Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football: it's good
Will be interesting to see if Molde manage to get anything away at Odd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Football is loving poo poo. Dull, feckless poo poo.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Grimble posted:

Football is loving poo poo. Dull, feckless poo poo.

11 out of 11 Odd players agree

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Yesterday was a good day for Vålerenga. A match we were expected to lose ended in a draw. Lord Bendtner looks more and more like a player that's done with football.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
No team wants that top spot for now, I guess they're all biding their time to sprint for the finish 15 games from now or something

And this match is really a bit painful watching Viking defend like this

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

azathosk posted:

Yesterday was a good day for Vålerenga. A match we were expected to lose ended in a draw. Lord Bendtner looks more and more like a player that's done with football.

Curious Celtic fan here: has Delia done well since he got the job there? He seemed well out of his depth with us but was quite likeable all the same.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
He's doing average with an average team. Which is below expectations so far.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

Curious Celtic fan here: has Delia done well since he got the job there? He seemed well out of his depth with us but was quite likeable all the same.

Definitely considered to be underperforming somewhat so far, but that's based on him doing really well last time he was in the TL combined with VIF fans demanding medals every season even when their squad isn't good enough to compete for them leading to somewhat overinflated expectations. With the table so constricted now (besides Viking anyway) it could change in a couple matchdays really.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

after the complete shitshow that was last year, I really didn't think this season could get any worse. but here we are - not even halfway through the season, and already it's obvious it's going to take a miracle to not get relegated. fantastic.
now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink heavily. or something.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Always sucks when storied and well-supported teams drop into huge slumps like FFK have. Will the team survive 2nd division economically if it comes to that? The OBOS table isn't looking so crazy in terms of salvaging a spot next season (naturally this early in the season) but obviously being literally the worst team there so far doesn't lend huge hopes for a resurge in form either.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm sure glad we keep loving up all these games we could take more points in but graciously gift them away with embarrassing howlers or incompetence in front of goal, really cheapens the actually good results in a way that's just right

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This AaFK - Odd match reminds me of the U21 England vs Norway game from a couple years ago or whenever it was when we looked amazing for 20 minutes or so without scoring and then conceded 6. Except this time, it's the cool and good team that gets to win???

Also drat this thread's dead now huh, RIP every Norwegian poster. I wasn't even good at posting here regularly last year since it was a bad + terrible season and now I'm basically reanimating its corpse on my own.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Man, being top of the league was fun, hope we can do that again soon!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The table is pretty even this year, not very much at all separating 4th place from 15th at the moment.

Poor Viking are prolly hosed though.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

The table is pretty even this year, not very much at all separating 4th place from 15th at the moment.

Poor Viking are prolly hosed though.

Not much separating 1st from 3rd either!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I just love the smell of three points and I love them even more when they come against Lillestrøm.

We won both on the stands and the pitch. Football is great again!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Flovik got the sack at Tromsø. Not really surprising. Skullerud should be the next in line.

Høgmo is rumoured to take over, the same with Sigurd Rushfeldt.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

azathosk posted:

Høgmo is rumoured to take over, the same with Sigurd Rushfeldt.

Theyre going down for sure

Nah but somehow they seem to have a talent for surviving even when they're poo poo, they'll probably manage it again somehow

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
RBK managed a draw against the mighty Kristiansunds BK.

Next round is the last one before the summer vacation. Fits to have three weeks off when the weather is nice and warm.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
gently caress yes :getin:

1 point, feels like it was 3!

truls
Jan 6, 2003

azathosk posted:

RBK managed a draw against the mighty Kristiansunds BK.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
A draw against the mighty KBK is a great result!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Football's finally back this weekend.

Starting tomorrow with Rosenborg vs Kristiansund.

Sunday:
Odd - Sogndal
Sarpsborg 08 - FK Haugesund
Stabæk - Sandefjord
Tromsø - Molde
Viking - Lillestrøm
AaFK - Brann

On Monday: Godset - VIF

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'll take a completely earned and not at all coincidental draw. Now if only we could stop defending so loving awfully.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

MJØNDALEN IS A PIECE OF poo poo TEAM AND I HATE THEM FOREVER

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
They're great!

Next round:
Lillestrøm - Stabæk eller Aalesund*
Molde - Kristiansund
Rosenborg - Vålerenga eller Elverum
Mjøndalen - Sarpsborg 08

* Postponed due to heavy rain yesterday

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

azathosk posted:

They're great!

Next round:
Lillestrøm - Stabæk eller Aalesund*
Molde - Kristiansund
Rosenborg - Vålerenga eller Elverum
Mjøndalen - Sarpsborg 08

* Postponed due to heavy rain yesterday

Man, playing against Elverum next round is gonna be sweet.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Vålerenga have signed FItim Azemi on a four year deal.
The former Molde attacker Sander Svendsen have signed for Hammarby. Which is just weird really.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
tinpot cup only fit for garbage teams tbh

Real Clubs focus on the league (not getting relegated please)

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
I know this thread is about Tippeligaen, but holy hell we just beat Ajax away.

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Feels good man :getin:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I hate football.

Got a few decent pictures from the LSK - VIF game though.

truls
Jan 6, 2003

what now? 13 more years? terrible. worst thing that could happen for eliteserien

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

truls posted:

what now? 13 more years? terrible. worst thing that could happen for eliteserien

Its already massively poo poo though, so who cares.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I prefer to see multiple poo poo teams have a chance at winning instead of one slightly less poo poo team winning each year.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As a fan of poo poo teams with no chance of winning anyway, I can firmly say I don't give a poo poo

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

truls posted:

Luckily they don't get as much money as in Champions League, but it's still about 50 mill NOK. That would be about 3,5 Adegbenros.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
loving YES! 2-1 against RBK at Lerkendal is always welcome.

And playing the semi final at home versus Sarpsborg 08 is even better.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
More like Losenborg

ps: gently caress the league this year as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Insurrectionist posted:

More like Losenborg

ps: gently caress the league this year as well

Nobody cares about the league. This season is all about the cup.