Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1424763730906520/?hc_ref=ARTNQYsmBG4MSeaSLkuiRzpNZ23oAoaEEW4AbUiHS95TBd2HlQXg2xqoK1UfGcaZ9x4

Asuka is starting to get that Nakamura drunk/high swagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I also appreciated that Adam Cole wore lifts in his boots that would make Scott Dawson proud

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Very disappointed in Aleister Blacks entrance. I was expecting MAXIMUM SATAN and instead I just got some terrible band that looked and sounded like it had escaped from the 90s.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

MrBling posted:

Very disappointed in Aleister Blacks entrance. I was expecting MAXIMUM SATAN and instead I just got some terrible band that looked and sounded like it had escaped from the 90s.

plus w/ the live band you can't hear the best part of the song, which is when the guitar goes BEEE DOOO BEEEE DOOO BEE DOO dee-dee-dee-dee-dee

i mean come on

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MrBling posted:

He should have killed the band

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

MrBling posted:

Actually Code Orange are pretty good, entrance was still disappointing...

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gaz2k21 posted:

Actually Code Orange are pretty good, entrance was still disappointing...

The two songs they played were loving terrible. Then again, I expect nothing else from WWE.

Whoever is in charge of their music (and I'm suspecting Corey Graves here) really likes lovely nu-metal/metalcore stuff.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

FIFTEEN! FIFTEEN! FIFTEEN!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did they change the blood policy? I saw the ref was gloved up and all but i kept expecting them to stop Itami/Black and break out the towels and Vaseline.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
They stopped stopping matches for blood a while ago, they just do the gloves now.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Did they change the blood policy? I saw the ref was gloved up and all but i kept expecting them to stop Itami/Black and break out the towels and Vaseline.

I think only if it's a gusher that's getting into the wrestler's eyes like that one Joe match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I decided to turn on the last episode of NXT... the Street Prophits use the old ROH logo font. Perhaps they're part of the invasion??

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sigma posted:

Almas is very good and Zelina is very hot
#tranquilo

Yeah they really dropped the ball with him before but instead of just giving up on him I like how they rehabbed him by using the partyboy gimmick to explain his losses and then having Zelina get him back on track.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KalistoWWE/status/899079184022208512

If Almas is Naito and Kalisto is Bushi, who is EVIL and Sanada?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Sigma posted:

If Almas is Naito and Kalisto is Bushi, who is EVIL and Sanada?

why would almas be compared to a member of the group that he himself help found

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should bring back pj black as la sombra

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Stale Saltines posted:

Yeah they really dropped the ball with him before but instead of just giving up on him I like how they rehabbed him by using the partyboy gimmick to explain his losses and then having Zelina get him back on track.

Agreed. It's good unintentional long term booking and Zelina's filling the role well.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The one thing I don't really like about the current Almas angle is that they're implying that being Tranquilo is a detriment to one's ability to perform in the ring, when Naito:

- Just won the G1 Climax
- Is the only man in the last two years to defeat Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

MrBling posted:

It pretty much matches his terrible character to a tee.

I can't wait to see him loving bomb on the main roster, if he even makes it there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

The one thing I don't really like about the current Almas angle is that they're implying that being Tranquilo is a detriment to one's ability to perform in the ring, when Naito:

- Just won the G1 Climax
- Is the only man in the last two years to defeat Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

imagine if he wasn't tranquilo

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Aleister Black is fantastic. He just needs to come out in a Baphomet head.

Also, as someone who knows nothing about him: Adam Cole might be the least intimidating-looking person in the entire world.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Baron Corbyn posted:

imagine if he wasn't tranquilo

Mods??

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Also, as someone who knows nothing about him: Adam Cole might be the least intimidating-looking person in the entire world.

He looks like he spends a couple hours a day hitting on people's little sisters

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

[quote="“Baron Corbyn”" post="“475570681”"]
imagine if he wasn’t tranquilo
[/quote]

People hate him enough that he literally ends up not main eventing the event he won a tournament to main event?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

In the Takeover results on WWE.com, I found this interesting:

wwe.com posted:

Only, they were only two-thirds of the equation as multiple time World Champion Adam Cole blindsided McIntyre.

