Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So I'm helping someone fix their roster for this year (they didn't play well last year). They have 4 keepers to pick and the last spot goes to either Marshall or AP and we aren't sure which one will actually pan out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Mikey Purp posted:

Hey guys, the ISO:FT beer league is looking for 2-4 more players to join us for season 4! The basic premise is that instead of traditional dues, every person pledges a box of a minimum $50 worth of local craft beer. At the end of the season, everyone ships their boxes to the winners. If you've never done beer trading or anything that's shouldn't be a problem, there is plenty of time before you'll actually need to ship and we can show you the ropes.

As far as league settings, it's pretty standard .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or check out the thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830042

This sounds great. Posted over there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Did you do it through the form? I automatically run everything and post it to the custom folder at the top of each update.

I did, which makes the no show much weirder. I'll try again this year. Thank you!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Mikey Purp posted:

Hey guys, the ISO:FT beer league is looking for 2-4 more players to join us for season 4! The basic premise is that instead of traditional dues, every person pledges a box of a minimum $50 worth of local craft beer. At the end of the season, everyone ships their boxes to the winners. If you've never done beer trading or anything that's shouldn't be a problem, there is plenty of time before you'll actually need to ship and we can show you the ropes.

As far as league settings, it's pretty standard .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or check out the thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830042

Right up my alley. Posted

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Finished first of 2 drafts today. 12 team, keep six, superflex with a bonus W/T spot and light IDP.

QB: Philip Rivers, Tyrod Taylor, DeShone Kizer
RB: Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley, Ty Montgomery, CJ Anderson, Marlon Mack
WR: Dez Bryant, Doug Baldwin, T.Y. Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Maclin Curtis Samuel
TE: Jack Doyle
K: Wil Lutz
IDP: Everson Griffen, Deion Jones, Christian Kirksey,Tony Jefferson

The keeper settings deliberately favor younger players, and basically all the QBs are kept. On the whole, I'm happy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp. Definitely went Max value for my family league. Not sure I like the end result. Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, 12 teams.; I picked 4th.

QB: Luck (7)
RB: Todd Gurley (3), Theo Riddick (8), Thomas Rawls (10), James White (11), DeAndre Washington (12), CJ Prosise (13)
WR: Julio Jones (1), Amari Cooper (2), Stefon Diggs (5), Emmanuel Sanders (6), John Brown (9)
TE: Travis Kelce (4)
DST: Jaguars (14)

Obviously WR is a strength, and to be honest QB and TE have elite potential as well. The obvious issue is RB, but I think I aimed for enough high upside picks that I should at least be serviceable. It's a bit unconventional but I went for value everywhere I could.

Board:

I was Unleash the Dragon.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 19, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Aside from the obvious RB weakness (and Rawls might be a great pick, the only other hole is QB. I'm not sold on Luck and I'm a Colts fan. Your WRs are amazing.

I am curious to get your thoughts on my auction draft earlier in the thread, Beer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Aside from the obvious RB weakness (and Rawls might be a great pick, the only other hole is QB. I'm not sold on Luck and I'm a Colts fan. Your WRs are amazing.

I am curious to get your thoughts on my auction draft earlier in the thread, Beer.

Yeah there are a ton of risks with Luck, but the upside is top 3 QB. I could have likely reached for Duke Johnson instead and grabbed Dalton or Mariota.

So I just finished my first league draft. 14 team auction league. 6 pt TDs across the board. 1PPR. The cap was $250 per everyone's request.

QB - Rivers ($1)
RB - DJ ($101)
RB - Ty Montgomery ($32)
WR - Alshon ($54)
WR - Tyreek Hill ($16)
TE - Ertz ($2)
Flex - Blount ($10)
K - Blair Walsh ($1)
D/ST - Miami ($1)
B - Crowder ($8)
B - DeVante Parker ($5)
B - Riddick ($3)
B - Kareem Hunt ($3)
B - Moncrief ($3)
B - Cameron Meredith ($4)
B - Duke Johnson ($2)

So how much did I gently caress up? I wasn't paying attention for a bit and accidentally bid/got stuck with Meredith and Duke. I had $4 left over and I felt like I could have snagged a couple of better players.

Also I have a guy who for some reason is desperate to get Blount off me. He's got Brees and Brady. If I can swing a Blount/Rivers for Brady/JStew that's a mash right?

I loving love this team. Awesome bench, amazing job with quality starters, everything about this is great.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah there are a ton of risks with Luck, but the upside is top 3 QB. I could have likely reached for Duke Johnson instead and grabbed Dalton or Mariota.

I loving love this team. Awesome bench, amazing job with quality starters, everything about this is great.

I agree with Beer. Great team.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Did my first auction draft!!! 0.5 PPR, 10 teams, $200 auction.

Did I do alright?

