Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

WampaLord posted:

Should we have not fought WW2 because all violence is bad? What about rebelling from the British? Should we have let the South secede? Where does this "all violence is bad" line of thinking take you?

lol are you kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

Discouraging open and free violence in the streets is now a sign of being a nazi sympathiser. The situation we are in now is exactly what the nazis were hoping for because for the average person in the street its two packs of violent thugs attacking each other and anybody else who gets in the way. Fox news is running footage of some masked antifa attacking some stupid old lady with a flag and dragging her along the ground for 20 odd meters. She was probably there to shout about how minorities are a problem and should be shot or deported but you don't see that in the clip. Its normalising violence so that when Trump says both sides are at fault a lot of people think yeah black block and nazis were fighting each other and innocent bystanders got caught in the crossfire.

Its too late to hope for decorum now because its already at the point of people willing to kill each other. Probably the best thing that can be done is for black block to form lines outside soft targets like synagogues or black churches and prevent the far-right from approaching. Taking the fight to what started as a legitimate, 1st amendment protected rally and causing city wide bedlam will only make things worse.

Look at this concern trolling bullshit

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

lol are you kidding

Check out his buddy in idiocy taintrunner, they honestly think punching some sad old idiot with a bike lock is analogous to the Warsaw uprising.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Byolante posted:

Check out his buddy in idiocy taintrunner, they honestly think punching some sad old idiot with a bike lock is analogous to the Warsaw uprising.

It's not just the self righteousness of it, it's also that every one of those actions he listed were made by an elected government.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It's not just the self righteousness of it, it's also that every one of those actions he listed were made by an elected government.

The American Revolution was done by an elected government? News to me, I thought we formed the government after it ended.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Yeah let's wait for the Trump admin to save us from the nazis

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

WampaLord posted:

The American Revolution was done by an elected government? News to me, I thought we formed the government after it ended.

The continental congress wasn't just a bunch of random dudes who decided to show up from whatever state.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah let's wait for the Trump admin to save us from the nazis

All 100 of them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

All 100 of them.

Its almost like the media hysteria fomented by Hillary's campaign actually made a dying ideology suddenly mainstream again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

The continental congress wasn't just a bunch of random dudes who decided to show up from whatever state.

In realistic terms that's exactly what it was lmao. The real administrative bodies of revolutionary America were the revolutionary councils.

Byolante posted:

Its almost like the media hysteria fomented by Hillary's campaign actually made a dying ideology suddenly mainstream again

:thunk:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What revolutionary councils? Who paid the continental army?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

wizard on a water slide posted:

in what fictional world were white nationalists and neo-nazis ever not willing to kill people

~ d e c o r u m ~ will save us i keep crying as i slowly shrink into a sheetcake

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

What revolutionary councils? Who paid the continental army?

Financing the Continental Army was a collective effort throughout the colonies. The revolutionary soldiers themselves had to pay for it. It wasn't until the war was won and a real government established under the Constitution could start collecting taxes that the Continental Army could be truly paid for. They also stiffed veterans on the pensions they were promised, and a full pension program for veterans wasn't established until 49 years after the Revolutionary War.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

"campus counter demos led to the current climate of violence" yes because opposing fascists cultivates a climate of violence, unlike the actual fascists demonstrating their desires to brutally and violently subjugate everyone that doesn't look like them, no sir, they do not foster a climate of violence, no sir

If a froglodyte waves a kek flag in the quad, and nobody is there to punch him, do the neonazis get a martyr?

makes u thin k..

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/elinfinitoadios/status/898934829298798594

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Frankly, yes. You're ignoring all of the context of the situation to sit there and go "All violence is bad."

go out and punch nazi's then.

go on. no one is stopping you. not byolante, not I. Go on. i'm sure there's some skinhead bar in your area or some other place where undesirables hang out. You have agency, free will. Be that change man. do it.

There's nothing wrong with being against certain actions. Equating that to being a nazi sympathizer is dishonest and cowardly. You guys seem to think we have some broad influence on the matter when in reality that's not the case.

Want to punch nazi's? Go do it. Show us how better you are than everyone here. That's the new fad isn't it?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

FuzzySkinner posted:

go on. no one is stopping you. not byolante, not I. Go on. i'm sure there's some skinhead bar in your area or some other place where undesirables hang out. You have agency, free will. Be that change man. do it.

There's nothing wrong with being against certain actions. Equating that to being a nazi sympathizer is dishonest and cowardly. You guys seem to think we have some broad influence on the matter when in reality that's not the case.

Want to punch nazi's? Go do it. Show us how better you are than everyone here. That's the new fad isn't it?

