Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Let's say I want some assault cannon tarantula turrets because I'm literal human garbage, what are some good options that don't cost me £20 a piece from FW? Preferably kitbashes and conversions, if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Sykic posted:

Let's say I want some assault cannon tarantula turrets because I'm literal human garbage, what are some good options that don't cost me £20 a piece from FW? Preferably kitbashes and conversions, if possible.

https://bitsofwar.com/home/475-legionary-sentry-gun-twin-minigun.html

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

butt fuckin' ultramarines

40k Badcast update:

No Badcast next week as I'm gonna be at the beach. The week after, right before NOVA we will be releasing the next episode and we have HUGE NEWS. Make sure to listen. And get your friends to listen. And your mom. But not your dad. gently caress that guy.

The official line for the Badcast Badbois is that dads are welcome but they have to be subdivided into the Dadcast Dadbois, a legally distinct body from the Badcast Badbois.
Also if you have two dads they should both listen to the show.

overthefalls posted:

Pictures of said Blood Ravens!

Sweet lookin Bloodboys there.

Serotonin posted:

Finished my World Eaters Hellforged Spartan Assault tank. Looking forward to painting this. Sponsons are magnetized for ease of storage and transport.
This thing looks so loving sick. I'd be worried about the spike racks though.

Corrode posted:

Has there ever been a range GW has lost interest in harder than Vostroyans? I played all through 3rd, missed 4th, came back in 5th and they'd been released and forgotten about in that time.
They just released the whole range all at once and never touched em again. It's a shame since they look so good. Last official art I can think of them was the Battle Missions book in 5th.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Honestly the Vostroyans looked goofy as all loving hell back in the day but if they were redone with more recent plastic models and had some better "official" paint jobs on pictures of them they'd look great

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Given the release schedule they were shooting for it's really weird to me that we haven't heard anything about upcoming codex releases. We can be pretty sure the next will be Death Guard, but aside from that... Nothing.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Pendent posted:

Given the release schedule they were shooting for it's really weird to me that we haven't heard anything about upcoming codex releases. We can be pretty sure the next will be Death Guard, but aside from that... Nothing.

I'd expect another article announcing the next block of books around Death Guard release.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So they walked it back and now Chaos elites can be taken as troops for their respective legions again.

Well, cool.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

I'd expect another article announcing the next block of books around Death Guard release.

Look man, it's been an entire week without 40k news. I need my fix.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zaphod42 posted:

So they walked it back and now Chaos elites can be taken as troops for their respective legions again.

Well, cool.

Got a link?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sure thing buddy

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

Also

quote:

‘If your army is Battle-forged, all Daemon Prince, Infantry, Bikers and Helbrute units in Chaos Space Marine Detachments gain a Legion Trait, so long as every unit in that Detachment is from the same Legion.’

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 20, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Danke my friend

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goose willis posted:

Honestly the Vostroyans looked goofy as all loving hell back in the day but if they were redone with more recent plastic models and had some better "official" paint jobs on pictures of them they'd look great

No, they actually look great and fit the setting well.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Hustlin Floh posted:

No, they actually look great and fit the setting well.

This

They were pretty much the last hurrah of metal guard regiments if memory serves.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vostroyans are rad as hell and I wouldn't change a thing about them other than making them plastic.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
When did this:

Becomes hotter than this:

?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goose willis posted:

Why am I not surprised that you are wrong about this too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ijyt posted:

Why am I not surprised that you are wrong about this too.

Shitposts run though him like poop though a goose.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

TTerrible posted:

When did this:

Becomes hotter than this:

?

When you roll a 1?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I would be up for plastic Vostroyans in a heartbeat. They're awesome.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TTerrible posted:

When did this:

I don't get why his boots need boots

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't get why his boots need boots

He's got a jump pack, so presumably he's gonna be doing a lot more landing than normal

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're anti-grav pads, like on the bottom of the Repulsor.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The whole idea for Inceptors is that they get dropped in from low orbit so it makes some sense they'd have something on their feet to absorb the impact of landing.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

The whole idea for Inceptors is that they get dropped in from low orbit so it makes some sense they'd have something on their feet to absorb the impact of landing.

Perhaps some kind of powered armour to take the strain

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
making sense and 40k are concepts that dont belong together

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Corrode posted:

Perhaps some kind of powered armour to take the strain

Why don't they just put all the Space Marines in Dreadnoughts

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
when are they gonna give some big boys chainswords?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Why don't they make the space marines out of an aircraft's black box material?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

He's got a jump pack, so presumably he's gonna be doing a lot more landing than normal

Spehss Mahreens have been using jump packs with normal power armor boots for like 10,000 years.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
This is AoS, not 40k (I swear, they're pushing Nurgle to the moon this year), but this might be what we have to look forward to with those multi-legged slug creatures.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I like goofy in my hams, and it still looks really goofy.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
I still have a 50% coupon for Dawn of War 3. Post your Steam profile if you want it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

taht owns so hard

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Spehss Mahreens have been using jump packs with normal power armor boots for like 10,000 years.

Square-cube law's a bitch.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Is it normal to get kits in plain white packaging when ordering from GW? I did a sizable guard order and had every thing but my Cadian command come in white citadel boxes with barcodes on em.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

Vostroyans are rad as hell and I wouldn't change a thing about them other than making them plastic.

I like their space cossack style a lot, but if they were plastic'd I'd love to see options for whole squads of those sweet full-face gas masks (which we'd be likely to get given how good GW usually is with spare head options). I also don't really love their lasguns. They are a little bit too old-fashioned. I'd rather see at least more conventional stocks.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Yeah, those are the boxes they use when they are out of the normal boxes.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Senjuro posted:

I still have a 50% coupon for Dawn of War 3. Post your Steam profile if you want it.

Could you save it for me to use in the Xmas Steam sale 2 years from now? It'll probably be at a price I'd pay 50% for then.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Deptfordx posted:

Could you save it for me to use in the Xmas Steam sale 2 years from now? It'll probably be at a price I'd pay 50% for then.

It's only good until September 1st.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

This is AoS, not 40k (I swear, they're pushing Nurgle to the moon this year), but this might be what we have to look forward to with those multi-legged slug creatures.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I like goofy in my hams, and it still looks really goofy.

Its just too much going on in one model. The snail-centipede is cool by himself, but there's like one dude on him and there's a tree on him and some metal bits dragging behind him and that dude on the pole... get rid of all that and it'd look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Bee posted:

Nurgle tends to be really goofy.

The Dark Imperium book had a big meeting of Nurgle Daemons and they started singing and partying. While Ku'Gath Plaugefater was like "No more music, no more laughter, Grandfather Nurgle's business is serious business." While they ignored him and continued playing music and laughing.