Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

married but discreet posted:

Day 1 of moving to Austin: Jesus gently caress my life it's hot, I've made a huge mistake

You get used to it.

Ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Day 1 of moving to Austin: Jesus gently caress my life it's hot, I've made a huge mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love that Andy Richter is woke as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/899284903031750657

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

K. Waste posted:

They ruled, though.

Eh

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Alright, since it's 13 discs, I'm gonna get it and write it off on my taxes.

https://www.amazon.com/Dissent-Disruption-Alan-Cla-Blu-ray/dp/B01BGX1BK2

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh hell yeah.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
hosed up to think I have a reputation for being insightful on here when 90% of my thoughts on film are "it would be really charming if Wim Wenders retired from directing and opened a chicken restaurant called Tim Tenders"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

I don't even like Indiana Jones that much and that still seems like an uncontroversial statement.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

hosed up to think I have a reputation for being insightful on here when 90% of my thoughts on film are "it would be really charming if Wim Wenders retired from directing and opened a chicken restaurant called Tim Tenders"

🅱️im 🅱️enders

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

Oh hell yeah.

If I don't there's literally no other way to see most of the cool rear end stuff that's on this and Clarke's a genius.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Welcome to Texas! :v: You get used to it.

Just think, you're in a relatively dry part of the state. Try Houston some time.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

🅱️im 🅱️enders

This song plays inside on a loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Uh-AFFDys

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Safety Factor posted:

Welcome to Texas! :v: You get used to it.

Just think, you're in a relatively dry part of the state. Try Houston some time.

I once had the distinct pleasure of being at the Houston Zoo during a Spring rainstorm.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

What is this

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't even like Indiana Jones that much and that still seems like an uncontroversial statement.

James Bond is exceeding popular with people who unironically idolize toxic masculinity.

Edit: so yes, Indiana Jones is far better.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Jesus Kai Cole went in on Whedon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Death By The Blues posted:

Jesus Kai Cole went in on Whedon.

Couldn't be less surprised.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What is this

Pretty much all the tv only stuff Alan Clarke did.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Wait... Joss is short for Joseph?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Laozi posted:

"it would be really charming if Wim Wenders retired from directing and opened a chicken restaurant called Tim Tenders"
-Laozi

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man i hope The Day the Clown Cried comes out now.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

precision posted:

man i hope The Day the Clown Cried comes out now.

It was already due to be available in about 10 years. Lewis made some arrangement cause he figured he'd be dead and forgotten by the time it came to release it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jenny Angel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9cj38WeCY

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Foo Fighters performed Never Gonna Give You Up live with Rick Astley the other night and it kinda rules

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Foo Fighters performed Never Gonna Give You Up live with Rick Astley the other night and it kinda rules

After Rick Astley personally rickrolled a goddamned parade I'd sorta assumed that meme was dead.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

After Rick Astley personally rickrolled a goddamned parade I'd sorta assumed that meme was dead.

my dude if they released this as a single i'd buy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APmoU74ZsG4

come for the cover, stay when you hear rick astley say "motherfuckers"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TrixRabbi posted:

It was already due to be available in about 10 years. Lewis made some arrangement cause he figured he'd be dead and forgotten by the time it came to release it.

8 years. Library of Congress has permission to screen it in 2025; it was 10 years from the copy being given to them in 2015, not 10 years from his death.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skwirl posted:

The fun thing about that meme is, now that it's kind of dead, people don't really expect it, which makes it really fun to do in the year 2017.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Astley has that weird Hot Dad thing going on where if he was my divorced father I'd never let him meet a girlfriend because he'd probably sleep with her.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LesterGroans posted:

Wait... Joss is short for Joseph?

Yes but it's pronounced Josseph.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Astley has that weird Hot Dad thing going on where if he was my divorced father I'd never let him meet a girlfriend because he'd probably sleep with her.

id gently caress him

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

haha, this is great.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

8 years. Library of Congress has permission to screen it in 2025; it was 10 years from the copy being given to them in 2015, not 10 years from his death.

in 2025 i will watch what is quite possibly the worst movie known to man, and i can't wait. my life for the next eight years will be nothing but a prelude to that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

in 2025 i will watch what is quite possibly the worst movie known to man, and i can't wait. my life for the next eight years will be nothing but a prelude to that

It's cute you think any of us will be alive in 8 years.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I will be genuinely loving stunned if it's actually anywhere close to being the worst movie of all time. In a world where The Master of Disguise, Jess Franco's Fu Manchu movies, and Nukie exist, I'm gonna be genuinely shocked if a movie with actual effort put into it ends up being anywhere in the same loving ballpark.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That drummer who can't contain himself after that happens is all of us.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skwirl posted:

It's cute you think any of us will be alive in 8 years.

We might be alive but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there were concentration camps in America by then

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Skwirl posted:

see also: Rick Springfield

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Are you saying MLK wasn't a comics fan?

I'd love to say he was.

He was, actually, and used comic books to spread his message. This comic was also the inspiration behind John Lewis doing March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

the nineties were such a weird time for music. like, as for the actual music I think everything is pretty much a pale imitation of a bunch of stuff that started happening again in the 2000s but there are bunch of individual moments and songs that are pretty good.

and when I talk about "the nineties" musically i pretty much mean "from Cobain's death/Biggie's death until 9/11". The first few years with nirvana and the real growth of awesome hip-hop on both coasts got shot in the face/chest three separate times between 1994 and 1997 and then everyone just gave up until the early to mid 2000s.

• Locked thread