Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Cripes. 25000 spells and 1 million clicks? I'm trying to use an autoclicker to help the latter along, but the game doesn't seem to acknowledge my clicks when I use it. Is there a maximum speed for autoclicking?

You only get credit for 30 manual clicks per second, so you might as well set your autoclicker to a ~33 ms rate (or a smidge faster to be safe, maybe 30 ms).

But yes, 1 million clicks (whether you autoclicker them or use things like elf bloodline and moon blessing) effectively translates to "quite a few hours but less than a day", it's not something you'll be able to knock out in an hour or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

I'm a little confused about the Divinity Generator in ItrtG. I don't quite see the point in assigning clones to load stone into it when you can just buy a billion and instantly load them yourself, and I don't see any way you can automatically generate stone fast enough to keep it fed. What am I missing?

Once you upgrade converting speed a bit you won't want to be constantly adding stone manually, and you just do just buy the stone in bulk with divinity.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Sillybones posted:

What is the latest hotness?

I only just started it, but A Girl Adrift (andriod/ios) was mentioned a few pages back as being pretty good.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

dipple posted:

Once you upgrade converting speed a bit you won't want to be constantly adding stone manually, and you just do just buy the stone in bulk with divinity.

So then you still don't use the Divinity Generator? I played ITRTG for a fair bit a while ago but I never understood why I should use this thing either.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Merijn posted:

So then you still don't use the Divinity Generator? I played ITRTG for a fair bit a while ago but I never understood why I should use this thing either.

Some of the later creations...honestly, also some of the relatively early creations, require absurd amounts of stuff. To make one Ocean, as an example, you need thirty million water. Thirty million water requires 90 million air. 90 million air requires 180 million light. There's simply no way to feasibly create this. This is where the divinity generator comes in. You throw in a creation and get, if the divinity generator is completely un-upgraded, twice the amount of divinity back.So the plan is that you buy, say, a million stone, throw it into the divinity generator, and now you have two million stone's worth of divinity. which you use to buy stone etc.

Using the divinity generator is basically the only way to get the amounts of divinity you need for any of the later creations, many of which are relatively important (Nation, Continent and Weather are used for upgrading the All Stats monuments, but even though Nation is the cheapest of them, it's still prohibitively expensive, costing about 5.7 trillion divinity, or about the same as five billion stone.)

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

OK so you use that thing mainly manually, for increasing base materials exponentially.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Merijn posted:

OK so you use that thing mainly manually, for increasing base materials exponentially.

Basically, yeah. Though if you're going to be away for it for some time, you can create mountains (which auto-buys stones) - and set some clones to load stone into the divinity generator. Then you can essentially have it running all the time, even when you're not there.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm going to assume that there's some dumb thing that resets your "total time as evil/good/neutral" in RG that's going to make some of these researches bad, because none of my total times as those are over an hour

At least my time spent as each faction is kept

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sage Grimm posted:

Can't help you there, I got lucky it coincided with the Goblin Invasion where one of the bonuses was 1 click = 1000 for all intents and purposes.

Also your math is way off and it's under a day of idling. 18 auto-clicks/s * 60s/min * 60 min/hr * 24 hr/day = ~1.56 million clicks/day. Even accounting for the second lost between casts you can do it in about 18 hours.

Last page, but I just got a tip that says not all clicks are counted (or RG runs slower) when you put RG in a background tab, or minimize the window with RG. :doh:
That was probably it for me, I'm at 82% now so it should be done before the weekend.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Aurora posted:

I'm going to assume that there's some dumb thing that resets your "total time as evil/good/neutral" in RG that's going to make some of these researches bad, because none of my total times as those are over an hour

At least my time spent as each faction is kept

For the sake of unlocking the trophies Lucky Neutral, Perfectly Good, and Diabolical Evil, it uses alignment time across all Rs so you'll get them eventually.

