Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Knorth posted:

Houseki no Kuni has a neat look to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL3vytC1140

Same with Children of the Whale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKzNx2uy2c

I think Dav posted the Girls Last Tour trailer in here earlier, I really like the manga so I hope the anime is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_2PbMgwR8

This woman has flowers growing in her hair, so that seems pretty swell

these + kekkai sensen 2 are what i plan to watch barring any dark horse breakouts or w/e. particularly last girls tour looks like my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Definitely watching Inuyashiki, Vanishing Line, BBB&B, and still watching Altair. Probably checking out Kino, Code Realize, and Dies Irae.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
inuyashiki didn't end particularly well, but i'm a sucker for oku hiroya's old man characters.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

March Comes In kind of petered off for me. The Lion King tournament was the last thing to really interest me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

love live sunshine was a good show, i hope s2 is as good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Sunshine season 2 is as much of an improvement over season 1 as season 2 of og Love Live was over its season 1 then it might be aoty. If it's just as good as season 1 then it will still probably be one of the best of the season.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't fuckin' know, nothing looks interesting.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm looking forward to:

Kino's Journey
Girls Last Tour
Children of the Whale

The rest are kinda eh.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm excited for the season of idols.

Love Live Sunshine S2
Wake Up Girls S2
idolm@ster SideM

Other cool stuff:
Classicaloid S2
Kino
Houseki no Kuni
Osomatsu-san S2

Allarion fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 20, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

March Comes In kind of petered off for me. The Lion King tournament was the last thing to really interest me

It's almost like... March comes in like a lion.

Sunshine was my favorite thing in like forever, there's no way S2 is as good.

but maybe

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Two Car sounds like Sidehackers: The Anime.

Anyway, hell yes Love Live Sunshine S2 and Osomatsu-san S2.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I miss the cynical humor of early Wake Up Girls, before it turned into a generic underdog sports story. It would be nice if the new season recaptures that.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I will watch season 2 of the hamster goblin show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I hope that Osomatsu OP3 is as great as the first two.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Silver2195 posted:

I miss the cynical humor of early Wake Up Girls, before it turned into a generic underdog sports story. It would be nice if the new season recaptures that.

Someone has clearly forgotten the essence of idols https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_wInsX0kQ4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

kater posted:

It's almost like... March comes in like a lion.
and goes out like a lamb

I honestly cannot recommend March Comes In Like A Lion enough if you like serious slice-of-life esque with over-arching stories character dramas + light comedy, it's one of my favorite things in a while and it's crazy to me that not enough people are into it, but I get it, it's def not for everyone. It's written by Chika Umino, the Honey and Clover lady. I've no experience with it but people like that so I need to get around to it. March is def one of my new faves tho, Shaft did an amazing job and I really wish the manga would be released here

I should actually watch Love Live instead of seeing my friends play the gacha game and I wanna watch the old Kino's Journey before the new one, this season seems p. interesting

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 20, 2017

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Guy Goodbody posted:

Calling it now, drunk wife show is AotY

The manga is very cutesy and I love it, but the chapters are short and formulaic in ways so I'm going to guess it is going to be some 8 or 15 minute show or something like that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
LL Sunshine s2!
Im@s SideM!
WUG! s2!
Cingeki s2 why not

I'm excited for the season of idols

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
also Black Clover could be fun if they pace it well, Houseiki no Kuni should be good if the animation's decent the whole way through, more BBB, Kino's loving Journey s2, Ancient Magus's Bride, Osomatsu s2 (still need to finish s1), more Shokugeki, more Yuuki Yuuna holy crap this is a stacked season

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
black clover is more about the charming characters and recurring jokes than the fights, which are kinda generic. so, a faithful adaptation needs to have decent comedic timing to be any good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Huh. That's a lot of second seasons of shows I tried and dropped.

Def watching 3-gatsu S2 and Shokugeki no Soma S3 though. I recall Osomatsu being good, but unsure if I wanted more. Drunk Wife seems to be the dark-horse comedy front-runner of the season. I know nothing about Kino no Tabi but it seems good and acclaimed. I will also end up watching some J.C. Staff garbage or something similar.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

For anyone still avoiding it out of ignorance or spite, Gamers is purestrain anime rom-com and absolutely worth watching.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

kater posted:

For anyone still avoiding it out of ignorance or spite, Gamers is purestrain anime rom-com and absolutely worth watching.

Tried it yesterday and liking it very much after first 3 episodes.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

nielsm posted:

Tried it yesterday and liking it very much after first 3 episodes.

That loving zoom in at the end of that episode. :laffo:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

It's real good.

:smith: and then :gbsmith:

That was a very good manga. Asahi's 'proposal' was pretty adorable

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

GorfZaplen posted:

S1 was in kind of a bad spot to end tbh, it kind of forced itself to be in a situation where the last third or so would have a stretch where Rei and the Kawamoto sisters aren't the focus (tho I do like Shimada a lot!!). That should change in a, uh, big way with S2.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

A Depressed Teen Deals With Being Alone And The Anxieties Of Adulthood While Trying Not To Fail And Again Bring Ruin To Everyone He Cares About is a less good title tho.

Rei is the only good SadBoy ever in fiction imo
Oh god, the LN long title format. It's like the butts disease, but way un-sexier.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
If I want to dip my toes in the idol thing in preparation for the season of idols where should I start?

The only thing I've seen remotely along those lines is Symphogear.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Eela6 posted:

If I want to dip my toes in the idol thing in preparation for the season of idols where should I start?

Love Live is probably a good start.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Locodol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This. Holy poo poo was this show low-key one of the best things of 2014.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Love Live, in that it's secretly a sports anime about idols instead of an idol anime.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Love Live, Locodol and Cinderella Girls are all good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What about the ones with idols and robots?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm gonna watch love live and finally see my friends nozomi and maki

Nate RFB posted:

S1 was in kind of a bad spot to end tbh, it kind of forced itself to be in a situation where the last third or so would have a stretch where Rei and the Kawamoto sisters aren't the focus (tho I do like Shimada a lot!!). That should change in a, uh, big way with S2.
Yeah, even the final episode focused on establishing new characters and adapted a flashback chapter from later in the manga, so the ending was all around weird. The Shimda arc was real good tho! but Season 1 def felt like a story that got interrupted by the season ending. I def feel like I'll need to rewatch the first season again before the second airs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Xenoglossia is okay I guess

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Macross Delta is okay I guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Eela6 posted:

idolm@ster: cinderella girls, locodol or love live: sunshine

og love live is ok but it's full of pretty limp drama and i don't think it really goes for anything to make it as especially fun or interesting

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
perfect blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fangz posted:

perfect blue

• Locked thread