[insert deflecting post here]

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

HIJK posted:

[insert deflecting post here]

whoa slow down with that tone, im tolf this is the chill forum

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is a really pathetic post tbqh

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is a really pathetic post tbqh

it's not the first time a post just like it has appeared in this thread, I'm starting to sense a pattern here

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Taintrunner posted:

it's not the first time a post just like it has appeared in this thread, I'm starting to sense a pattern here

That there are a bunch of pathetic losers who jerk off imagining violence against their political opponents, but who are not willing to do it themselves? Yeah, it's a thing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if this is gonna keep being the thread for smugly defending nazi rights and equating them to the people trying to put them down then ZDR should probably go through with nuking the poo poo out of it because lol

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

passionate dongs posted:

whoa slow down with that tone, im tolf this is the chill forum

*leslie knope voice* I A,MSUPER CHILL ALL OF THE TIME

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Mock Nazi Sympathizers Thread

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Non Serviam posted:

That there are a bunch of pathetic losers who jerk off imagining violence against their political opponents, but who are not willing to do it themselves? Yeah, it's a thing.

Defending the hard left's use of defensive violence as a political tactic to stand up against the rising tide of fascism in America = "jerking off by imagining violence against their political opponents," apparently. :sad:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Defending the hard left's use of defensive violence as a political tactic to stand up against the rising tide of fascism in America = "jerking off by imagining violence against their political opponents," apparently. :sad:

The first amendment doesn't protect nice speech, it protects all speech.

To attack people whose ideas you find disgusting is not OK, and the climate of thinking that vigilantism is the way to go will not help either. Antifas don't only attack "as a response" to violence, they attack as a reponse to an ideology.

Hell, antifas are now even attacking the Aclu because they represented the Nazis right to march.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

lol people that expressed those opinions in cspam were mocked heavily

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Non Serviam posted:

To attack people whose ideas you find disgusting is not OK, and the climate of thinking that vigilantism is the way to go will not help either. Antifas don't only attack "as a response" to violence, they attack as a reponse to an ideology.

Hell, antifas are now even attacking the Aclu because they represented the Nazis right to march.

oh poo poo really????

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Non Serviam posted:

oh cool guess i can go into a theater and yell FIRE then??

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Idk I think there's something to the idea that there is fundamentally no difference between saying it's bad to punch nazis, and saying it's good to punch nazis but being unwilling or unmotivated to actually go do so yourself.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

got any sevens posted:

oh cool guess i can go into a theater and yell FIRE then??

You should read about the idiotic court decision where that famous line comes from.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Non Serviam posted:

You should read about the idiotic court decision where that famous line comes from.

lmao

free speech: ITS THE LAW!!!

wait hold on this law is dumb!!!!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Authoritarians exist in all ideologies.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Non Serviam posted:

announcing your intention to form a white only ethnostate is not speech. It is a declaration of violence and an expression with the sole intent of intimidation.

quote:

Racist fascism is not an "idea." It is a racist system of politics that relies on the spinelessness of bootlicking liberals in order to take power and deny the rights of everyone around them. Accusations of "vigilantism" imply we do not live in a climate where white supremacy as a structure is the very foundation of our militarized police force. Marginalized communities have no voice to oppose fascist uprisings outside of organized resistance that at times includes defensive violence.

quote:

Good. They're Nazis. You can carry water for them all you like, until they take power and piss in your bloodied mouth for thinking they would respect your democratic norms.

"But but... the ACLU!!"
"But but... Chomsky!!!!"
"But the SPLC wrote this thing!!!"

:sad:

Falling back on higher authorities to dictate a climate of inaction against rising fascism is nothing more than liberal bootlicking, and reveals your desire for little more than an authoritarian control over perceived chaos.

All the while, a wide coalition of people including the marginalized are rising up and standing up to these Nazis in the streets, even as they run over peaceful activists and murder women, and you seek little more than to finger wag and demand "civility."

You don't have to go out and punch Nazis, and not everyone can. There's plenty of ways to support the people that do, whether it be supply donations or financial contributions, etc. However, demanding that people not stand up to a violent fascist uprising is utterly pathetic and deranged.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

"But but... the ACLU!!"
"But but... Chomsky!!!!"
"But the SPLC wrote this thing!!!

You know what? I trust those voices you ripped a hell of a lot more than some dipshit on the forums. Those people have educations, those people have experience, and they know what they're talking about.

To say you're BETTER than them is the epitome of arrogance.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

why do people have to take politics so seriously? all i wanted was to be left alone and play my video games

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Non Serviam posted:

Hmm yes I assume that's why we have obscenity, incitement, and true threat limitations on it excellent point.

quote:

You realize that the ACLU had people resign over allowing the Nazis to march and they subsequently released a statement saying that they would not protect armed demonstrators' rights to assemble right?

I'm not sure if you're being intentionally naive or not but you should probably step back before you dig in deeper.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

passionate dongs posted:

lmao

free speech: ITS THE LAW!!!

wait hold on this law is dumb!!!!

No, I'm serious, learn the background of that whole decision. It was a shameful moment for the court. They actually silenced a bunch of pacifist Yiddish anti war activists.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySkinner posted:

You know what? I trust those voices you ripped a hell of a lot more than some dipshit on the forums. Those people have educations, those people have experience, and they know what they're talking about.

So you insist on submitting to a higher authority, I get it.

You'll do fine under a fascist regime, why don't you just say that? It would save us a lot of time trying to convince people who admit they cannot conceive of the collective agency of the marginalized outside the approval of established institutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

I have experience of punching and being punched by nazis so you better start listening to me

• Locked thread