In hindsight:

-Freeman went for more than Shady, who'd I rather had. But after Shady and others went, I had to have Freeman. Who ended up being $3 more than Shady.
- I'm extremely high on Lynch....but had I seen that Mark Ingram, CJ Anderson, and etc were going for $6, I wouldn't have.
- I wanted Jimmy Graham, but I was cool with getting Olsen for $20....then Graham went for $6. wtf.
- I wanted Coleman to go with Freeman, but somebody outbid what I had left. I was needing Henry more, seemingly. So I was elated with that one.

Oh, and I stole DeMarco.

Otherwise, think I did well!

89 fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 20, 2017

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

Did I do alright?

In hindsight:

-Freeman went for more than Shady, who'd I rather had. But after Shady and others went, I had to have Freeman. Who ended up being $3 more than Shady.
- I'm extremely high on Lynch....but had I seen that Mark Ingram, CJ Anderson, and etc were going for $6, I wouldn't have.
- I wanted Jimmy Graham, but I was cool with getting Olsen for $20....then Graham went for $6. wtf.
- I wanted Coleman to go with Freeman, but somebody outbid what I had left. I was needing Henry more, seemingly. So I was elated with that one.

Oh, and I stole DeMarco.

Welcome to the wonderful world of auctions! Truly superior to poor old snake drafts. Simultaneously frustrating and totally fun.

Very good team! I'm surprised your WRs were so cheap, even in 0.5 PPR.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Did I do alright?

In hindsight:

Oh, and I stole DeMarco.

You loving murdered it. Stefon Diggs for $1? WTF.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Diggs for a buck is absurd.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thing is, I'd like to have another RB on my bench from the waiver wire, but poo poo. I'm not dropping any of those guys 🤷🏻‍♂️😎

Honestly, I picked Diggs cause I figured everybody would go after him and use their money up, but nobody really had money left so I got him for $1 🤗🤗

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Other notable crazy steals:

$1:
Rishard Matthews
Theo Riddick
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Pierre Garcon
Randall Cobb
Donte Moncrief
Kyle Rudolph
Terrence West
Dak Presuck
Derek Carr

$2:
Doug Martin
Willie Snead
Darren McFadden
Brandon Marshall
Kelvin Benjamin
Frank Gore
Jamison Crowder

$3:
Delanie Walker
LeGarrette Blount
Jamies Winston
Danny Woodhead

$4:
CJ Anderson
Spencer Ware
Devante Adams

$5:
Jordan Reed
Martavis Bryant
Mark Ingram

$6:
Jimmy Graham
Keenan Allen
Allen Robinson

Gronk also went for $28

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You could make a playoff contending team for like $30 aside of a QB.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Watching Kareem hunt is really making me think about switching my keeper from Ware to Powell atm and then just drafting Hunt.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Watching Kareem hunt is really making me think about switching my keeper from Ware to Powell atm and then just drafting Hunt.

That's why I grabbed Hunt and I'm higher on Ware than most.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Thing is, I'd like to have another RB on my bench from the waiver wire, but poo poo. I'm not dropping any of those guys 🤷🏻‍♂️😎

Honestly, I picked Diggs cause I figured everybody would go after him and use their money up, but nobody really had money left so I got him for $1 🤗🤗

That auction felt like robbery, which is weird because that league is usually more competitive

My team: :getin:
QB
Jameis Winston (TB - QB) $3

WR
Antonio Brown (Pit - WR) $58
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR) $39
Michael Thomas (NO - WR) $34

RB
Leonard Fournette (Jax - RB) $21
Lamar Miller (Hou - RB) $25
Danny Woodhead (Bal - RB) $3
Mark Ingram (NO - RB) $5
Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB) $3
Darren McFadden (Dal - RB) $2
Bilal Powell (NYJ - RB) $2

TE
Hunter Henry $2
Zac Ertz $1

DEF
PIT $1

K
Bryant, ATL $1

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 20, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Drunk Nerds posted:

That league felt like robbery, which is weird because it's usually more competitive

My team: :getin:
QB
Jameis Winston (TB - QB) $3

WR
Antonio Brown (Pit - WR) $58
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR) $39
Michael Thomas (NO - WR) $34

RB
Leonard Fournette (Jax - RB) $21
Lamar Miller (Hou - RB) $25
Danny Woodhead (Bal - RB) $3
Mark Ingram (NO - RB) $5
Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB) $3
Darren McFadden (Dal - RB) $2
Bilal Powell (NYJ - RB) $2

TE
Hunter Henry $2
Zac Ertz $1

DEF
PIT $1

K
Bryant, ATL $1

Give me Tevin Coleman you jerk :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just dropped Perine for Burkhead. gently caress Washington.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just dropped Perine for Burkhead. gently caress Washington.

What if he was Kurt Cousins all along.

E: to add content, draft Burkhead across the board before people realize how much work he's going to get.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 20, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ayudo posted:

E: to add content, draft Burkhead across the board before people realize how much work he's going to get.

