Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
PB and J Otter did nothing wrong

use your noodle~

noodle~

noodle~

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOME FAT rear end in a top hat LEFT ALL HIS BACK HAIR AND SWEAT ON THE MOTHERFUCKING BENCH?

shave that poo poo or wax that poo poo off motherfucker!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zyla posted:

i like alien 3 but i dont think i'd bother to defend it to anyone

the chest burster is literally a mpreg nightmare come true

I actually think it's a more solid movie than people give it credit for. I just think it's terrible on a moral level

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Agrajag posted:

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOME FAT rear end in a top hat LEFT ALL HIS BACK HAIR AND SWEAT ON THE MOTHERFUCKING BENCH?

i'm gonna come into your house and sprinkle chest hair all over your pillows, like some sort of German fairytale

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I actually think it's a more solid movie than people give it credit for. I just think it's terrible on a moral level

its been a while since ive seen it

whats the moral level thats problematic?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

this doesnt have much to do with bears man

u just met a hairy rear end in a top hat at the gym

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AestheticNon/status/892100103422582784

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zyla posted:

the fact that it was four fox executives jerking off and changing their minds about what the movie should be and destroying david fincher's prospects for working with hollywood until morgan freeman taught him to come around again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so its pretty much guaranteed that trump is going to pardon arpaio on tuesday right

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

eonwe posted:

so its pretty much guaranteed that trump is going to pardon arpaio on tuesday right

ya

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

eonwe posted:

game knows game among the land of serial rapists

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Why is today so slow, make the loving tweet

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Zyla posted:

i like alien 3 but i dont think i'd bother to defend it to anyone
Director's cut of 3 is a genuinely good film.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Isn't Alien 3 the one that the stapler gif comes from? That's a valuable contribution, if nothing else.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the fact that it was four fox executives jerking off and changing their minds about what the movie should be and destroying david fincher's prospects for working with hollywood until morgan freeman taught him to come around again

it's weird how none of that came through in the movie

ripley barely even mentioned fox executives

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Turdfuzz posted:

who cares
kill ur dad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zyla posted:

Alien: A woman is almost a victim of sexual violence, but she survives, defeats her attacker, and even saves the cat

Aliens: That woman discovers that surviving isn't enough, people don't believe her, and she has nightmares about it. She faces her trauma head on, and literally destroys the literal source of her trauma. In doing so she saves other people and builds a new life and family for herself.

Alien 3: lol nope she couldn't protect anybody, she can never escape that initial trauma, she's pregnant by rape, the only solution is suicide.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

oddium posted:

home movies was the best cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ueVuvS8zBY

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Zyla posted:

the giant penis shaped thing

that penetrates everyone on board...

sexual :thunk:

lolollol sjw

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Duscat posted:

it's weird how none of that came through in the movie

ripley barely even mentioned fox executives

i think you have to read the novel for that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FabioClone posted:

I can't decide which philosophy to adopt and base all my life choices on. Nihilism is a front-runner though.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Thatim posted:

lolollol sjw

No but for real, Alien owns. And even more when you read about how its symbolism.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aliens: That woman discovers that surviving isn't enough, people don't believe her, and she has nightmares about it. She faces her trauma head on, and literally destroys the literal source of her trauma. In doing so she saves other people and builds a new life and family for herself.

I would like Aliens a million times more if they hadn't included the kid.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
boring trump is killing the forums

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

eonwe posted:

p.much

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Alien: A woman is almost a victim of sexual violence, but she survives, defeats her attacker, and even saves the cat

Alien 3: lol nope she couldn't protect anybody, she can never escape that initial trauma, she's pregnant by rape, the only solution is suicide.

remember when I said cinema discusso will over analyze a character farting and say it's a commentary on global warming?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

boring trump is killing the forums

death is certain

inshallah

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Why is today so slow, make the loving tweet

saving his energy for tuesday

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got called a SJW in GBS for saying that the violence in the movie Alien had sexual overtones

the entire point of the face huggers was sexualized violence.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously, Alien and Aliens are ridiculously feminist allegories about a rape survivor, and Alien 3 completely shits all over them, and denies one of the strongest female protagonists ever any agency in some weird hosed up christ allegory that doesn't work.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
a trail of death and destruction under the eclipse

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
He should pardon Jeb! for his role in 9/11

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

i dont think your legs are supposed to bend like that. Perhapse check out a docter

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/899342589819707392

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
yuji naka, lead programmer on sonic

https://twitter.com/nakayuji/status/899099405105614849

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/899363926315593729

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Thatim posted:

i dont think your legs are supposed to bend like that. Perhapse check out a docter

Wow way to body shame

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Seriously, Alien and Aliens are ridiculously feminist allegories about a rape survivor, and Alien 3 completely shits all over them, and denies one of the strongest female protagonists ever any agency in some weird hosed up christ allegory that doesn't work.

yeah you're completely correct. I was wondering if you were gonna comment on the whole prison planet angle but yeah im with yoyu 100%

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

iirc they chose the worst alien 3 script to settle on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

a trail of death and destruction under the eclipse

MSNBC: C-SPAM Shitposting Productivity said to be dropping by 69% during Eclipse

• Locked thread