Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

Are any of the other Defenders uniforms worth it aside from Hobo-fist?

Luke Cage is decent but none of them come close to Shirtless Rand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

luke cage summons a taxi throwing waifu so its pretty good

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Finally managed to clear stage 30 sl with kid kaiju. Had to use Thanos and dorm on 29, next time I think I'll save Jean for that one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm stuck on Stage 14 because my options are 3 Combat Rumbles and all my effective Blast characters are burned. My only hope is that I can beef up Songbird to 4/17/6 this week and maybe she stands a chance. Yet somehow I still have all my Speed characters because I swear not a single Blast stage popped up in 14 rds.

I don't like the new Shadowland.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I remember someone saying that the new Elektra costume is supposed to make her decent. Is that true?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So I just got Jean, BUT that Thanos costume seems pretty rad. Now I don't know who to invest in.

(AND I still have about 75% of Dormmy to go from 59 to 60.)

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Nails posted:

I remember someone saying that the new Elektra costume is supposed to make her decent. Is that true?

Elektra is already decent with her previous upgrade. Her uniform doesn't take add much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Elektra is already decent with her previous upgrade. Her uniform doesn't take add much

I think it looks pretty cool. I'm going to end up getting it since I already have her at 6* with like 200 bios.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iThanos is loving annoying. I can do it but I just can't be bothered at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I only bother with iThanos if I really want to play and everything else is done/burned. With my current roster I could probably do 5/5 with him if I really tried but its just not worth the hassle.

OperatorAndroid
Oct 22, 2008
At what point should I be able to start shadowlands? I've got Sharon almost ready to t2 and Loki is close too and I've got a bunch of other characters I've been collecting cause I like them but they are 5 star and less. I tried the first floor and didn't do so well. I tried putting isos on her according the set bonus menu for hawks eye but it still says I have the weak point one activated. Would her costume help any? Anybody in particular I should be working on that would help?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You need fully developed 60/6/4/17 characters to make a dent in Shadowland. Level 60, 6 skill level, 17/20 gear. T2s help but you won't be able to do anything with anyone who isn't at 60/6/4/17.

I just tended to plug away at it every week and eventually I could clear one stage. Then the next week I could clear 2. Then 3. Etc, etc.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
Yeah, if I were you, I wouldn't worry at all about Shadowlands at this point. I've got a roster of 8 T2s and 9 6/6/17+ish dudes, and I can barely get to level 9. If you want to set a goal for yourself, I'd focus on getting a team of 3 6/6/4/20 dudes ready to take on Black Order members, and try to work towards getting 5 of those teams to take on each order member every day so you can eventually unlock them and grind chaos norns/black matter for leveling them up or for the epic quests. Beyond that, just try to spend your time working towards building up characters you like or are interested in. Maybe the shortest term goal is working towards winning all 3 Villain Siege battles, and after that Alliance Battle, and after that Black Order fights, and once you can win all of those things reliably, THEN you can go for Shadowlands. Also, try to get the dudes you build up costumes, because it makes a big difference. Usually the latest one is the best, in my experience.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, work on WBR. If you can get to the point where you can do 5/5 every day (besides iThanos) then you should be at the point where you can clear a stage or 2 at least in Shadowland. I didn't start doing anything in Shadowland until I was already almost all the way there to 5/5 on WBR. I remember that because the Stage 1 Chaos Stones were a weekly thing for me to fight for along with the WBR so I could get past that mission with the Strange Epic Quest.

As said, you just focus on getting your roster ranked up to 60/6/4/17 one at a time. It will take awhile but in time i was doing about 2 a week and eventually that added up enough to help me start doing something in those bigger stages. But I didn't start really doing anything in WBR or Shadowland until I had my Sharon Rogers and Lady Lokis T2ed and that was just the start. They also put me over the top for me to be able to clear Alliance Battle and easily beat the Hard Villian Siege.

OperatorAndroid
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll focus on Sharon and Loki then keep moving down the line leveling guys up. When I get some more crystals I'll grab Loki's or Sharon's costume. Maybe grab iron fist's costume since it's on sale and everyone says it's good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

You need fully developed 60/6/4/17 characters to make a dent in Shadowland. Level 60, 6 skill level, 17/20 gear. T2s help but you won't be able to do anything with anyone who isn't at 60/6/4/17.