For the sake of pretty much everything else that cares about alignment time (be it for an unlock or for scaling benefit), it uses alignment time this R. And yes, that does mean that for some research unlocks you need to chill in a single R as a single alignment for more than a day. (It's a good time to knock out Equality if you hadn't done so yet by that point.)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh don't worry I'm just coming back to the game and I've done most of the annoying time-balancing trophies a long time ago, I just didn't remember whether or not it would constantly wipe my "total time played as x alignment" whenever I close and reopen my Steam app/Kong page

Just a little weird and iffy and I'm not sure if it's because of the steam app or cloud saves or what

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

That stats screen is set up in a fairly dubious way. The toggle at the top swaps between current abdication ("this game") and this R ("total") for some of the stats. Other stats don't give a poo poo.

Here's the breakdown:

Buildings Owned: current abdication
Buildings Owned (Max): this R
Upgrades Purchased: current abdication
Assistants: current abdication
Assistants (Max): this R
Coins per Click: current abdication
Productive Clicks: depends on toggle
Coins Gained: depends on toggle
Coins Gained (Max): this R
- only for max coins within a single game, will be lower than this R version of previous stat which is cumulative
Coins Gained by Clicking: depends on toggle
Rubies Gained: depends on toggle
Rubies Gained (All Time): across all Rs
Mana Produced: depends on toggle
Spells Cast: depends on toggle

Playtime: depends on toggle
Playtime (Last Session): abdication before current one
Playtime (Longest Session): this R
Time Spent Offline: depends on toggle
Time Spent being Neutral: depends on toggle
Time Spent being Good: depends on toggle
Time Spent being Evil: depends on toggle

Exchanges Made: current abdication
Faction Coins Gained: current abdication
Per-faction FC: current abdication
- more accurately, current status right when you look at the stats screen, since you can spend them
Per-faction Alliances: across all Rs
- dragon may be absurdly high depending on when you were playing since there was a fairly long-standing bug in how it counted this for them
Per-faction Time Spent: across all Rs

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ah, just this R, that makes more sense

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Anyone noticing problems with autocasting in RG right now? With the event, I have 8 spells and i can't keep everything gold, tax collection never triggers.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Mayor McCheese posted:

I only just started it, but A Girl Adrift (andriod/ios) was mentioned a few pages back as being pretty good.

Aw, I don't have that sort of thing to run it. Thanks, though.

Is literally everyone else talking about Realm Grinder?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
There's that one guy that started a discussion about Idling to Rule the Gods that went on for about 10 posts. You may have missed it, it was on this very page. There was also this other guy that was making an idle game and had posted a beta copy, very similar to Idling to Rule the Gods except needing some more balancing in the early game. You may have also missed that, it was in the previous two pages where none dare tread.

You should idle more in this thread, I think.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sage Grimm posted:

There's that one guy that started a discussion about Idling to Rule the Gods that went on for about 10 posts. You may have missed it, it was on this very page. There was also this other guy that was making an idle game and had posted a beta copy, very similar to Idling to Rule the Gods except needing some more balancing in the early game. You may have also missed that, it was in the previous two pages where none dare tread.

You should idle more in this thread, I think.

Get this: It all sounds like the same jibberish. You could be talking about one game or ten.

edit: Thanks, btw.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Sillybones posted:

Get this: It all sounds like the same jibberish. You could be talking about one game or ten.

edit: Thanks, btw.

Not to sound rude but if it all sounds the same maybe this isn't the thread for you?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is there anything I should do before Ascension? I just got to R39; I've got 700 trophies right now; all challenges available are complete, and I have 11 Quest artifacts and 20 Lore artifacts. The only Researches I haven't unlocked are gated behind "hey, dig up 40 artifacts and then play Drow".

