingSkull posted:

Kyle Busch wins stage 2

The Cup race is tonight?

:thunk:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Kyle Busch wins stage 2

I hope he gets stage 3.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

wicka posted:

I hope he gets stage 3.

Thanks rear end

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I appreciate NBCSN taking its time to address Kyle running Xfinity by saying "there's a lot of good racers in this Xfinity race like Logano and Dale Jr"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/KGonYT/status/898379544528375813

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

exploded mummy posted:

I appreciate NBCSN taking its time to address Kyle running Xfinity by saying "there's a lot of good racers in this Xfinity race like Logano and Dale Jr"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

Thanks rear end

I meant cancer.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lmao these guys are so dumb

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
if you banned Cup teams from participating and then forced the Cup guys to race for smaller teams you'd solve everything with nearly no drawbacks but lol @ people being rational anymore

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have nothing constructive to add

gently caress Kyle Busch

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

if you banned Cup teams from participating and then forced the Cup guys to race for smaller teams you'd solve everything with nearly no drawbacks but lol @ people being rational anymore

Did you know that KBM isn't a Cup team? Wild, huh?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I mean I don't disagree that they should also do that but it's not going to solve everything alone because you'll still have poo poo like JRM, KBM, BKR etc acting as defacto Cup teams

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

You really could have "Saved"/"Avoided" this poo poo had they kept Trux/XFS as an excuse to run venues that Cup doesn't go to.

Notice how Kyle doesn't run Road America, MoSport, and such?

As it stands? I think both are just an exercise in futility at this point. Maybe taking the old dog out back and putting it down is the best thing right now. Hell NASCAR used to use "modifieds" as the defacto Busch Series...maybe it's time they go that route again or something.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

kidcoelacanth posted:

Did you know that KBM isn't a Cup team? Wild, huh?

where does he get his stuff from

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

FuzzySkinner posted:

You really could have "Saved"/"Avoided" this poo poo had they kept Trux/XFS as an excuse to run venues that Cup doesn't go to.

Its not that simple. They run on Cup weekends because its massively cheaper. Goodyear, Sunoco, trackside support, timing crew, stewards, TV crews, security, promotion, ushers, officials, hot dog vendors, they are all already at the track getting paid for the day. Goodyear doesnt need to make a new tire, NASCAR doesnt need to pay a separate crew, track doesnt have to pay for separate advertising. Also, it helps sell Cup tickets to have Busch/Trucks in support. Also, it increases the (lately very thin) Busch/Trucks crowds, which matters for the few actual sponsors left in the lower series (that are likely all going to bail soon, sooo).

Some of these upped costs will get passed to the teams, which isnt great considering the field and sponsorship problems. And on the track side, theyve gotta have enough seats and be able to ACTUALLY SELL enough of those seat for a stand alone truck race to make monetary sense, and they have to do it with a field full of unknown drivers. Its a tough sell, at best, in a climate where viewership and interest is already tanking.

If Trucks wants to run only small tracks, it needs to go into dramatic ARCA cost cutting mode to make it work. Which would probably kill it all together, unless it turns into a series whose customers are actually just the rich kids dads (like Lights) or rich gentleman drivers (like GTD/PWC).

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

If Trucks wants to run only small tracks, it needs to go into dramatic ARCA cost cutting mode to make it work. Which would probably kill it all together, unless it turns into a series whose customers are actually just the rich kids dads (like Lights) or rich gentleman drivers (like GTD/PWC).

I think like you kinda implied earlier? We're kinda on the verge of seeing it die off as a whole.

I mean NASCAR has tried it's hand at series like a "converible" series and even an IndyCar series. Both really ended up going away as a whole.

It feels like ARCA, K&N, Whelen Modifieds would be able to pick up the slack as well at this point.

e: Hell a lot of NASCAR talent now comes from USAC, WOO. Add them to the mix.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 19, 2017

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
KB going for the weekend sweep. Bristol under the lights is my favorite race of the year. Rowdy nation!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Norns posted:

I have nothing constructive to add

gently caress Kyle Busch

:agreed:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Notice how Kyle doesn't run Road America, MoSport, and such?

Who won the first races at Montreal and Road America?

Kevin Harvick and Carl Edwards.

E- I also remember Kyle Busch moving Brad Keselowski out of the way unsuccessfully to try to win a race at Iowa in like 2009. Plus, remember Gateway 2010?

My point is different venues would be fun, but have private jet, sponsorship obligation, and desire, will race lower series. Making drivers ineligible for lower series points was what stopped them from going to non-companion races.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 19, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who won the first races at Montreal and Road America?

Kevin Harvick and Carl Edwards.

E- I also remember Kyle Busch moving Brad Keselowski out of the way unsuccessfully to try to win a race at Iowa in like 2009. Plus, remember Gateway 2010?

My point is different venues would be fun, but have private jet, sponsorship obligation, and desire, will race lower series. Making drivers ineligible for lower series points was what stopped them from going to non-companion races.

In theory I have no problem with that if...the venue is in a market Cup doesn't have a presence in or at an International venue. (Bring back Montreal, Mexico City)

But I'm really at the end of my rope with the existance of these series in a lot of ways. I hope this isn't take as a "HURR NASCAR SUCKS" post. I like Cup fine. I just think I'd much rather see Whelen, K&N and ARCA take the wheel in terms of TV time, sponsorship and being development series.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Ah yes, Whelen mods on TV, so we can watch 16 races with 30 cars and see Ryan Preece win half of the races

e- according to wikipedia there's been 57 drivers who have made a start in the Whelen series this year and a whole 7 of them have started every race

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 19, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
here you go Fuzzy

name that track, 1975

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Holy poo poo Erik Jones looks exactly like Kevin Bacon in Tremors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

VikingSkull posted:

here you go Fuzzy