I just tended to plug away at it every week and eventually I could clear one stage. Then the next week I could clear 2. Then 3. Etc, etc.

No don't upgrade skills to 6!!!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

No don't upgrade skills to 6!!!!!

Counter point do raise them to six for that little extra because you suck at the game and it's the easiest way to get more damage.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

p.s. this is the new leader of worst alliance. address all complaints accordingly.

It's true. I love complaints, please address them to me so I can ignore them.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

MarcusSA posted:

Counter point do raise them to six for that little extra because you suck at the game and it's the easiest way to get more damage.

It's also highly recommended for any skill that buffs you or gives invincibility, since it tends to raise the buffs and extend the buff times.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also summon skills.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yes, upgrade the 5% of skills that actually improve upon upgrade

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
If you're ever sitting on a bunch of gold, remember that the most generic T2 passive includes a percent increase to the bonus damage part of your skills. The more you upgrade those, the more the passive's bonus is actually doing for you. It's... not typically a lot, but it's there. Characters with flavored T2 passives don't even consider this ever.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait, how the hell do you upgrade a passive skill?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you upgrade your skills and they do more damage and any percentage modifiers are now adding more damage than they were

upgrading skills is a low priority unless a) they have some sort of % based scaling built into the skill itself, ie buffs or debuffs or summons, stuff like that b) you have a ton of gold and nothing much to spend it on c) you love the character dearly and you want em to have only the best things in life

i usually level them all to 3 in the absence of a reason to go futher because each skill level increase has a flat effect but the gold cost increases so you get more value out of earlier skill increases than later ones

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I know how to upgrade skills but passives don't have upgrade buttons.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Passive skills rank up when the character's mastery is increased.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No you're thinking of leadership skills.

This is basically response to AzraelNewtype saying you should be able to upgrade those passives past level 1. This Magneto is maxed out with everything else.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hes saying if you rank up your skills then passives that boost those skills are doing more for you because theyre adding a percentage to a bigger number

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

The Dave posted:

Yeah I know how to upgrade skills but passives don't have upgrade buttons.

What he means in that every T2 Passive has a varying % increase to "Bonus Damage" which for most skills is the only thing boosted when you rank them up. Once you hit T2, there's an argument to be made that it's worth ranking up those skills because the increase goes further thanks to the % bonus T2 gives you

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh damnit I thought I overlooked something obvious and could have gotten a boost to all my dudes.

Thanks for the clarification.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hey all! I just started playing and loving this game so far. I applied to Worst Alliance as "denki boy".

Looking forward to playing more!

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

jjef posted:

Hey all! I just started playing and loving this game so far. I applied to Worst Alliance as "denki boy".

Looking forward to playing more!

you're in!

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

Doomtalker posted:

you're in!

Great! Thanks!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OK so here's the deal: should my next T2 be Chode, Mantis, Yellowjacket, Captain Marvel, or Jane Thor?

Here's my dudes now, I don't think I have any huge gaps or weaknesses in the roster:

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

fart simpson posted:

OK so here's the deal: should my next T2 be Chode, Mantis, Yellowjacket, Captain Marvel, or Jane Thor?

Here's my dudes now, I don't think I have any huge gaps or weaknesses in the roster:

From your list I have Mantis and Yellowjacket at T2 and they are both really good, mantis might have the edge for me though because I really enjoy playing her.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Which one is better in Risk?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

mantis probably because of the sleep field but her t2 only gives ignore defense i think. yellowjackets t2 iirc makes him very powerful and i use him in late stage shadowlands still

gently caress shadowlands stage 29. jean odin wolverine only barely won and they're all 420 and have urus and poo poo.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ramadu posted:

mantis probably because of the sleep field but her t2 only gives ignore defense i think. yellowjackets t2 iirc makes him very powerful and i use him in late stage shadowlands still

gently caress shadowlands stage 29. jean odin wolverine only barely won and they're all 420 and have urus and poo poo.

I've lost motivation to play hard after stage 15. Got up to 27 last week, not sure i'll go past 25 this week.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

floor 28 or something gave me a choice of a combat rumble or a combat rumble which was really awesome and i was forced to waste sharon there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

fart simpson posted:

i really like YJ at t2. As far as risk goes I feel like either Mantis or YJ would be your best bets, maybe lean Mantis since CC is much more useful in risk.