Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/899008521726861312

You know all the doom warnings about the coming north american eclipse are funny and all but if Donald Trump is actually performing some sort of Lovecraftian ritual to summon an elder god then I want you all to know that I loving called it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Covok posted:

Can we be done with these articles already? We have opinion polls. Also, every time an editorial like this is written, it's always written in the shittiest way possible. Smug, annoying, Etc.

Well, this little nugget is buried in there:

"A recent Monmouth University poll found that, of the current 41 percent of Americans who approve of the job he is doing, 61 percent say they cannot see Mr. Trump doing anything that would make them disapprove of him."

61% of 41% is just over 25%. Of probably Republicans. Now, granted: that's just one poll, but 25% of Republicans do not a plurality make.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

Well, this little nugget is buried in there:

"A recent Monmouth University poll found that, of the current 41 percent of Americans who approve of the job he is doing, 61 percent say they cannot see Mr. Trump doing anything that would make them disapprove of him."

61% of 41% is just over 25%. Of probably Republicans. Now, granted: that's just one poll, but 25% of Republicans do not a plurality make.

GWB's approval never dipped below 29%. I don't see Trump's ever going lower. He could strangle a baby on live TV and it wouldn't matter.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

You know all the doom warnings about the coming north american eclipse are funny and all but if Donald Trump is actually performing some sort of Lovecraftian ritual to summon an elder god then I want you all to know that I loving called it first.

By the time the Elder Gods are summoned we'd be too insane to notice your "I told you so"

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

PainterofCrap posted:

"...61 percent say they cannot see Mr. Trump doing anything that would make them disapprove of him."

Shoot a man in broad daylight on 5th Avenue, indeed.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

MrFlibble posted:

if Donald Trump is actually performing some sort of Lovecraftian ritual to summon an elder god...
Then I'll finally have to admit he's done something worthwhile with his life.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its amazing how many of these fine neo nazis are felons or soon to be criminals. But I wasn't expecting 2017 to be the year of Republicans loving themselves over between stickman three striking himself out and that senator finding out he's been gerrymandered off a voting roll.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Deteriorata posted:

GWB's approval never dipped below 29%. I don't see Trump's ever going lower. He could strangle a baby on live TV and it wouldn't matter.

Careful...he's plunged through every other floor, so far.

Even so, that's a sound assessment. However, GOP leaders cannot be finding 30% a secure base with 2018 looming.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
His last day in office Trump reveals he was secretly Nyarlathotep, his approval finally drops below 25% as his base realizes this means he was black the whole time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MrFlibble posted:

that's why Ted Cruz ran against him, he doesn't want the competition

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Crabtree posted:

Its amazing how many of these fine neo nazis are felons or soon to be criminals. But I wasn't expecting 2017 to be the year of Republicans loving themselves over between stickman three striking himself out and that senator finding out he's been gerrymandered off a voting roll.

Hold up, what's that last one? I missed that story apparently.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

MrFlibble posted:

Oh yeah "eclipse". Like the President doesn't swallow the sun and drink the oceans.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Deteriorata posted:

Why exactly?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

business hammocks posted:

It's 10 years. He'll be 50 when he's out, and will have spent 1/3 of his life in prison.

In a sick way, it's kind of delicious. Because you know he was in favor of those laws since they're particularly made by Republicans to hurt black people. I guess he just never realized it hurts him to. The only people Republicans actually care about are the rich and he's not rich.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

MrFlibble posted:

In his house at R'lyeh dead Covfefe waits dreaming.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

25-30% of the population will support any Republican president, no matter what he does. Even Nixon, at the very depths of Watergate when he resigned, still had upper 20s approval. There is also a fraction (whose size I don't know) who would support a Democratic president no matter what, as well.

I guess it's like supporting a sports team. If you're a fan, you stick with them win or lose. Some people are the same way about politics.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

p sure trump worships gork and mork

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tarezax posted:

Hold up, what's that last one? I missed that story apparently.

Oh whoops, my bad, its a senate candidate for Keebler Elf's seat, but yeah he's still a rep, a republican and a Trumpite that is already running anti Turtle Ads.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MrFlibble posted:

but if Donald Trump is actually performing some sort of Lovecraftian ritual to summon an elder god then I want you all to know that I loving called it first.
Till all are one, till all are one, we scream as we slowly join the wriggling jellylike mass of Cov'fe'fe the One Corncob.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I pissed my mom off today. She said that taking down confederate statues is wrong because if we forget our history we're doomed to repeat it.

Oh well whatever I tried

gently caress that, keep it up, heavy and hot and hard whenever you see an opening. It's the only way to save her, and that is what you are trying to do.

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/898975956387418112

yikes!
wish people would stop pretending antifa is as bad as nazis
i dunno how people disagree with black power. guess being lily-white helps

Five rows of stars. Let's count how many are in each row...7,7,6..6...5..

i am harry fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 20, 2017

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

1) they wanted to conceal their individual identities so that, you know, they wouldn't get their asses arrested afterward
2) they wanted to say "yo, our loyalty is to the American States, not to George"

3)Drunk off thier asses. Fantastically poo poo faced.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lmao gently caress this little bitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjI0ups8L0

I'm making it my mission in life to make him squeal and squeal.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Deteriorata posted:

25-30% of the population will support any Republican president, no matter what he does. Even Nixon, at the very depths of Watergate when he resigned, still had upper 20s approval. There is also a fraction (whose size I don't know) who would support a Democratic president no matter what, as well.