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Mayor McCheese posted:

A Girl Adrift is pretty cute, though in the long run I'm not sure how long I'll continue to play around with it. There's no offline progression at all and atm a significant chunk of my in-game time is just it sitting on the desk while I'm working, cruising around to auto-fish and waiting for minigame timers.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
lol wtf, RG: im on r3 and theres that first mercenary upgrade that says i t gets more expensive over time. i bought it but the only thing it unlocked was the ability to buy 1 other upgrade thats A LOOT more expensive?? what the h*ck was the point of buying it

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

lol wtf, RG: im on r3 and theres that first mercenary upgrade that says i t gets more expensive over time. i bought it but the only thing it unlocked was the ability to buy 1 other upgrade thats A LOOT more expensive?? what the h*ck was the point of buying it

The point of buying it was to unlock the second upgrade. Buying that upgrade permanently unlocks mercenaries.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is there anything I should do before Ascension? I just got to R39; I've got 700 trophies right now; all challenges available are complete, and I have 11 Quest artifacts and 20 Lore artifacts. The only Researches I haven't unlocked are gated behind "hey, dig up 40 artifacts and then play Drow".

Probably go clean up the lore artifacts

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

The second upgrade doesn't go up in cost over time, so you can take as long as you need to get it. You only need to get it once ever.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Ignoranus posted:

A Girl Adrift is pretty cute, though in the long run I'm not sure how long I'll continue to play around with it. There's no offline progression at all and atm a significant chunk of my in-game time is just it sitting on the desk while I'm working, cruising around to auto-fish and waiting for minigame timers.

That's pretty much what it's boiled down to (heh) for me. If you've been savvy you're set up at the midgame with all the automation it possibly can get but even then you'll have to paddle around collecting enough fishcakes so your DPS can keep up with your rank. That game loop practically grinds to a halt around Rank 27, unfortunately, which is about a day according to the game's stats. The unlocked portions give 1% increases for most stats, the amber altars all have substantial bonuses for the first buy-in but every level afterward is <1% increase. You have to collect a lot of materials to get your farm buildings and those again are 1% bonuses.

Really the only thing it has got going for it is ~fashion~. I'm riding around on a submarine using a sword for fishing. :3:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Aurora posted:

Probably go clean up the lore artifacts

I went ahead and started on that. Managed to pick up a couple so far, but... how the gently caress am I supposed to cast enough spells in a single abdication to stand a reasonable chance of getting the Bottled Voice, Goblin Purse, Stone of Balance, Titan Statue, and Translucent Goo? :pwn: Out of the ones currently available, I'm missing those five, the Mini-Treasure, the Divine Sword, Rotten Organ and Jaw Bone, Demonic Figurine, Demon Horn, Titan Shield, Octopus Helmet and Black Sword.

Any tips on the spellcasting artifact pursuits? I only really need seven more artifacts to finish my pre-Ascension research.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Set it, go to the Lara Crypt website to see what Excavation breakpoint works best, forget it until then (typically a day), excavate optimally, repeat. For any spellcasting trophy avoid researches that will extend durations, turn off the Druid Challenge 4, and get enough mana regen to be able to cast it as soon as it comes off cooldown. Alternatively Ascend, work your way to R42 and then use that time to also get spell tier 2 for some of them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Honestly you should've been working on artifacts for like the last ten reincarnations, but. :v:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Anyone noticing problems with autocasting in RG right now? With the event, I have 8 spells and i can't keep everything gold, tax collection never triggers.

I've long since gotten into the habit of putting TC on gold and everything else on bronze, so I don't have to worry about reordering my gold spells as more open up (alliances, lineages, etc.) to make sure TC is always the last one. And that's been working fine for me, even with the 8th spell from the event.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Well, there's the aforementioned lore artifact cleanup. The general advice is less "try to grind them all out in one R and a small number of excavations each by doing a shitload of repeats of the stuff that raises your odds" and more "go for one or two each R starting nice and early on, raise your odds some, but mostly just be willing to drop 1000+ excavations on each artifact".

At this point I wouldn't really worry too much about knocking them out pre-ascension, they shouldn't get appreciably more difficult post-ascension. It may take a few Rs for your max excavations per R to catch up, but you eventually get thousands and thousands per R to work with (I've gotten up to 14000 and could probably go higher now). Still, take advantage of all the excavations you get to work with each R, and quantity will eventually be a fine substitute for individual-excavation probability.

