Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bates posted:

Wait, hold on, have there been ANY tits this season??

When was the last penis shown?

These are the real questions that should be concerning people on this forum

Where has the tits, penis and rape budget gone?

Did we really sacrifice them all for Dragon brochette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Was the arrow shaped mountain a place that has been shown before? How did they get from the east watch to there which would have been close to castle black in the middle.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 21, 2017

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Bates posted:

Wait, hold on, have there been ANY tits this season??

Pretty sure Missandei + Greyworm sex scene was the only scene with tits.
And we didn't even see ken-doll Greyworm's nethers.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Was the arrow shaped mountain a place that has been shown before? How did they get from the east to there which would have been close to castle black in the middle.

That is the teleportation you're wondering about over all others?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Also "I just met half of these guys but Gendry, you are for sure the fastest"

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
why is this the spoiler thread when there is no spoilers...it's the same lovely discussion as in the other thread?

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Why the gently caress would you send the guy who has never been north of the wall to run all the way back to Eastwatch so he can send a message in time to some random frozen lake? Why not the guy who has spent his entire life north of the wall and probably knows exactly where they're at?

Why was Gendry up north anyway? Shouldn't he be in Winterfell making a poo poo ton of weapons with freshly mined dragonglass?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

why is this the spoiler thread when there is no spoilers...it's the same lovely discussion as in the other thread?

We can talk about future season leaks/rumors and generally more bookchat here. I do agree it's starting to get redundant to have two but it was nice being able to talk about the episode 6 leak here.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The spoilers for this season leaked like 9 months ago and they've all been true. There's not much more to spoiler except next season.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also "I just met half of these guys but Gendry, you are for sure the fastest"

Well I mean, he's right. Just look at the other guys.

Hound: big and slow
Tormund: also big and slow
Thoros: old and drunk and dying
Beric: old and slow
Jorah: old and slow
Jon: maybe as fast, but has the only weapon that can kill White Walkers
Gendry: young and fast

So pretty easy to see.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know what's faster than a Gendry? A horse!

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Even better: Gendry on that sled, Calvin and Hobbes style.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Codependent Poster posted:

Well I mean, he's right. Just look at the other guys.

Hound: big and slow
Tormund: also big and slow
Thoros: old and drunk and dying
Beric: old and slow
Jorah: old and slow
Jon: maybe as fast, but has the only weapon that can kill White Walkers
Gendry: young and fast

So pretty easy to see.

He could have sent a red shirt, and kept all the named characters on screen.

Plus imagine the memetic ascension the red shirt would have gotten if he managed to call for help in time. We haven't seen that since Potato Boy ascended

Hamlet442 posted:

Even better: Gendry on that sled, Calvin and Hobbes style.

Get him in the sled, by this point he can probably row super fast even on land.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

chernobyl kinsman posted:

"hey man you wanna come by for dinner tonight"
"nah i gotta watch game of thrones"
"oh yeah you like that show huh"
"no"
"don't you watch it every single weekend tho?"
"yea"

hatewatching/reading is incredibly bad and the people in the book thread are some of the worst posters i've ever seen. but it's hard not to be upset over a show that used to be really good

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
A lot of the bitching in this thread could have been solved with some easy work arounds:

1. Dany shows up on her own with no prompting because she was getting worried about Jon and it was taking too long for him to get back. No raven, no teleporting, just the typical showing up right place right time. Woulda been consistent with the timing and made sense why she did it.

2. Viserion falls on the ground somewhere dead, not in a lake. No reason for him to fall in the lake. If he was dead, the group still woulda had to ditch him to save their own lives. No chains, no lake, easy.

I don't know how they coulda saved the Littlefinger stuff tho it's just pretty bad but oh well.

InFlames235 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 21, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Redshirts would have died somehow on the way back, and you think Jon took the time to talk to them to find out who they were and their talents? Nope. He didn't even get around to offering Longclaw back to Jorah until they were halfway there.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Guys, the NK is so cold he can walk through and extinguish dragon fire but not freeze a lake.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There are definitely some valid criticisms to be leveled at seasons 5-6-7 of this show that set it apart from seasons 1-4, and most of the people posting in this thread have done a good job of breaking them down and making great observations.

That said, hate watching and commiserating about it on the internet is probably one of the worst "cultures" the internet age has produced, and I say that having browsed SA since 2007 and rarely missing a week off the weekend web. Like furries are disgusting but at least they are enjoying what they're doing whole heartedly.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

DrNutt posted:

Like furries are disgusting but at least they are enjoying what they're doing whole heartedly.

hahahaha wtc

"it's ok to do something disgusting so long as you enjoy every step of the road!"

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 21, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

JaySB posted:

Guys, the NK is so cold he can walk through and extinguish dragon fire but not freeze a lake.