As commissioner I haven't put in the players for my family league, so I get first dibs. Who should I drop?

RB: Todd Gurley (3), Theo Riddick (8), Thomas Rawls (10), James White (11), DeAndre Washington (12), CJ Prosise (13)
WR: Julio Jones (1), Amari Cooper (2), Stefon Diggs (5), Emmanuel Sanders (6), John Brown (9)

Will probably drop Jags and pick up Burkhead.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As commissioner I haven't put in the players for my family league, so I get first dibs. Who should I drop?

Yes. It's always safe to drop a defense for a flyer. Not sure the Jags are going to be a quality D if Bortles remains the starter anyway.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'd feel fine dropping either Washington or Prosise unless it's 1 PPR. And even then I'd probably still do it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

I'd feel fine dropping either Washington or Prosise unless it's 1 PPR. And even then I'd probably still do it.

Half.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I don't know what just happened... Everyone got drunk and screwed up my whole draft board.

Please tell me how screwed I am.

12 Man 6PATD

1) Le'Veon Bell
2) Jay Ayayayayayay
3) Michael Thomas
4) Mark ingram
5) Russel Wilson
6) Allen Robinson
7) Jamison Crowder
8) Jimmy Graham
9) Tevin Coleman
10) Kenny Britt
11) Johnson Stewart
12) Rishard Matthews
13) Tyrod Taylor
14) Robby Anderson
15) Giants DST
16) W. Lutz

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Watchlist Cooper Kupp in PPR leagues

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

I don't know what just happened... Everyone got drunk and screwed up my whole draft board.

12 Man 6PATD

1) Le'Veon Bell
2) Jay Ayayayayayay
3) Michael Thomas
4) Mark ingram
5) Russel Wilson
6) Allen Robinson
7) Jamison Crowder
8) Jimmy Graham
9) Tevin Coleman
10) Kenny Britt
11) Johnson Stewart
12) Rishard Matthews
13) Tyrod Taylor
14) Robby Anderson
15) Giants DST
16) W. Lutz

I don't think you're super screwed. I don't like Wilson, but that's just me. WR2 is a little weak, but I think Crowder will step up. Not a fan of Kenny Britt though.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I don't think you're super screwed. I don't like Wilson, but that's just me. WR2 is a little weak, but I think Crowder will step up. Not a fan of Kenny Britt though.

The numbers are kind of screwed up. I had no 3rd and 4th round pick trading my 3rd and 4th for a 1st and 8th.

So Mark was round 5, russel was 6 if that makes it any better

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

What is there to not like about Kenny Britt at his current price?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Papes posted:

What is there to not like about Kenny Britt at his current price?

Well for one...he's Kenny Britt lol

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/841752577821798401

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Well for one...he's Kenny Britt lol

He was a wr2 last year in a historically terrible passing offense.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alfalfa posted:

12 Man 6PATD

1) Le'Veon Bell
2) Jay Ayayayayayay
3) Michael Thomas
4) Mark ingram
5) Russel Wilson
6) Allen Robinson
7) Jamison Crowder
8) Jimmy Graham
9) Tevin Coleman
10) Kenny Britt
11) Johnson Stewart
12) Rishard Matthews
13) Tyrod Taylor
14) Robby Anderson
15) Giants DST
16) W. Lutz

I don't think you're screwed. You need help at WR but that's fixable.

Last year at our live draft at the bar (standard QB 2RB 2WR TE FLX DEF K 12 team league) I ended up with three quarterbacks and two defenses and have no recollection of how that happened

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Let's talk about sleepers! Burkhead, Hunt, who else should I try to scoop up in the late rounds.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Jonathan Williams

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm usually grabbing Rawls and Jamaal Williams late.

Im not a believer in Lacy or Ty Montgomery.

Also Terrance West not because he is a flashy RB but he will probably get the bulk of the carries for BAL

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did a spur-of-the-moment Yahoo draft that I'm pretty :geno: on. I loaded up on WR2s in the middle rounds but that may have come at the expense of RB depth. Also couldn't resist some homer picks, Russ2Doug all day erry day.

10 teams, 0 PPR

1.07: LeSean McCoy
2.14: Doug Baldwin
3.27: Lamar Miller
4.34: DeAndre Hopkins
5.47: Michael Crabtree
6.54: Russell Wilson
7.67: Jarvis Landry
8.74: Bilal Powell (this was before Hackenberg poo poo the entire house and convinced me to avoid all Jets)
9.87: Frank Gore
10.94: DeVante Parker
11.107: Doug Martin
12.114 Eric Decker
13.127: Cameron Brate
14.134: Giants
15.147: Cairo Santos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I haven't played FF in a few years, can someone give me some draft strategy tips for these settings?

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 20, 2017

• Locked thread