Aside from that, the big things that are important to do pre-ascension are druid challenge 1, Stoic Resistance trophy, and No Recruiting trophy, since they all get a shitload more difficult after ascension.

However, both of the trophies require you to be planning them before you enter the R, because you screw up Stoic Resistance by abdicating even once in the R (and of course you'll abdicate plenty, normally), and you screw up No Recruiting by ever joining mercenaries in the R. If you're already R39 and don't have them yet, you're stuck going for them post-ascension instead.

Druid challenge 1 though, if you haven't done it yet for some inane reason, go knock that out.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
In NGU, if I can barely kill fairies, it it worth it? Do they drop anything but gold? Or do I need to get more powerful to kill something else in the forest to gear up more?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Residual Toast posted:

In NGU, if I can barely kill fairies, it it worth it? Do they drop anything but gold? Or do I need to get more powerful to kill something else in the forest to gear up more?

You can't really gear up unless you can kill the boss so it's probably not worth it. The gold rewards aren't enough better for the time spent dying.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
lol holy poo poo i unlocked mercs in rg and feel like the real game just started

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

lol holy poo poo i unlocked mercs in rg and feel like the real game just started

:mrgw: wait until you get research

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I now feel silly for sitting for a few days (was doing the event so not that bad really) on Angels/Dwarfs on R1. Got Mana Wave done and was wondering why the hell I can't buy the next upgrade. Found out. Guess I'll have to wait till Ascension then, ahahaha!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm rounding out some Neutral Faction playtime since I don't have 5 days as all of them yet, it's all in like Mercs or Elves or poo poo from the various points I stopped playing

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
ItRtG chat: I just got a pet token from a free draw. I take it this is one of the more rare drops -- which pet should I unlock?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Do we have anyone playing Deep Town? It's very much a clicker game but I've been playing it and there's guilds that do... something.

You start out on ground level and work your way down a mineshaft building mining platforms to get materials for crafting and occasionally floors will have a boss type thing you have to out dps to move forward. 

It starts out with just coal and copper but eventually you get boatloads of different things from the mine that can craft. Things you dig up and craft can be sold for money or used as upgrade fodder. There's also quests that pop up sometimes like "farm x of y" or "get x mining platforms to level y".

Just wondering if we have anyone playing and a guild already or if I should make one because why not

Edit: here's an invite link. I get free stuff if you use it.

Join Deep Town crafters ranks, and we both get a free chest! https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?link=http...3uCX9JTkYssn1Xw

Len fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 20, 2017

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Len posted:

Do we have anyone playing Deep Town? It's very much a clicker game but I've been playing it and there's guilds that do... something.

You start out on ground level and work your way down a mineshaft building mining platforms to get materials for crafting and occasionally floors will have a boss type thing you have to out dps to move forward. 

It starts out with just coal and copper but eventually you get boatloads of different things from the mine that can craft. Things you dig up and craft can be sold for money or used as upgrade fodder. There's also quests that pop up sometimes like "farm x of y" or "get x mining platforms to level y".

Just wondering if we have anyone playing and a guild already or if I should make one because why not

Edit: here's an invite link. I get free stuff if you use it.

Join Deep Town crafters ranks, and we both get a free chest! https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?link=http...3uCX9JTkYssn1Xw

Can you make an iOS link?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is deep town idly at all? meaningful offline progression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

baram. posted:

is deep town idly at all? meaningful offline progression?

You do eventually unlock the ability to set a robot to auto collect resources for 8 hour chunks of time and all your crafting happens if the app is closed. All you've gotta do it the clicking to dig down which once you get a decent way down you'll be able to sell off a bunch of poo poo and over upgrade the laser to make that quick.

As for an iOS link it doesn't look like the Android link will give me anything but a play link