A lake that was already frozen and the dead men were scared to test it until the hound threw a rock that didn't break the ice so they know it can now support 10,000 skeletons, and they are dead anyway they don't need to breathe

I just got to the part where the random falls into the zombies and it cuts to his perspective looking up and blood goes everywhere. What a loving cliche zombyism that's in every movie about them.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the drama and tension in this episode were great and it kept going up even after the dragons showed up! I thought the scenes of the rangers were good, the show has always done that thing with two characters you never see talk well. and they ran through a bunch of them this week.

I'm amazed that Tormund, Gendry, Jorah, and Beric all survived. I thought they'd kill Gendry to do a spell or something but I guess not.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A lake that was already frozen and the dead men were scared to test it until the hound threw a rock that didn't break the ice so they know it can now support 10,000 skeletons, and they are dead anyway they don't need to breathe

I just got to the part where the random falls into the zombies and it cuts to his perspective looking up and blood goes everywhere. What a loving cliche zombyism that's in every movie about them.

When did they turn into flesh-eating zombies anyway? At the start of the series they were content to arrange body parts in weird patterns now they're eating people alive.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

InFlames235 posted:

2. Viserion falls on the ground somewhere dead, not in a lake. No reason for him to fall in the lake. If he was dead, the group still woulda had to ditch him to save their own lives. No chains, no lake, easy.

It was done this way to make clear why they hadn't had a chance to burn his body. If he had gone down on land they just had to do another strafing run to burn his body with one of the other dragons, This way it's evident why they couldn't. Clumsy (the chain part), but it worked well enough for me.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm normally pretty much along for the ride with whatever stupid poo poo shows and movies like this come up with, but I really don't understand why Jon stayed so long to fight the wights, and then why Danaerys didn't blame him for Viserion's subsequent death.

I knew he was going to die since last Fall when the spoilers came out, but the way they ended up doing it was confusing and poorly done.

CDHiggs posted:

It's from the recent leaks, and I've got little reason to doubt them...especially since the ones last November about Season 7 have also proven to be right.

I must've missed these, what were the recent leaks?

Nichael fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 21, 2017

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Nichael posted:

I'm normally pretty much along for the ride with whatever stupid poo poo shows and movies like this come up with, but I really don't understand why Jon stayed so long to fight the wights, and then why Danaerys didn't blame him for Viserion's subsequent death.

I knew he was going to die since last Fall when the spoilers came out, but the way they ended up doing it was confusing and poorly done.

OP has some kind of list, but /r/freefolk has a bit more details.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CDHiggs posted:

It's from the recent leaks, and I've got little reason to doubt them...especially since the ones last November about Season 7 have also proven to be right.

Do these leaks confirm if the following characters die?

Arya
Sansa
Tyrion
Daenerys
Jon

I just want to know if there's anything I can look forward to next season

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They totally could have just blown up the NK right then and there if they tried

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

hahahaha wtc

"it's ok to do something disgusting so long as you enjoy every step of the road!"

I mean, yes? As long as they're not hurting anyone who the gently caress cares?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6q7mn1/frikidoctors_season_7_episode_7_review_and_qa/

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

With what? He's shown many times he doesnt care about fire

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

With what? He's shown many times he doesnt care about fire

He's just kind of walked over some bonfires as far as I can remember. I don't think he's immune to being blasted in the mouth by a dragon.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Danaerys has never see him before, doesn even know what a white walker looks like

They aerial flyover shots were just huge massed crowds, she doesnt even notice him until Jon says to take off

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He's just kind of walked over some bonfires as far as I can remember. I don't think he's immune to being blasted in the mouth by a dragon.

I feel like they've given some fairly heavy hints that he/they were made from obsidian, and can only be undone by obsidian.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

I think they meant the season 8 leak about Euron.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just finished. There was no boat loving and I feel lied to.

Also how many times have they changed what the WWs look like. I thought the original Spaghetti Walkers were the best at giving me the jeepers. Now they are just blue dudes.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Just finished. There was no boat loving and I feel lied to.

Wrong episode spoilers

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Not only was the zombie army carrying around thousands of tons of chain for just this eventuality, they also apparently have underwater diving wights capable of fashioning some kind of purchase around the dead dragon at the bottom of the frozen lake.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 minutes!
Plus if you dont watch the show everyone assumed that you did and thats a conversation you dont want to have.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Genuinely surprised here. Reviewers were eating this season up but maybe this episode was finally too much convenience/bad writing for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

withak posted:

they also apparently have underwater diving wights capable of fashioning some kind of purchase around the dead dragon at the bottom of the frozen lake.

Well a bunch of them just streamed into the lake when the ice broke. So presumably yes.

• Locked thread