Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gonna take a slight variation on Heragator to a store championship tomorrow.

(100)

"Zeb" Orrelios (18) - Attack Shuttle
Phantom (0)

Hera Syndulla (59) - VCX-100
Accuracy Corrector (3), Twin Laser Turret (6), Navigator (3), Lando Calrissian (3), Ghost (0), Engine Upgrade (4)

Ahsoka Tano (23) - TIE Fighter
Veteran Instincts (1), Sabine's Masterpiece (1), Captured TIE (1), Cassian Andor (2), Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

I feel it will do well against Nym and fair ship rebels. It'll crash and burn against PS10 imperial cruise missiles, but I'm ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

ConfusedUs posted:

Gonna take a slight variation on Heragator to a store championship tomorrow.

(100)

"Zeb" Orrelios (18) - Attack Shuttle
Phantom (0)

Hera Syndulla (59) - VCX-100
Accuracy Corrector (3), Twin Laser Turret (6), Navigator (3), Lando Calrissian (3), Ghost (0), Engine Upgrade (4)

Ahsoka Tano (23) - TIE Fighter
Veteran Instincts (1), Sabine's Masterpiece (1), Captured TIE (1), Cassian Andor (2), Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

I feel it will do well against Nym and fair ship rebels. It'll crash and burn against PS10 imperial cruise missiles, but I'm ok with that.

Interesting. What's the strategy with Hera and Ahsoka?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I would ditch lando but thata just me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

IronSaber posted:

Between Hera and Navigator, he pretty much picks wherever he wants to go. Ashoka lets him take a bonus action to boost to keep at range 3 of most ships so he can plink away and do 2 rounds of shooting with tlt and accuracy corrector. If he plays it right and has a bit of luck he will only be shot at once a turn at range 3 while dealing out 4 damage.

When it works right it is more boring to fly against than 4 tlt lists.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I ended up ranking 18th on the Gen Con Friday qualifiers....now I had to wake up early and play more X-Wing with people that will wreck me but I really just want to demo a bunch more board games. I am thankful this is the worst thing happening to me right now.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

I ended up ranking 18th on the Gen Con Friday qualifiers....now I had to wake up early and play more X-Wing with people that will wreck me but I really just want to demo a bunch more board games. I am thankful this is the worst thing happening to me right now.

I ranked 5th. I was real excited until I realized I had to get up early and play at least another 3 rounds.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

Use the combo of Hera and Navigator to choose (almost) any move you want at PS7. If you dial in a green, you can switch to any straight or bank maneuver. If you dial in a red, you can do any turn or the k-turn.

Your priorities are, in this order:

1) Get shot at by no ships, while still having a shot.
2) Only get shot at by one ship, preferably at range 3
3) Be out of range of everything

Your action will almost always be to boost or to evade.

Ahsoka lets you react to one higher-than-seven pilot skill ship with Cassian. You can use just regular intel agent, but I went with Cassian because it may let me avoid bombs.

Ahsoka also lets you take an action, such as boost, evade, or Lando at the start of the combat phase. This is almost the only time I use Lando.

banned from Starbucks posted:

I would ditch lando but thata just me.

I've tried the 3PO version, and there are simply too many games where he does little or nothing. You have to have an evade die to trigger him at all, and that's simply not always possible. Lando, on the other hand, is:

L) thrilling to use
A) a great start-of-combat action if you don't need some other action
N) better defensively if you get cornered or attacked by multiple ships with extra focuses or evades
D) can help offense via extra focuses
O) the most handsome man in the galaxy

Usually he's good for one token, and two tokens is more likely than none. Sure, he blanks out occasionally, but that's why I only use him in dire situations or as my extra action from Ahsoka.

Raged posted:

Between Hera and Navigator, he pretty much picks wherever he wants to go. Ashoka lets him take a bonus action to boost to keep at range 3 of most ships so he can plink away and do 2 rounds of shooting with tlt and accuracy corrector. If he plays it right and has a bit of luck he will only be shot at once a turn at range 3 while dealing out 4 damage.

When it works right it is more boring to fly against than 4 tlt lists.

Yeah it's a frustrating list to fly against, that's why I'm taking it out of town. gently caress those guys in Oklahoma City. :)

----

Slandible posted:

I ranked 5th. I was real excited until I realized I had to get up early and play at least another 3 rounds.

enigmahfc posted:

Congrats, dudes! Whatcha flying?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Dengar Nym with heavy munitions.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So how do people store and organize their bases?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

bunnyofdoom posted:

I have several Feldharr foam trays and a few of them have slots to hold a bunch of bases and pegs. Some of the ship slots are also big enough for the base + miniature.

For the actual ship card bases, I just have them separated out big vs. small and by faction.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bunnyofdoom posted:

Cardboard:
In the famous Plano 5231, I have small ship bases by faction and then by ship in the upper lid area.
Large bases go in the other compartment of some weirdly sized plano case I bought to fit the Hounds Tooth, Decimator and Shadowcaster.

