Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
FWIW I saw a Miiverse post on Splatoon 2 was simply "NO DOGS ON THE MOON!" which was prettyu great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I liked old sad Dave Grohl.

Also WTF is Matt Walsh doing in a basketball game? That's such odd casting. For a voiceover, sure, but his likeness?

It's part of the story that NBA2k puts in career mode.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Question about the TAZ finale:

what was the attack Joaquin did in reference to? I don't dig Overwatch so I didn't get the first one. is this more reference to that?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Little Mac posted:

what was the attack Joaquin did in reference to? I don't dig Overwatch so I didn't get the first one. is this more reference to that?

i think it was a reference to Pharah's ultimate, where she flies up and launches down a volley of rockets.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Mercury Hat posted:

Honest suggestion: are you faster at reading? There's fan transcripts out there and it looks like they're done except for the last episode. It's still a lot of material, but it might be more manageable for you? Here's what Google pulled up.

You'll miss out on voices and music and what have you, but you can go back and listen to individual bits or songs online.

this furthers my mission to use deep neural networks to synthesize entirely new mcelroy content

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, me too. Merle's infinite capacity for compassion is amazing.

the moments when clint pulls out the perfect acting at exactly the right moment are some of the best on the show. for instance: 0:57. (spoilers, obviously)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtAARzCK8Vk

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Little Mac posted:

It's supposed to look a bit like this

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I play a ton of Overwatch and I still had no idea what Griffin was talking about because I couldn't remember Joaquin doing anything resembling an Overwatch ult. Guess I should go back and relisten to that bit.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I was kind of surprised by Final Hunger because Justin at least I know it's a video gamer. How in the world do you, a person who has played video games, not immediately unload everything you have into the green orb. As soon as he said it was green I knew what it was gonna do.

just because someone plays videogames doesn't mean they're any good at them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I was kind of surprised by Final Hunger because Justin at least I know it's a video gamer. How in the world do you, a person who has played video games, not immediately unload everything you have into the green orb. As soon as he said it was green I knew what it was gonna do.

What was even worse was after it was revealed beyond a shadow of a doubt what the green orb does they still didn't take it out right away! You kill the healer first! That's just a fact of life!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

On the plus side not killing the healer gave them more chances for bond summoning before they actually killed him.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I assumed the Blue Orb they took out first was some sort of shield that blocked damage too so it would also have been a solid first target. Green should totally have been next though

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

I assumed the Blue Orb they took out first was some sort of shield that blocked damage too so it would also have been a solid first target. Green should totally have been next though

Your av makes me hungry for fast food burgs

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Magnus chose to use a bond attack on the red orb before the green one because it was "hurting [his] friends" because he was using in-character justification for his actions, which I appreciated because I try to do the same when I play RPGs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Eleventh Hour ep 8: "it's not what Julia would want" FUUUUUUCK ok I get it already. Travis' affection for Magnus is amazing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blasmeister posted:

the order makes sense when you think about how they had enough damage to burst down an orb per turn but then with the dps orbs active John had enough damage to kill two of them a turn.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The real question is why aren't the other coaches in NBA2k17 also UCB alumnus? I'd love to see Amy Pohler berating a ref for a controversy call.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Eleventh Hour ep 9: oh gently caress, ok, I fully get it now. Magnus asking Paloma if he made the right choice completely blindsided me and I started crying without even really realising. gently caress I LOVE THIS PODCAST

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
TAZ finale I think they slow rolled the 2nd phase of the John fight because they wrecked his first phase so fast. Magnus goomba stomped him pretty drat hard.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Escobarbarian posted:

Eleventh Hour ep 9: oh gently caress, ok, I fully get it now. Magnus asking Paloma if he made the right choice completely blindsided me and I started crying without even really realising. gently caress I LOVE THIS PODCAST

I really can't wait to relisten to eleventh hour. I'm nearly there!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Propaganda Hour posted:

TAZ finale I think they slow rolled the 2nd phase of the John fight because they wrecked his first phase so fast. Magnus goomba stomped him pretty drat hard.