I guess it's like supporting a sports team. If you're a fan, you stick with them win or lose. Some people are the same way about politics.

Says who? By what metric can that just be declared as truth? Why that number?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Says who? By what metric can that just be declared as truth? Why that number?

It's called empiricism. It's based on the observation of reality.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ague Proof posted:

Does Spicer think he can ever escape from the joke he made his life into by working for Trump?

gently caress if i were him I'd be all over that poo poo, I'd set my location as "AMONG the bushes" and make my profile a formal picture of me standing behind a bush. It's not like he'll ever want for a thing, he's going to be filthy rich for life. Might as well leverage his rep because it ain't going away.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/898938358294097921

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/898975315044728834

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Deteriorata posted:

It's called empiricism. It's based on the observation of reality.

That trump is magic and can't drop below a magic number because Nixon didn't? Why did Nixon get to the scientific lowest possible number?

Covok
May 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/898976786612051968

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Unless Mueller somehow takes down Pence, too, and we end up with President Paul Ryan. :aaaaa:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The only hitch to the GOP gamble is that if Trump goes and the Rs don't save him from Impeachment, does the base turn on the Rs? They seem to have attached themselves hard to Trump himself and would double down hard with their dear leader by instinct until the very end. Maybe even further if some of them blame Pence for betraying them.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

Unless Mueller somehow takes down Pence, too, and we end up with President Paul Ryan. :aaaaa:

He did aid anc abet treason wrt Flynn, so if there is justice he will be taken down by the scandal too. But Trump would have likely not had it push this hard on him if he had kept his mouth as shut as Pence's, so...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

business hammocks posted:

It's 10 years. He'll be 50 when he's out, and will have spent 1/3 of his life in prison.

With the way that California prison overcrowding is I can see him being out in 4/5.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I still have trouble with the idea that the GOP would turn on Trump that hard due to the sheer blow to prestige involved. I'm not sure I buy the GOP being calculating enough to decide dumping Trump is the better decision in the long run.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crabtree posted:

The only hitch to the GOP gamble is that if Trump goes and the Rs don't save him from Impeachment, does the base turn on the Rs? They seem to have attached themselves hard to Trump himself and would double down hard with their dear leader by instinct until the very end. Maybe even further if some of them blame Pence for betraying them.

Why would they? They always just move on and forget. Trump matters to them as long as he's in front of their faces. One he's gone, they'll find an excuse to love Ryan or whoever until he fails.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

With the way that California prison overcrowding is I can see him being out in 4/5.

No parole on a three-strikes conviction.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MrFlibble posted:

what the over-under Donnie doesn't even know what's happening on monday?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

MrFlibble posted:

He's going to bungle that too somehow so I'm still hopeful we'll get out of this

Cythereal posted:

I still have trouble with the idea that the GOP would turn on Trump that hard due to the sheer blow to prestige involved. I'm not sure I buy the GOP being calculating enough to decide dumping Trump is the better decision in the long run.

That depends on if you think their primary sin is pride or cowardice.

It's clearly the latter and the week after he's impeached fox will say they've never heard of him. And suddenly you'll meet a lot of "independents" who "totally voted 3rd party in 2016"

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Cythereal posted:

Pence has the opportunity to approach the tortilla caucus, the tuesday group, every GOP house and senate member that /isn't/ deeply aligned with the leadership, AND all of the dems. He can arrange to pull article 25, appoint a neutral party that satisfies enough people in the house and senate as his veep, and resign. That appointed neutral party can then manage the presidency while the House decides upon a process to appoint a new Speaker of the House, with the understanding that when the neutral party president is satisfied, he will resign and the new speaker will ascend. Getting the stink of scandal and the misdemeanor of nazi sympathy as far from the Office of the President as possible. Sets pence up to be a hero, with very little work from him (much more fun than 6 years as POTUS). Throws the GOP leadership under the bus, but puts country over party (and the best opportunity for the GOP to survive /as/ a party, or - if not - for the congressmen that turn to hope for a career after this shakes out).

edit: I mean, Pence is quickly coming upon a Ford moment. Ford pardoned nixon, and lost the next election. A lot has been said about his decision to pardon. Pence can be much more sophisticated in efforts to heal the nation. He can do better than Ford. Really, his legacy depends upon it.

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 20, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aww, Mikey thinks he knows stuff, that's adorable.

Seriously, though, Jared is the safest person in Trump's inner circle right now. There's only one thing Trump cares about besides himself, and that's his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

this is a trillion percent correct btw, and I've seen a few posts to this effect

All of these companies now boycotting them had released definitive statements of support as recently as a month or two ago for sites like The Daily Stormer

If they had just kept it to approved topics of discourse they would've been fine, but they tossed the dogwhistles away because it was more fun to be honest

Interestingly, this is also taking down the myth of the Confederacy and especially the memorializing of it practically loving overnight

• Locked thread