Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
lol at benjen just nonchalantly bonking the wights. then dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Hi Benjen

Bye Benjen

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Everything this episode has been catastrophically retarded

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

LegionAreI posted:

Well this pretty much guarantees a dragon/undead dragon duel now so that's something I guess?

Well yeah, with Jon riding the dragon named after his father.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"Come with me!"

"There's no time!"

"...Wait, what? Like, just jump on the horse. Even with two of us there's no way they could ca-"

"GO!"

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Good thing they brought Uncle Benjen back last season after 5 years

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hey at least we get to see the next on..

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

"Come with me!"

"I can't the producers want to cut more characters"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
This is so pathetic.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't realize Emilia Clarke could look sad

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Christ these Winterfell scenes are even worse the second time. Like I know it's going to go "psyche, they both unite to turn on LF!" and these Sansa/Arya scenes are still the goddamn worst.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"Look can't a gal just have a face collecting hobby?"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Game of Thones 2017; Come for the special effects, stay mildly interested in your phone while waiting for special effects

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I usually really enjoy looking at Sophie Turner but what in the gently caress is going on here

Edit: ah this is where boat sex comes in

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

gently caress was the point of that

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If Dany ends up winning I'm going to be super salty.

Hell, if anybody but the NK wins at this point I'll be pretty salty.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hey guys should we bring horses on this trip that requires us to bring lots of supplies AND requires us to bring back a dangerous prisoner? Also we might have to outrun a giant army since were trying to capture one of them.

"Nah, like 4 guys with a sled is fine."

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Sydin posted:

If Dany ends up winning I'm going to be super salty.

Hell, if anybody but the NK wins at this point I'll be pretty salty.

Team Cersei - Euron baby

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
*In extremely Fez from "that's 70's show" voice* They're going to do it

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Hey guys, is this episode good? Watching the 9PM broadcast but already know everything that happens from comments.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
"I wish we'd never gone. Seriously, everything about this plan was profoundly stupid, in retrospect"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Arise Chicken. Billy Witch Doctor Dot Com.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

InFlames235 posted:

Hey guys, is this episode good? Watching the 9PM broadcast but already know everything that happens from comments.

For very narrow definitions of good, maybe

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The writers are just big fans of WoW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chicken, Arise

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

InFlames235 posted:

Theres a good battle scene

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Rewatching it now, the whole conversation with Dany and Jon was GOOD while they talked about themselves and how they felt and took a turn to UNBEARABLE CHEESY after the "Dany m'queen i'll bend the knees 4 u babeh" which was mostly for plotsposition purposes.

WHY can't they have conversations like real human beings??? How can we relate to them or support them?

Team NK-Euron-Cersei alliance

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Unnamed One posted:

"I wish we'd never gone. Seriously, everything about this plan was profoundly stupid, in retrospect"

"In retrospect maybe we should have just hopped on a dragon and taken a 20 minute flyby beyond the wall and you would have been able to see everything."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lezard_valeth posted:

Rewatching it now, the whole conversation with Dany and Jon was GOOD while they talked about themselves and how they felt and took a turn to UNBEARABLE CHEESY after the "Dany m'queen i'll bend the knees 4 u babeh" which was mostly for plotsposition purposes.

WHY can't they have conversations like real human beings??? How can we relate to them or support them?

I mean the whole problem with their romance - beyond the fact that the two actors can't, you know, act, - is that they've talked about nothing of substance in regards to one another. They've discussed bending the knee, cave paintings, more bending the knee, and uh... that's it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Whoever wrote the Arya-Sansa subplot should be shot into the sun.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydin posted:

I mean the whole problem with their romance - beyond the fact that the two actors can't, you know, act, - is that they've talked about nothing of substance in regards to one another. They've discussed bending the knee, cave paintings, more bending the knee, and uh... that's it.

Please don't kinkshame their knee fetish

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Sydin posted:

Yeah that's exactly my problem. They are going to gently caress in one episode, and the one moment where they could FINALLY establish some chemistry between the two of them they completely ruin it by "oh, plot time?" "yeah, plot time"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Benioff called Benjen Coldhands on the inside the episode thing :laugh:

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
So Ice Maul decides to kill a dragon, but ignores the one 50 yards away from him, opting for the 3/4 mile super kill. Nails it perfectly, then proceeds to miss the bigger dragon, which is closer than the smaller dragon was at it flies away.

Drogon's got plot armor, confirmed.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that as badass as The Night King is, apparently he will be seriously wounded by Euron Greyjoy in Episode 1 or 2 of Season 8. Makes perfect sense, right?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I think ballers exists to make got look good

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Is there a preview for next week's finale? Can't seem to find one on Youtube like usual.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CDHiggs posted:

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that as badass as The Night King is, apparently he will be seriously wounded by Euron Greyjoy in Episode 1 or 2 of Season 8. Makes perfect sense, right?

Source? That sounds hilarious

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

lezard_valeth posted:

Sorry, bud. It's not looking that way.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

InFlames235 posted:

The DnD Northern adventure raiding party is pretty good. Winterfell scenes sucked hard (seriously, it cannot be understated how bad they are), and the ending boat scenes are surprisingly decent until they tried forcing the romance near the end at which point it became bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Constant posted:

Benioff called Benjen Coldhands on the inside the episode thing :laugh:

I mean I can see Coldhands sacrificing himself for Jon in the books, but will he be Benjen and will it go down like this scene, nope.

• Locked thread