Have they ever acknowledged another fed's title that they didn't own as a World Title?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they cant shut up about the iwgp title lately

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Davros1 posted:

In the Takeover results on WWE.com, I found this interesting:

Have they ever acknowledged another fed's title that they didn't own as a World Title?
Just about all of them at some point or another.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
gargano and almas are awesome together drat

are sanity faces now? i haven't been watching for a little while, they're certainly working that way.

sanity are totally faces now lol. that kinda rules actually. i like it. anarchist face tag champs.

ahahaha not only are they faces they are totally over as faces. how did this happen? amazing.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 21, 2017

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

shiksa posted:

gargano and almas are awesome together drat

are sanity faces now? i haven't been watching for a little while, they're certainly working that way.

sanity are totally faces now lol. that kinda rules actually. i like it. anarchist face tag champs.

ahahaha not only are they faces they are totally over as faces. how did this happen? amazing.

I think it's down to Nikki Cross having enough personality for a dozen people. She became effectively face when she was running full tilt at Asuka for the title. Then Sanity attacked AoP, but I don't think it'd have worked as well without Nikki.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
ReDragon attacking them after the match certainly makes Sanity the faces, but I have a feeling their feud will end up with ReDragon the smark faces.

Normally this whole shades of grey crap doesn't work, but hearing the response between AoP and Sanity which should've been a heel vs heel match end up being really hot made it work. That and Sanity playing the faces in peril looking for the hot tag. I wish they mixed it up by having a AoP hot tag too.

spongeh fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 21, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's a nice organic turn, too, because Sanity hasn't really changed their behavior at all. The only thing that changed was who they were beating up, and that just turned out to be heel champions.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Just about all of them at some point or another.

Mauro even mentioned ROH and PWG by name at Takeover.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

spongeh posted:

ReDragon attacking them after the match certainly makes Sanity the faces, but I have a feeling their feud will end up with ReDragon the smark faces.

Normally this whole shades of grey crap doesn't work, but hearing the response between AoP and Sanity which should've been a heel vs heel match end up being really hot made it work. That and Sanity playing the faces in peril looking for the hot tag. I wish they mixed it up by having a AoP hot tag too.

Sanity also have likeability. AOP are just default hoss wrecking machines. Rarely faces. EY, Nikki and Alexander especially all have babyface fire. Alexander was a real shock for me. He really stood out in that match.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

MrBling posted:

These live music entrances always come out terrible. Four recent ones come to mind:

Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania 32 - Vocalist is completely out of sync and off key, this is maybe the worst.
Nakamura at Brooklyn II - Violist out of sync, sound unbalanced and stealing the spotlight from the wrestler.
Nakamura at Takeover Toronto - Balance is funky, but the spotlight stealing violinists are super cringey.
Black at Brooklyn III - Slightly out of sync, sound unbalanced, vocals are inferior compared to the recording and the band hanging around takes away a lot of Black's mystique

Spend the money on pyro or special effects instead of live bands. Wrestlers today aren't coming out to Motorhead or Limp Bizkit, its third-string semi-amateur CFO$ produced vocalists that can't hack it in a live setting. Also, the dozen or so extras they hired to pretend they were in a mosh-pit... what the hell was that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sasha sings her own song too which makes having someone else perform it weird.

Should have just had Snoop then the recording.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ChineseConnection posted:

These live music entrances always come out terrible. Four recent ones come to mind:

Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania 32 - Vocalist is completely out of sync and off key, this is maybe the worst.
Nakamura at Brooklyn II - Violist out of sync, sound unbalanced and stealing the spotlight from the wrestler.
Nakamura at Takeover Toronto - Balance is funky, but the spotlight stealing violinists are super cringey.
Black at Brooklyn III - Slightly out of sync, sound unbalanced, vocals are inferior compared to the recording and the band hanging around takes away a lot of Black's mystique

Spend the money on pyro or special effects instead of live bands. Wrestlers today aren't coming out to Motorhead or Limp Bizkit, its third-string semi-amateur CFO$ produced vocalists that can't hack it in a live setting. Also, the dozen or so extras they hired to pretend they were in a mosh-pit... what the hell was that?

Roode's dueling piano entrance at I think Toronto was good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sasha's voice must be auto-tuned to hell because I've tried so hard to hear her voice in that theme and I just can't.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ChineseConnection posted:

Pyro adds virtually nothing and fills the arena with smoke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So does Snoop Dogg but he's still fun to have around.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

So does Snoop Dogg but he's still fun to have around.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bray's WM30 entrance was the only good live band performance, and it was on the same show as Orton's terrible live band performance.

• Locked thread