Maybe it's just be but I had a hard time tracking what was going on for most of the finale.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Organza Quiz posted:

I play a ton of Overwatch and I still had no idea what Griffin was talking about because I couldn't remember Joaquin doing anything resembling an Overwatch ult. Guess I should go back and relisten to that bit.

Re: Joaquin His earlier Overwatch move was pointing a finger gun at several targets and then shooting all of them at once, like McCree's Deadeye ultimate.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe it's just be but I had a hard time tracking what was going on for most of the finale.

Me, too. I think it was one of the few bits where you had to be a gamer to make any sense of it. Not just for the in-jokes, but for a sense of what the individual parts of the battle were.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
The Garfield Monstrosity has come to life, and it's coming for you https://twitter.com/bigbigtruck/status/899285712670949378

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that the magic Brian from the live action short?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Escobarbarian posted:

Please keep posting whenever you hit a big moment like this, it makes me very happy.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Sure looks like it

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It definitely looks like him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Moatman posted:

The Garfield Monstrosity has come to life, and it's coming for you https://twitter.com/bigbigtruck/status/899285712670949378

The only way this costume could have been any better is if they had found a way to put a mask of the girls head on a cat.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Inzombiac posted:

You're not the only one. It's busy as hell and there's a lot of it. I had to relisten to the middle third for sure. I'm waiting until the postmortem before I pass judgment though.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
edit: wow wrong thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought it was pretty easy to follow, personally, and I'm one who's gotten bored and zoned out or skipped through other episodes before.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The transition between the final blow and the beach scene spun my head.
I didn't k ow it was over until it was over.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Welp, I finally finished the last TAZ Balance ep. I am very happy with that ending. I was never that into the Magnus & Julia stuff, but for some reason that scene was what finally made me burst into tears.

Side note, I went to the march in Boston yesterday wearing my TAZ donor bandana, and someone actually recognized it and struck up a conversation with me. I also passed some people talking about a Sizzle It Up With Taako shirt like 2 minutes from my apartment on Friday. :tinfoil: Is there any reliable metric on how popular this show is?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think my favorite Travis-ism in both MBMBaM and TAZ is when someone starts pitching an insane concept or explaining a weird idea, and Travis just utters a fascinated "Uh-huh?" in a tone that says he's fully aware of how nuts this is, but he really wants to see where it goes next.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder (not in spoilers cause it was like two or three episodes back), when the void fish broadcasted their life stories to the multiverse, did Magnus get the memories he sacrificed in the suffering game back.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I wonder (not in spoilers cause it was like two or three episodes back), when the void fish broadcasted their life stories to the multiverse, did Magnus get the memories he sacrificed in the suffering game back.

No, the Voidfish didn't have those.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I got into a convo on Twitter about it, and it is.

e: The thing in that scene that blew me away was Justin's acting. He played "completely dead inside" devastatingly well, and his counting down was downright scary.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 21, 2017

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

sticklefifer posted:

I think my favorite Travis-ism in both MBMBaM and TAZ is when someone starts pitching an insane concept or explaining a weird idea, and Travis just utters a fascinated "Uh-huh?" in a tone that says he's fully aware of how nuts this is, but he really wants to see where it goes next.

Or when he tries to make up a scenario where something weird that happens in the question is logically acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stroop There It Is posted:

Welp, I finally finished the last TAZ Balance ep. I am very happy with that ending. I was never that into the Magnus & Julia stuff, but for some reason that scene was what finally made me burst into tears.

Side note, I went to the march in Boston yesterday wearing my TAZ donor bandana, and someone actually recognized it and struck up a conversation with me. I also passed some people talking about a Sizzle It Up With Taako shirt like 2 minutes from my apartment on Friday. :tinfoil: Is there any reliable metric on how popular this show is?

Not sure about raw numbers but MBMBAM get about 5 million hits a week.
Both Griffin and Jessie Thorn have said that TAZ is more popular.

TAZ is incredible. If they released an album with even more music and SFX, I'd pay any price.