Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Place your bets people. Who's gonna get mob back to his senses.

Body improvement club? Reigen? Tsubomi? or someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Dimple

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mabels big day posted:

Place your bets people. Who's gonna get mob back to his senses.

Body improvement club? Reigen? Tsubomi? or someone else.

His brother.

You know, his brother came to hate him because he was afraid of this hidden and uncontrolled side of him. Now, even though he's awakened to psychic powers, they are completely useless against something so powerful. It'd be pretty dramatic if he was the one to have the final confrontation with his brother, right before meeting Tsubomi, so he can come to his senses just in time to fulfill his promise to meet her, probably to get rejectecd softly but given a very sincere conversation with.

...but really there's a lot of directions this climax could go in depending on who is the final confrontation.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just can't see it being anyone but Reigen or Dimple, but this is ONE, so I'm ready to be surprised.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It's going to be the first client, thanking Mob for dealing with the cockroach ghost.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

....maybe it'll be all of them at once?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only the world's most powerful psychic could stop a ???% Mob.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Someone repost that fanart of Tsubomi on a date with ???%

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Saitama shows up and gives Mob a high-five

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Slightly Absurd posted:

Saitama shows up and gives Mob a high-five

Buttchin guy shows up and tells Mob about the new "Heroes Association" initiative.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Mob is gonna be saved by the power of friendship, because he has the best friends.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

that things not mob, its someone else.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-100-008?id=379055

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if Toshiki likes plants these days.

Also, I continue to be very upset about everything that is happening in this manga. It's such an interesting set of stakes, though!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My God... the power of the Father-Son Kamehameha... nullified?!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Terper posted:

My God... the power of the Father-Son Kamehameha... nullified?!

tthe problem is they only asked each other for alot of power. if they had asked the whole world to contribute a little bit of energy, they definitely could have defeated kid mob.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Giovanni taking hits on purpose to borrow Mob's energy is taken straight from the Babel vs Yomi fight in Babel the 2nd.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I don't think anyone can claim ownership of the idea of intentionally taking hits when you can absorb power...

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

No but it can inspire other people to use the idea, regardless.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i personally think its taken from my childhood when brock used bide against my charmander and prevented me from winning the boulderbadge

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I like how the stakes are still being raised but not at DBZ power levels. I also hope this means everyone is there for Mob's confession and will be supportive.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
so is the only subversive thing that he doesnt get the girl because thats totally expected at this point and just lame

what is this final boss fight poo poo? for a series that went on about not being special and all that for so long it's been pretty typical anime poo poo the whole way through anyway

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

so is the only subversive thing that he doesnt get the girl because thats totally expected at this point and just lame

what is this final boss fight poo poo? for a series that went on about not being special and all that for so long it's been pretty typical anime poo poo the whole way through anyway

"the girl" herself is obviously terrible and not worth "getting", eg she just goes home in the middle of a game of hide and seek (evil)...

it wasnt really about "not being special" it was more about how other people still matter even if youre amazing and they have things that you lack...

also anime is great...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

First customer service, now community service, all washed away.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Unlucky posted:

it would be kind of interesting if the whole romance thing just kind of got brushed aside because Mob became such a natural disaster.

like, what if the resolution of the series is, Mob now has much bigger things to worry about than a romance because he was responsible for causing a typhoon's worth of damage? in a sense, that seems like that would be a much, much bigger life event than some measly romance.

except this is a manga and there are probably many ways that such a cartoonish kind of destruction can be dismissed in favor of much more lighthearted dramas for mob to worry about, like being softly rejected. and I think ONE is fun enough of a storytellerr that it will be fun anyways, even if it isn't necessarily revolutionary

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Mob Psycho hasn't really been super subversive or anything, it's generally been pretty sincere about being a shonen story of a boy with psychic powers growing up. The "not being special" thing is still a part of the manga because it doesn't mean that Mob doesn't use his powers or get in fights or whatever, it's that Mob's a cool person not because he's got awesome psychic powers and strength but because he's a kind empathetic kid who's still trying to grow. He helped Teru not through being a better psychic than him but by being a good person and example to him without even meaning it. He saved the world from claw with empathy. The fight against Toichiro ended with 100% kindness after all. And now all those acts are being revisited as those characters show up to try and save Mob.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

what is this final boss fight poo poo?

Same as always.

Mob against Mob. When you are fighting to be a better person, you are always fighting yourself.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Law Cheetah posted:

"the girl" herself is obviously terrible and not worth "getting", eg she just goes home in the middle of a game of hide and seek (evil)...

Bit of a weird conclusion when the worst thing she ever did was get bored of a trick when she was five.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tsubomi is fine but she's in the same series as Reigen and the Body Improvement Club. She has the deck stacked against her.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Law Cheetah posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

someone who would just go home in the middle of a game of hide and seek is not gf material

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

Law Cheetah posted:

someone who would just go home in the middle of a game of hide and seek is not gf material

It's almost like she has the maturity of a child or something.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
im sensing that a lotta you guys just left some poor kids hiding under a bush while you went home to eat lunchables

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tsubomi's gonna reject ???% because he's weird and that'll solve the problem.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Mob Psycho hasn't really been super subversive or anything, it's generally been pretty sincere about being a shonen story of a boy with psychic powers growing up.

This is why I like MP100. It's not bending over to subvert expectations or try to be more "clever" than other stuff in its medium, it's just radiating a heartfelt honesty and thoughtfulness that's rather uncommon in a medium infamous for having become an increasingly self-aware ouroboros, a problem common in a lot of nerd-driven media. ONE pairs that honesty with a personal sensibility that mashes together comedic absurdity with a down-to-earth perspective that manages to go against the grain simply by keeping it real.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The whole series is just about growing up/being a person is really difficult and confusing but you can't just shut down, you have to keep moving.

Reigen Arataka: World's Greatest Psychic (Self Proclaimed), World's Greatest Dad (Confirmed)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The former is also confirmed

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

http://eyedelater.tumblr.com/post/164598231122/mob-psycho-100-chapter-1009

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Good chap, is it younger brother's turn to shine now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-100-010?id=382644

I'm so fuckin pissed at ???. Noone fucks with the body improvement club.