Plastic:
6 large bases and pegs in my bag, about a dozen small bases and pegs in my bag, and the rest thrown into a giant pile at the back of a shelf.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Didn't do too well in day 2. Had tough matchups and players finishing 6-3 over two days. Snuck in at 29th though to get the nifty leather storage box. One guy I lost to is currently playing in top 4 right now, so I know it wasn't me playing bad now.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Well I went 1-3 today. There were zero Nyms. Only one fair ship rebels, which I didn't play.

I teched against the wrong lists.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Two of the guys in the final fly at the same store as a friend of mine. Milwaukee x-wing represent I guess.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Raged posted:

Excuse me, Hera is a lady.

Anyways, I never really thought of Cassian Andor as a useful card since it is usually hard for me to predict where an enemy is going to go. What is the best way to utilize him?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There isn't.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cassian is a card to be a super blocker, in an era where blocking doesn't matter as much.
Suppose you think the guy you're blocking is either choosing option A or B, and you can block either.
You dial in A, and then guess B. If the guy dialed in A, good, you're already covering it. If the guy dialed in B, his ability triggers and you can switch to block at B.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You also learn their maneuver for things like post dial movement.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Chemmy posted:

You also learn their maneuver for things like post dial movement.

Then it just seems like an expensive Intelligence Agent.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cassian might have been a great crew card in wave 7 or earlier when blocking really mattered and PTL aces ruled the field

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Slandible posted:

Yeah, me too. I actually didn't think I would make it too the second day, so I had other events planned....had to turn those in. I ended up at 45 place over all, but considering there were like 250 people across the two days, I am completely cool with that. Nearly everyone I played was cool as gently caress too. 7 out of I think 8 of us from our local group here in the Louisville area made it to the second day, so that was cool too.

I'm glad I did the N.A. championships, and now I think I will never do it again; 9 rounds over just over a 24 hour period was.....rough.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ran the 35 point Furball tournament at my local FLGS. We had 11 players so we did it on a double mat and had 3 1 hour rounds with respawns. It was a ton of fun. I ran Soontir and a couple of others flew him too. It wasn't even close, but I did not claim first since I was running it and I win 95% of the tourneys there. With me bowing out the winners were tied with one kid flying a tlt aggressor with ruthlessness and a Wookie Gunship(Wullff) with VI & Commandos.

It was a good fun break from 100 point tourneys

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

For small ship bases I've added rubber washers to, I keep one with each miniature. Large ship bases have their own slot.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Should have been clear. The cardboard

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Should have been clear. The cardboard

I use a bunch of Ultra Pro 12-pocket pages for small base tokens and 5-pocket pages for large base ones.

I keep them all in the same zip-up binder where I store all my upgrade and crew cards.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The best part of that store championship yesterday was at the end, when I ran into a small group of people talking about Zuckuss pilot.

Turns out one of them had brought FennZuckMan!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can never tell if the people on the X-wing painting Facebook page are serious or not.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Jesus, Gencon is all consuming. I didn't even get to check the thread to try and say hey to anybody. Hopefully if you wanted one of the score to settle/debt to pays you got one, otherwise let me know and I'll try and mail you one or whatever.

OUR BOY NATHAN PULLED THROUGH

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Brunas posted:

Jesus, Gencon is all consuming. I didn't even get to check the thread to try and say hey to anybody. Hopefully if you wanted one of the score to settle/debt to pays you got one, otherwise let me know and I'll try and mail you one or whatever.

OUR BOY NATHAN PULLED THROUGH

How many did you pick up?

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

IronSaber posted:

How many did you pick up?

Oh I made them! I have about 20ish? of each, but I'll have them at NOVA if you'll be there as well.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Brunas posted:

Oh I made them! I have about 20ish? of each, but I'll have them at NOVA if you'll be there as well.

Neat! I have no idea what NOVA is, so I will probably not be there.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

I'm so glad Nathan won. I can't wait to watch people copy his list and get Corran killed over and over in the coming weeks.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Bear Is Driving posted:

I'm so glad Nathan won. I can't wait to watch people copy his list and get Corran killed over and over in the coming weeks.

What was his list?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

IronSaber posted:

What was his list?

Nym-
Genius
Adsensors
Engine
Vi
Tlt
Bomblet
Havoc

Corran-
Ptl
R2d2
Adsensors
Engine

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

Corran Horn (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
R2-D2 (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 96

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Nathan is like the ancient Kung-Fu master of Corran Horn, so use this list at your own risk!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The official forums are already calling for the death of regen lmao

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've been calling for the death of regen forever.

I hate the run away and win on points play style it enables

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I've been calling for the death of regen forever.

I hate the run away and win on points play style it enables

First time I played against a regen ship was in the final of my first tourney. That is when the true power of our lord and saviour Fenn Rau was revealed to me as he smote Corran in one shot.

I miss flying him.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

First time I played against a regen ship was in the final of my first tourney. That is when the true power of our lord and saviour Fenn Rau was revealed to me as he smote Corran in one shot.

I miss flying him.

Fenn Rau owns and is a great answer to most regen nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Wave 12
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/21/bring-on-the-alpha-strike/

Lol @ jam

• Locked thread